war on drugs

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Ed Rhombus
Slight Overbomber

10 songs in a week?

16.8 hours a song

If they're all like War on Drugs, they could easily have the whole weekend off
Ed Rhombus

There for you (weather permiting)

www.rhombus-rock.com
https://www.facebook.com/rhombus.uk
nearmethexperience
Sarky Git

or if slept is anything to go by they'd be on a mythical 2 day week :P
++++ All those of you who have tears, prepare to shed them now... ++++
Black Shuck
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth
Location: Sitting in a sleazy snack bar, sucking sickly sausage rolls

This may be a stupid question, but what is 'War on Drugs' about?
Gazza for England manager
Almiche V
Slight Overbomber

Black Shuk wrote:This may be a stupid question, but what is 'War on Drugs' about?
I think it's about the futility of the USA's War on Drugs. Shame it's not in the film Traffic.
To not know and to ask a question is a moment of embarrassment; to not know and not ask is a lifetime of shame.
Jim
Slight Overbomber

Crikey, how much do you guys have in your pockets - I can put up 10.64, and a plectrum.

We'll get to half a mill in no time.

Maybe a telethon.
"You do realize you're talking to a man with a human head in his hands who has every intention of using it to beat these people to death?"
Jim
Slight Overbomber

Or should that be "vonathon"

Lol.
"You do realize you're talking to a man with a human head in his hands who has every intention of using it to beat these people to death?"
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Jim wrote:Or should that be "vonathon"

Lol.
£3.57 and a used tissue :|
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
MrChris
Slight Overbomber

They were apparently asking for a million a year or two ago, so it's obviously coming down. Still cheaper than Morrissey, who is in a similar situation, but wants £3mill - lots of record interest, but none of them will take a risk and write that cheque. There must be a seriously rich Sisters fan somewhere out there... or do we wait until 2009, when they'll be asking for two pints of lager and the legendary packet of crisps?
Chris

---------------------------------------------
Again and again and again...
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

war on drugs

the title is a pun - on one hand we have the usa's self-declared "war on (against?) drugs", on the other we have the chorus - "let's do the war on drugs"

the whole set of lyrics make me think of apocalypse now, one of von's fave films: references to the delta (mekong delta?) and fighting a war while high on drugs etc - pure apocalypse now :)

i love the smell of patchouli in the morning! :D :D :D

mix that with shouts of "wha hooo" (gung ho marine-style) and references to areas of leeds (kirskall) and its quite an interesting set of lyrics really :)

the title also reminds me of the SSV track "drugs czar" - with similar bad punning in the chorus: "we know where the drugs czar" etc :roll:

i like th track. i've heard a few different versions of it and think its coming along nicely - its by no means one of my faves, but its not bad.

the early performances of it were very shaky though, and prone to slipping horrible out of time during the time-change/fast bit at the end! but these days is pretty tight. :D :D
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Scardwel
Slight Overbomber

That pretty much sums up my feelings on W.O.D. too :)
I like the track (the groovy lyrics in particular), but musically it certainly isn't the Sisters at the best - another Temple Of Love it is not! :|
Black Shuck
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth
Location: Sitting in a sleazy snack bar, sucking sickly sausage rolls

MrChris wrote:They were apparently asking for a million a year or two ago, so it's obviously coming down. Still cheaper than Morrissey, who is in a similar situation, but wants £3mill - lots of record interest, but none of them will take a risk and write that cheque.
Apparently, Morrissey's just been signed by Sanctuary records.

He's probably a safer bet than the sisters, though- I've got a funny feeling that a new sisters album will make the top 20 in it's first week (as all us lot rush out and buy it) only to rapidly dissapear from the charts...
Gazza for England manager
Jim
Slight Overbomber

noooooooooooooooooo!

As soon as they get the smallest amount of single play the world will catch up and everybody will buy it.

Really.