Last Tango - The Heartland 2009 Weekender

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Update: created a Facebook Event for it:

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=109091375968
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
James Blast
Banned

DerekR wrote:still gutted that I wont be in attendance :evil:
are you going to the one the week before DR? :lol:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
DerekR
Doobie Brother

James Blast wrote:
DerekR wrote:still gutted that I wont be in attendance :evil:
are you going to the one the week before DR? :lol:

GIRUY!
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Quiff Boy wrote:
mh wrote:
Obviousman wrote:How doable is arriving at Manchester at 6:30 Friday in the morning (:eek:) with Ryanair, have a look around the city centre there and get to Leeds towards e.g. the afternoon?
Planning on doing something similar (but without the godawful early morning :urff: ), just checking out timetables now, trains seems fairly regular - every 15 mins or thereabouts, with a 1 hour journey time. Fares are a bit steep looking - 15 quid! :eek:
yep, its exactly as MH says. plenty of trains from manc airport direct to leeds, via manchester piccadilly - its all on the same train line... :)

not sure what mine and jo's plans are for that day yet, but if you're going to be around manc in the morning we could grab a coffee and say hi in advance of the evening's activities 8)

i work just behind piccadilly station.
Thanks for the info! I'll check if I can get the day off and will book flights tomorrow, both flights together just 20 euros and I still have 10 euros to spend with Ryanair :-D
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
James Blast
Banned

I'll bring my 'knob of butter' :eek:

those of you who have seen the fillum will ken whit I mean, s'ok Zed, it's not for you :lol: :lol: :lol:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Debaser
Overbomber

Quiff Boy wrote:
the old main drag huh? :lol: :lol:
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else
mh
Above the Chemist

Debaser wrote:
Quiff Boy wrote:
the old main drag huh? :lol: :lol:
Aaaaargghhhh! Mental image! Mental image!
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
James Blast
Banned

but does he have a 'knob of butter'?
~ Peter Steele
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

nah, they've cleaned it up these days. it's not like london kings cross station anymore ;) :lol:
snowey
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Quiff Boy wrote:
mh wrote:
Obviousman wrote:How doable is arriving at Manchester at 6:30 Friday in the morning (:eek:) with Ryanair, have a look around the city centre there and get to Leeds towards e.g. the afternoon?
Planning on doing something similar (but without the godawful early morning :urff: ), just checking out timetables now, trains seems fairly regular - every 15 mins or thereabouts, with a 1 hour journey time. Fares are a bit steep looking - 15 quid! :eek:
yep, its exactly as MH says. plenty of trains from manc airport direct to leeds, via manchester piccadilly - its all on the same train line... :)

not sure what mine and jo's plans are for that day yet, but if you're going to be around manc in the morning we could grab a coffee and say hi in advance of the evening's activities 8)

The last time I watched HMHB at the Star & Garter I saw the "calibre" of "workers" at the back of Piccadilly station.... :lol: :lol:
James Blast
Banned

a 'happy finish' Dave? :lol:
~ Peter Steele
snowey

James Blast wrote:a 'happy finish' Dave? :lol:
They were the sort of "workers" your right (or left) hand was made for. :urff: :urff: :? :lol:
snowey

Anyway back on topic... :lol:

Sorted a baby sitter for Friday :D but were not coming over on Saturday :cry:
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

Quiff Boy wrote:but yeah, the train from manc to leeds is a bit pricey, but fwiw its a decent enough service with trains that (by uk standards) are quite posh ;) :D

i did that commute & back every day for two years :eek: :urff:
If there are a few of you, it might be worth investigating the cost of a stretch limo. My cousin and his friends got one from Glasgow to Newcastle once and it worked out cheaper than the train. Not to mention the sheer vulgarity of it :lol:

Incidentally I'm considering going to this one. No special offers at the Travelodge (or any other hotel in the vicinity for that matter) to be seen this time though :( Maybe prices will drop.
RIP Dale: 1994 - 2009
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

I'd pop over to Manc, just for the privilige of driving back in a limo with the Heartlander Elite! :D

Andrew, there's room on the front-room bed at Sinister Towers if the 'Lodge cannot accommodate - let me know! :)
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

no offence but the idea of being stuck in a car for an hour (even a f**king huge car) with most of you lot scares the sh*t out of me ;) :lol: ;D
snowey

Quiff Boy wrote:no offence but the idea of being stuck in a car for an hour (even a f**king huge car) with most of you lot scares the sh*t out of me ;) :lol: ;D
Yeah but think of all the hair and fashion tips you would get from Timbo in that hour. :lol: :innocent: :lol:
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

brrrrrr :urff:

:P
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

Wait, what?

I am but a neophyte to Herr Quiffboy and his sartorial studies! :wink:
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

Quiff Boy wrote:no offence but the idea of being stuck in a car for an hour (even a f**king huge car) with most of you lot scares the sh*t out of me ;) :lol: ;D
charming!
I just can't keep living on dreams no more
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Andrew S wrote:If there are a few of you, it might be worth investigating the cost of a stretch limo. My cousin and his friends got one from Glasgow to Newcastle once and it worked out cheaper than the train. Not to mention the sheer vulgarity of it :lol:

Incidentally I'm considering going to this one. No special offers at the Travelodge (or any other hotel in the vicinity for that matter) to be seen this time though :( Maybe prices will drop.
I like the idea, would be an excellent laugh no doubt :lol:

Not checked about where to stay to either yet, but hey, it's still months away 8)
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
DerekR
Doobie Brother

The good news is that myself and the Mrs will be in attendance after all, on the Friday only but it's better than nowt. So happy :D
James Blast
Banned

Bauhaus no on tour then? :lol:

any danger of a bearth for thi nicht?
~ Peter Steele
DerekR
Doobie Brother

Aye of course, but we're aff up North Saturday lunchtime so ye'll have to be up and oot kinda early. Where are you staying the rest of the weekend?
James Blast
Banned

in ma wee black motor up yer driveway, it would seem

naah, if I'm fit I'll get an hotel

nae worries Dude :D
~ Peter Steele