Your help is wanted for an article I'm doing for UNSCENE Mag

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
deirfiur
Amphetamine Filth

Your Age ; 40
Top 5 Sisters songs ever ; Heartland (Live, on drugs), Still, Emma (live), Ribbons, Fix
Favourite Album ; Any live one from 83-85
How many times approx. 2 - not enough
Favourite Sisters Line-Up ; , Marx, Hussey, Adams, Avalanche
Favourite Gig ; Narrow choice as both were the Wembley Arena Gigs
Worst Gig ; as above - it was the best of time s, it was the worst of times
Best Tee-Shirt ; Jesus lives the sisters

Ramdon comment: play a gig in Ireland
metal on metal
Amphetamine Filth

Top 5 Sisters songs ever: Lights, Marian, Afterhours, This Corrosion, Colours
Favourite Album: Floodland
Seen The Sisters: 8 times
Favourite Sisters Line-Up: Andrew and Patricia
Favourite Gig: Leeds University, 1991 (helped by vast quantities of alcohol)
Worst Gig: London Astoria, 2006 (couldn't even have been helped by vast quantities of alcohol)
Best Tee-Shirt: my old Black October one which finally gave up the ghost some time in the mid-90s
James Blast
Banned

this should be an entry question for registration on HL :lol:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Debaser
Overbomber

James Blast wrote:this should be an entry question for registration on HL :lol:
I'd be thrown out :cry:
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else
James Blast
Banned

you could bluff it, nae danger :lol:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Debaser
Overbomber

Couldn't bluff number 4. Haven't got the foggiest idea on any single line up - I mean I know some names of band members but wouldn't have a clue as to when they were in the group let alone what they played. In fact they could bop me on the nose and I wouldn't have the faintest idea who they were.

Eeeeek, I think I may have said too much :oops:
James Blast
Banned

burn the witch
~ Peter Steele
radiojamaica
Overbomber

Floorshow, Burn, Amphetamine Logic, On The Wire, Never Land (full length)... live versions please, except for the last 2 ones
Some Girls Wander By Mistake... yeah I know, but still!
Adams, Hussey, Marx, Eldritch & Dr. Avalanche
Pukkelpop 1992
Pukkelpop 2001
Utterly Bastard Groovy
in dub we trust
sultan2075
Overbomber

Your Age: 35
Top 5 Sisters songs ever: Depends on my mood. Of late--when I've bothered--it's mostly been unreleased and new(er) stuff. Especially Crash & Burn and Summer. I like Slept. I quite like Arms as well. Studio versions would be much appreciated. Gimme Shelter is great.
Favourite Album: the next one, of course. Otherwise...Floodland is probably the best album, but I really love the crude, punk-rock energy of the pre-1985 material.
How many times approx. have you seen The Sisters: 5 times, but it feels like more. Then again, I'm in the US.
Favourite Sisters Line-Up: It's a tie between Pearson/Starling and Pearson/Catalyst. That being said, I am growing more and more fond of Ben's playing as time goes on.
Favourite Gig: The first of a two night residency in San Francisco in the late 90's. I couldn't even tell you the year. I can tell you that nothing I've ever experienced has topped it.
Worst Gig: Probably Dallas 2006, though it's hard to say. The sound could have been better, though that's probably not the band's fault. Still, it was not on par with the other times I've seen them.
Best Tee-Shirt: Utterly Bastard Groovy.

I did meet Mr. Catalyst briefly in Dallas. He seemed like a fine gent. That's it, though. No connections, either.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
xxKyo13xx
Road Kill

Marian, No Time To Cry, This Corrosion, Flood 2, Body and Soul
Either First and Last and Always or Floodland
I haven't seen them
Eldritch, Marx, Hussey, Adams, Avalanche
I haven't been to any of their concerts
I don't have a Sisters t-shirt either. :(
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

xxKyo13xx wrote:14
Marian, No Time To Cry, This Corrosion, Flood 2, Body and Soul
Either First and Last and Always or Floodland
I haven't seen them
Eldritch, Marx, Hussey, Adams, Avalanche
I haven't been to any of their concerts
I don't have a Sisters t-shirt either. :(
But you're here. And god (or whoever) bless you for it 8)

14. Blimey. What was I listening to at 14. Something dreadful I'm sure... Fair play to you :lol: :notworthy:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Debaser wrote:Couldn't bluff number 4. Haven't got the foggiest idea on any single line up - I mean I know some names of band members but wouldn't have a clue as to when they were in the group let alone what they played. In fact they could bop me on the nose and I wouldn't have the faintest idea who they were.

Eeeeek, I think I may have said too much :oops:
But you have seen the sisters, which tbh means we should be grateful they haven't split. Or died... Your batting average ain't too good is it? :lol: :lol: :innocent:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
RobF
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

5 Tunes: Driven Like The Snow, I was wrong, Nine-while-Nine, Lights, and Under the Gun.

Album: Floodland

Line-up. Live Mr E/Dok/Pearson/Starling. Recorded Mr E+Microchip helpers. That said I'd give a bollock to see a Von/Marx/Adams/Gunn gig. Not sure why nostalgia fiends always pick 84/85 instead of the vastly more fun 82/83.

