What pisses YOU off in life? (the beetroot poll)

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.

Is beetroot edible?

No. Period.
13%
Yes! It can be made into delicious summer soups, for example.
55%
Depends. If I had to choose between that and starvation, I might put up with it.
23%
Whatever a certain beloved Ãœbermensch Artist beyond good and evil says, I'll agree
10%

Total votes: 31
Purple Light
Slight Overbomber

timsinister wrote:
Purple Light wrote:
5) Ben Christo's solos. :wink:
No you bloody don't.
Haha. I'm working on my Christo pinch harmonics as I type. :wink:
“I got lost in the mirror, wondering what could have been, I couldn’t help but kill her, but I couldn’t kill the dream.”
Big Si
School Bully

Erudite wrote:Potted hoch - you think some unsavoury shit goes into haggis?
Boiled, shredded meat from the shin fixed in jelly.
Now I'll have some of that! :twisted: ;D
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
damagedone
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

1.tight deadlines.
2.heat.
3.modern music especially whining guys and vocoder vocals.
4.fast heartbeat.
5.sleeplessness.
6.coca cola.
7.taxes.
8.hypocrites.
9.overcrowded places.
sam1

Sita wrote:ohh, a Chef!!! :D :notworthy:

And food wise? Is there anything your restaurant does differently or better than others, because they don't know what's good? And vice versa are there things everybody else does, but you don't, because you know it's wrong?

]
I don't understand the question------all I know is that it would be a great trade if it were not for the customer and I'm a grumpy bastard..and I'm on breakfast shift tomorrow cos my breakfast chef is at T in the Park....while we are on the subject--Breakfast menus p*ss me off--everyone seems to think just cos they don't want black pudding on the plate ,they are allowed to pick something else,or they don't like mushrooms ,so can they have an extra sausage,..the cries of: I don't like roast tomato so could I get an extra poached egg echo through the kitchen and eventually I just break...no more....no more...N O M O R E

contrary to all of this I really still enjoy it....toast anyone??
sam1

I've just reread my last two posts in this thread---I could write a book on this subject!!!!!!! :lol:
Being645
Wiki Wizard

sam1 wrote: contrary to all of this I really still enjoy it....toast anyone??
yeah please, with baked beans ... ;D ... and after that one with those great lovely mushrooms ... ;D ;D ;D ...

Cooking books usually sell quite well ... you might clearly give it a try ... :lol:
sam1

I owe you big style Sabine after my no show on Wednesday night--toast,beans and mushrooms it is :D
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Oh, they had some very lovely mushrooms for breakfast in the hotel ... I love mushrooms, all sorts ... ;D ...only hearing of them does already please me ... :lol: ...

You don't owe me anything ... after all, the timing was as perfect as could be ... :notworthy: :D ...
James Blast
Banned

my mushys with extra virgin and blue cheese have brought grown men to their knees in adoration, a flava flav taste explosion even CHEF! there couldnae match

this means war, ah ken ;D
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Being645
Wiki Wizard

;D :lol: ... sounds really not bad ...

unfortunately, I'm almost completely incapable of cooking ... :twisted: :lol:
Erudite
Slight Overbomber

Big Si wrote:
Erudite wrote:Potted hoch - you think some unsavoury shit goes into haggis?
Boiled, shredded meat from the shin fixed in jelly.
Now I'll have some of that! :twisted: ;D
You're more than welcome to buy up every last pot of the foetid stuff!
You are what you drink - I'm a bitter man!
Debaser
Overbomber

So where was I?

1) People who have all week during the day to go shopping yet choose to go when I want to. This also apllies to the same people who choose to make dental/doctor's appointments after 5 o'clock making it nigh on impossible for me to make one at a time I can attend.

2) Frogs, ants and wasps - there's just no need. They don't bring anything to the table so why hasn't evolution dealt with them as yet?

3) Gig attendee's who seem to wait until they spot me before placing themselves directly in front of me, namely a) farty man, b) ridiculously tall man c) snoggy couple and there's a new one d) obnoxious drunken bird. I do wonder however, if the latter has come to the fore since I stopped drinking to excess :lol:

4) Parcel tape - well excess parcel tape. Why do people think that the more of the stuff they use will mean I'm more likely to say 'super packaging' on their Ebay feedback. It is NOT super, certainly not when you can't find a blade, sharp instrument or scissors

5) Remote controls, especially the one you really need but can't locate.

