Is it OK to sob at gigs?

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Being645
Intellectual Love God

You are very unfair towards Mr Whammy now ... :wink: ...
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

wembley 1990, i burst into tears when they started to play "marian" and roared my eyes out. awesome. :von:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
DerekR
Doobie Brother

AsK kerf about the problems with "dust in the eye" at the end of the Ocean Rain gig at the Albert Hall ;)
Erudite
Slight Overbomber

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:wembley 1990, i burst into tears when they started to play "marian" and roared my eyes out. awesome. :von:

That wis probably the drugs. :wink:
You are what you drink - I'm a bitter man!
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

Erudite wrote:
eastmidswhizzkid wrote:wembley 1990, i burst into tears when they started to play "marian" and roared my eyes out. awesome. :von:

That wis probably the drugs. :wink:
:lol: you may be surprised to learn that there was a very small part of my adult life when i stopped doing speed for a couple of years. i'd probably only had a couple of pints before that gig, though i do recall lighting a spliff up just before they came on. ;D
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
DerekR
Doobie Brother

DerekR wrote:AsK kerf about the problems with "dust in the eye" at the end of the their fourth album gig at the Albert Hall ;)
For Kerf read Keef, bloody ipod touch :roll:
scotty
Overbomber

DerekR wrote:AsK kerf about the problems with "dust in the eye" at the end of the their fourth album gig at the Albert Hall ;)
Aye :oops: , a truly wonderful evening :notworthy: :notworthy:

Bauhaus at Glasgow doing Severance..............sorry to bring it up Derek :innocent: :twisted: but that nearly started me off :oops:

And I sobbed at a couple of Sisters gigs..........................because they were utter piiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiish :evil: :evil:
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
Erudite
Slight Overbomber

eastmidswhizzkid wrote: :lol: you may be surprised to learn that there was a very small part of my adult life when i stopped doing speed for a couple of years. i'd probably only had a couple of pints before that gig, though i do recall lighting a spliff up just before they came on. ;D
Ah, mate, you've just destroyed the myth! :D
You are what you drink - I'm a bitter man!
Sunsonic
Amphetamine Filth

Hom_Corleone wrote:I cried when I saw Suzanne Vega doing Luka at some festival after all day drinking and too many jazz cigarettes. Blubbed like a baby. :cry:
Yes and I was there with him too, you should have seeen him, crying buckets he was the big jessie.
He still sits at home sobbing along to his Whitney Huston cd's :lol: :lol:
One life all I need
splintered thing
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Erudite wrote:I've had the occasional moment watching Tori Amos (insert whatever joke you must).

Beyond that, I was fairly greetin' after the last sisters gig. :wink: :innocent:
Me too!!
I also had a few tears in Belgium last year during Lucretia!
as the day is long,
rain from heaven
sziamiau
Slight Overbomber

James Blast wrote:I cried at Type O's Glasgow gig c.96/7 during the end guitar coda of Green Man, it's my fave tune of theirs and to see and hear it live moved me to blub

I am not mad
and I love you too sir :notworthy:
darkparticle
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

to let somebody touch you :eek: blubbering jessies the lot of you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owzhYNcd4OM

:wink:
People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid.

- Soren Aabye Kierkegaard
iesus
Overbomber

It counts for concerts you were out of the arena? :?
I only spoiled tears outside a concert i didn't have the money to get inside :(
Damn that was an awfull fealing :cry:
The concert was Metallica and The Cult in Nea Smyrni (Athens) on 27 Jun 1993 ...
i was standing outside and felt very bad that i couldn't see that concert :roll:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
Silver_Owl
The Don

iesus wrote:It counts for concerts you were out of the arena? :?
I only spoiled tears outside a concert i didn't have the money to get inside :(
Damn that was an awfull fealing :cry:
The concert was Metallica and The Cult in Nea Smyrni (Athens) on 27 Jun 1993 ...
i was standing outside and felt very bad that i couldn't see that concert :roll:
I would have cried too. :(
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.