Gigs: Er, 40-summat

Best: Birmingham 93, Fenton 96, Brixton 97 (Both ace, various reasons) Hildesheim 2000, Glasgow, York and Leeds 2001, Bonn 2003.

Worst: Erm: Performance wise NY 06, Thessaloniki 06 and Beirut were lacklustre, but all fun for the travel and mates.

Best Shirt: Distance over Time tour shirt.

Meetings: Some, memorably discovered in a Brixton gutter by a slightly concerned looking Robbo before being rigorously interviewed about my favourite Motorhead albums by a rather 'enervated' giggling chap in sunglasses. I remember wishing I wasn't quite so 'enervated' myself at the time. Since then random post-gigs and less silly with increasing age/sobriety.

No useful connections.
"...by the time I get to Arizona..."
sultan2075
Overbomber

Quiff Boy wrote:
14. Blimey. What was I listening to at 14. Something dreadful I'm sure... Fair play to you :lol: :notworthy:
Social Distortion and the Misfits for me ;)
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
numan
Road Kill

Your Age: 3?
Top 5 Sisters songs: Never Land, Bury Me Deep, Colours, Romeo Down, Summer
Favourite Album: F&L&A
How many times seen The band: 2 times
Favourite Line-Up: the line up of the future, - just Aldritch & Dr. Avalanche :)
Favourite Gig: Moscow 2006
Worst Gig: Moscow 2009
Best T-Shirt: probably self made (my first one)
Meetings & Connections: never
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

sultan2075 wrote: Favourite Sisters Line-Up: It's a tie between Pearson/Starling and Pearson/Catalyst. That being said, I am growing more and more fond of Ben's playing as time goes on.
Favourite Gig: The first of a two night residency in San Francisco in the late 90's. I couldn't even tell you the year. I can tell you that nothing I've ever experienced has topped it.
This?
Even some dedicated Texans are mentioned in the first review :wink:

Line-Up was, not surprisingly if it was that good, Pearson-Varjak.
nightmusic
Road Kill

Your Age : 36
Top 5 Sisters songs ever : Lucretia, This Corrosion, Giving Ground, Ribbons (live), Walk Away
Favourite Album : Floodland (owned at least 6 copies since first one in 1989...)
How many times approx. have you seen The Sisters : Sadly just the once...
Favourite Sisters Line-Up : Eldritch, Morrison, Avalanche
Favourite Gig : Norwich 2006 (!)
Worst Gig : N-A
Best Tee-Shirt : Overbombing 1993 (despite not making the gig!)
sultan2075
Overbomber

euphoria wrote:
sultan2075 wrote: Favourite Sisters Line-Up: It's a tie between Pearson/Starling and Pearson/Catalyst. That being said, I am growing more and more fond of Ben's playing as time goes on.
This?
Even some dedicated Texans are mentioned in the first review :wink:

Line-Up was, not surprisingly if it was that good, Pearson-Varjak.
Yep.
--
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

• Your Age ; 40
    Top 5 Sisters songs ever ; Adrenachrome, Floorshow, SKOS, On The Wire, Ribbons
    Favourite Album ; FALAA
    How many times approx. have you seen The Sisters ; 7
    Favourite Sisters Line-Up ; 2010
    Favourite Gig ; 1990 Wembley Arena
    Worst Gig ; 2000 Barrowland
    Best Tee-Shirt ; Peoples Republic of West Yorkshire
Mr Catalyst having bumped into him at other gigs and seeing his own band a few times is indeed a top bloke.
He gave me a backstage pass to the Spa gig but I'm contractually not allowed to discuss the sexdrugzdwarf antics of the band.
That last bit is untrue.
Nurse has fallen out with me, I'm thinking of having it made into a T-Shirt. :innocent:
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
Norman Hunter
Slight Overbomber

Your Age; 37
Top 5 Sisters songs ever ; Marian, Ribbons, First And Last And Always, Burn, Temple Of love.
Favourite Album; FALAA
How many times approx. have you seen The Sisters; 18.
Favourite Sisters Line-Up; 1984/85
Favourite Gig; The Fenton, 1996.
Worst Gig; 2000(?) Nottingham
Best Tee-Shirt; Temple Of Love
Four strings good, six strings bad
Debaser
Overbomber

Quiff Boy wrote:
But you have seen the sisters, which tbh means we should be grateful they haven't split. Or died... Your batting average ain't too good is it? :lol: :lol: :innocent:
Tis true, I'm hoping the curse of Vanessa has now lifted.
James Blast
Banned

You're bad, you're nationwide!

you are soooo old you'll probably geddit! :lol: :lol: :lol:
~ Peter Steele
Debaser
Overbomber

Da da da da da da da da da de daaaaaaa

http://il.youtube.com/watch?v=VLfUA3zxU ... re=related
James Blast
Banned

and you didn't let me down :lol: :lol: :lol: :notworthy:
~ Peter Steele
flakk13
Amphetamine Filth

Songs: Alice, Fix, Temple, First and Last and Always, Ribbons
Album: First and Last and Always
Line-up: Eldritch, Adams, Marx, Hussey
Gigs: 6
Best gig: Stockholm 1991
Worst gig: Stockholm 2009
T-shirt: Sisters '85