6) Not being able to see what thread I'm replying to meaning I might just have got the wrong jist of it....am I supposed to be denegrading food stuffs? If so,

1) Celery, nasty yakkity. Anthing that takes more energy to consume than it gives is wrong. As are people who sneak it in stews.

on a similar note,

2) Baked Beans in Shepherd's Pies wrong on so many levels (as is adding cheese to the top)

3) More about Baked Beans - it has to be Beans BESIDE Toast, not on it.

4) Sweetcorn. I can about cope with fresh stuff with oodles of butter but after about two chews I've had enough.

5) Creamy/wine related sauces. If I require them, I want them in a jug so I can dictate how much. Besides what I want to taste is the stuff you're trying to hide under it all.

Tra la lah
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else
Debaser
Overbomber

Oh yes - thunderflies. What purpose do they fulfill? I'm sure they don't pollinate anything

Stinging nettles. What is it about them that means they have developed this nasty trick? I mean, there's nothing about them that warrants me wanting to steal it from them. I could understand if apple or plum trees stung you, they have delightful little gifts that taste gorgous but nettles? A waste of time.
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

Everything
Any more of that and we'll be round your front door with the quick-setting whitewash and the shaved monkey.
Bluebell
Road Kill

SteBacchus wrote:What pisses me off? ....those so call American sitcoms, there's more 'canned laughter' than there is dialogue

E.G.

"Hi", (5mins of canned laughter)
"Oh, Hi" (5mins of canned laughter)
"How are you?" (5mins of canned laughter)
"Fine" (5mins of canned laughter)
etc, etc, etc :urff:

You get my point
I so agree.. :urff:
DeWinter

1: Letting agents. Yes, after forking out a months rent in advance, a months rent worth of cash as a deposit and over £60 for a security check, what I really want to do is fork out a further £400 for your s**t fees.

2: The Guardian. Gets the edge on the Mail just because I find it's holier than thou readers and columnists more annoying than the righteous fury of the Mail's. Also find a paper that blasts tax evasion yet only remains in circulation through a Cayman tax-dodge rather hypocritical.

3: Concrete urbanisation. There are more houses than households in the UK, we don't need more of our green space turned grey for more fugly Barratt homes, thanks.

4: Tribal voters. Best exemplified by my previous town of Sc*nthorpe, which voted Labour even after the previous MP, Elliot Morley was sent down for major expenses fiddling. The town had a Labour MP under a Labour government for nearly fifteen years and was still such a sh*thole the MP in question moved to a pleasant village five miles away.

5:The Simpsons. Has not been funny for well over ten years (the final straw for me was the clips show featuring every musical number), and the less said about that awful movie the better. Why is it still going?

6:Teenagers with hair combed straight from the back of their head to fall over their eyes. When I was a teen that hairstyle was the domain of bald men in denial. And the way they either brush it out of their eyes or do this metrosexual L'Oreal flick of the head for the same purpose every five minutes.
"Vengeance. Justice. Fire and blood.."
Debaser
Overbomber

Debaser wrote:
Stinging nettles. What is it about them that means they have developed this nasty trick? I mean, there's nothing about them that warrants me wanting to steal it from them. I could understand if apple or plum trees stung you, they have delightful little gifts that taste gorgous but nettles? A waste of time.
Now, I've been giving this some thought whilst I've been communing with nature during break times and lunch times. Butterflies like the flowers on nettles but to me that's still not a good enough reason for their existence (butterflies have lots of other flowers they could suck off :eek: ) And then I noticed that the nettles are surrounding the blackberry bushes which at some time in the future will be providing me with goodies. Then and only THEN, does the nettle need to come into action. But once again, blackberries have that angle covered with hooking gert thorns.

Are they the hired muscle for less protected plants? And if so, that's another reason for loathing them. Still can't come up with a valid excuse for their being.
Pista
Cureboi

- Beetroot. Work of the devil I tell you.

- Regionalising DVDs. WTF is the point? If I want to pick up (& pay for) a DVD in the USA then I would expect to be able t play it wherever I bl00dy want.

