Neph Vid early 2012

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
sultan2075
Overbomber

DeWinter wrote:I'll put my hand up and say I like "Elyzium" better than anything else done by Carl, Andy or Wayne. I think at the time of "Elyzium" we were being subjected to Von Bon Jovi and "Visionary When Wet/Slippery Thing"!
Maybe it's the brilliant production (which makes you wonder what "Mourning Sun" could have been with a decent producer) and "Sumerland" which proudly claims the DeWinter position of "Best Song Ever".
As for "Zoon"..just not my type of music, so I guess I'm not the best judge. Friends of mine who liked Pantera loved it, so they got my copy. Judging by the quite remarkable airy-fairy floatiness of Rubicon's first offering I suppose McCoy left the band because he wanted to do something "harder".
I had much the same reaction to Zoon initially. I thought it was too heavy metal, etc., etc. If you've not heard it since then, it might be worth giving it another chance, though. I find that it teeters right on the edge of death metal, but it retains a great deal of subtlety and refinement that prevents it from falling over the edge. It is heavier than classic FotN, but I think it's got all the subtlety of The Nephilim or Elyzium. In fact, I think it's almost like the flip-side of the Elyzium coin.

I don't think anything released under the FotN name after the break-up has been particularly noteworthy, though. Zoon, I think, lives up to their legacy.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
Silence is platinum
Slight Overbomber

The nephilim and elizium are great albums and they realy stand the test of time, but zoon, oh man that was a kick in the face,
only one good song (shine) and the rest a pile of crap.
Worst it brought all those metalheads and suddenly your favourite band was in the headlines of every metal magazine.
Still mourning sun was a damn fine album and includes the wonderful "she" which is one of the bands highlights.
A few years ago i sold most of the rare nephilim stuff on ebay, kept just those with a sentimental value, but know that i think of it i haven't played a neph boot in ages.
Couldn't care less about the new dvd but when a new album is released i ll definetely have my fingers crossed that he came up with some good tunes .