- Shop staff who attach themselves like magnets when I really just want to look around. Personal space people! Fudge off & leave me alone.

- People who walk in front of me when I am playing darts. Unless you have protective clothing on then I suggest don't. Another thing. Sitting at the table directly under the dart board is also not a smart move.

- The fact Apple pretended BluRay wasn't happening. Do you have any idea how hard it is to find decent authouring software & burner you b@stards?

- Blue tooth on Blackberry. Look RIM. Has it got blue tooth or not? I mean, I can see the device, but why the fcuk can't I send a file 10cm?

- The Matrix sequels. So bad, they ruined the original fillum for me

- Wasps. See Ness' comment about thunderflies

- Ray Mears. How does that boring cnut get so fat on berries & nuts? Tosser!
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Sita

Debaser wrote:Still can't come up with a valid excuse for their being.
My grandma says their tea is a natural remedy. So once when from too much computering my hand hurt, and I had a sentimental "grandmas are best" moment, I plucked some of the stuff, boiled and drank it. Boy, did it taste $h!t. Did it work? Don't know... didn't repeat the experiment, next time, I bought Diclofenac gel.

Edit:
Pista! <3 <3 <3 :kiss: Where, oh where, have everyone's taste buds gone?
Last edited by Sita on 16 Jul 2011, 21:26, edited 2 times in total.
James Blast
Banned

Pista wrote: Ray Mears. How does that boring cnut get so fat on berries & nuts? Tosser!
Ray is Jesus, ootside noo Cureboi! :evil:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Sita wrote:
Debaser wrote:Still can't come up with a valid excuse for their being.
My grandma says their tea is a natural remedy. So once when from too much computering my hand hurt, and I had a sentimental "grandmas are best" moment, I plucked some of the stuff, boiled and drank it. Boy, did it taste $h!t. Did it work? Don't know... didn't repeat the experiment, next time, I bought Diclofenac gel.
:lol: ... obviously your grandma didn't exactly tell you what it's good for and HOW to use it ...
it's surely not a painkiller ... but it does have detoxifying effects and clears the blood and the tissue ... :wink: ...
you might be surprised of its power to release substances from your tissue that settled there very long ago ... :twisted: :urff: :lol: ...
Sita

Being645 wrote: :lol: ... obviously your grandma didn't exactly tell you what it's good for and HOW to use it ...
it's surely not a painkiller ... but it does have detoxifying effects and clears the blood and the tissue ... :wink: ...
you might be surprised of its power to release substances from your tissue that settled there very long ago ... :twisted: :urff: :lol: ...
How long, and like what? :eek:
Grandma said it helped against inflammatory processes like rheumatism and arthritis, so I figured, sore computer hand = inflammation
_emma_
Overbomber

A nettle is a nettle. It exists because it exists. It doesn't need an excuse for being. Its existence has absolutely nothing to do with whether its useful for humans or not, nor whether it tastes good for humans or not, nor whether it grows around plants which are edible for humans or not. Nettle tea is apparently a good remedy for some human ailments, but even if it wasn't, even if it was poisonous for humans, it still wouldn't need an excuse for being. Even if it's a well known fact that geese like nettles, it's their favourite food, and so do wild geese - it still has nothing to do with the reason for nettles' existence. One thing I personally like about them is that they don't do any damage to the planet (unlike humans), and that they will probably keep on growing on ur hovels and dumps when we're gone.
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Sita wrote:
Being645 wrote: :lol: ... obviously your grandma didn't exactly tell you what it's good for and HOW to use it ...
How long, and like what? :eek:
Grandma said it helped against inflammatory processes like rheumatism and arthritis, so I figured, sore computer hand = inflammation
It removes deposits from your body which you might have eaten, drunk, swallowed or whatever decades ago ... :lol: ... if you drink it daily for some time.
As to inflammation, like with your hand, I'd also run to buy something with diclofenac ... it works very fast and does also kill the pain ...
James Blast
Banned

_emma_ wrote:One thing I personally like about them is that they don't do any damage to the planet (unlike humans)
who traverse the globe to see a tired out rockish outfit ;D
~ Peter Steele