Chris Catalyst interview in sinzine.com

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

sultan2075 wrote: I just don't think he can be bothered. Which is fine; one cannot do all things that one might do, and the satisfaction of one potentiality necessarily involves the closing off of various others. The satisfactions of private life are greater than those found in the hedonistic rock and roll lifestyle, I'd imagine--especially as you age. That's certainly been my experience. And let's face it: unless your Lemmy or Keith Richards, it becomes rather pathetic after a certain age. I get the impression Von is too smart for that--so the weekend job approach to the band makes sense.
And this makes even more sense when you recruit two interesting young guys of a different generation who can provide youthful enthusiasm, willingly undertake some of the routine tour drudgery (including press), then happily beaver away on their own side projects whilst you fanny about at home with computers and play with the cats. It's a bit like those people you get at work who "wind down" (i.e. getting near full pay for part-time work) as a prelude to retirement.
Brad
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

A new album has always been a red herring.

The real shame is not playing any significant amount of new original material.
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

Brad wrote: The real shame is not playing any significant amount of new original material.
Exactly!

I don't have any problem (anymore) with no release of anything, I can really understand Andrew's motives for that and I realise it's more fun and easier and less stressful to earn your bucks touring. I would probably do the same if I were him.
But when they refuse to play the new material they obviously have written, like Far Parade, then I don't get it anymore. The cool thing with the (Pearson era) Sisters was that they actually not were a "self cover band", because they played enough new material. Today I'd say they are precisely what Andrew said they weren't back then, namely a nostalgia act. A good one, fine, but still a nostalgia act.
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

euphoria wrote:
Brad wrote: The real shame is not playing any significant amount of new original material.
Exactly!

I don't have any problem (anymore) with no release of anything, I can really understand Andrew's motives for that and I realise it's more fun and easier and less stressful to earn your bucks touring. I would probably do the same if I were him.
But when they refuse to play the new material they obviously have written, like Far Parade, then I don't get it anymore. The cool thing with the (Pearson era) Sisters was that they actually not were a "self cover band", because they played enough new material. Today I'd say they are precisely what Andrew said they weren't back then, namely a nostalgia act. A good one, fine, but still a nostalgia act.
Hear, hear! :notworthy:
Being645
Wiki wizard

I can't agree to that.
First of all they play all these songs they way they should be played in 2011/2 - not like in the 1990ies, and fortunately so ... :roll: ...
Secondly, there are new covers, plenty experiments on sound and arrangements, all of which clearly mark some major improvement.

And - one never knows what's to come ... :lol: ;D ;D ;D ...

Also Far Parade is somewhat overcome by now. Not much use to turn it into music anymore ... :wink: ...
Brad
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Reminds me of that Simpsons episode with Malibu Stacy.

"But she has a new hat!"
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

Being645 wrote:plenty experiments on sound
Too much bass, guitars turned up to 1, guitars turned up to 2, vocals filtered through an amp on the other side of town...
dinky daisy
Slight Overbomber

DeWinter wrote:
stufarq wrote:
copper wrote: Guess that answers a few questions.
Not really. It's just the same carefully rehearsed excuses designed to make them sound more important than they really are.
I seem to remember reading on The Sisters website Eldo being astonished that the band were no longer considered major label worthy anymore. Im at a bit of a loss as to why he imagines they would be, none of their contemporaries have managed that, even bands with more commercial success like Dead or Alive.
The good thing is that Eldo only changed haircut and sunglasses and songs.

Pete Burns of Dead or 'Alive':

guns & cars & accidents
Being645
Wiki wizard

stufarq wrote:
Being645 wrote:plenty experiments on sound
Too much bass, guitars turned up to 1, guitars turned up to 2, vocals filtered through an amp on the other side of town...
:lol: ... oh yes, sufarq, Everybody knows ... ... :lol:

*Thanks to Erik W. for digging up the link and thanks to eehbiertje for the upload ... :notworthy: ...
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

That appears to be footage of a bunch of people shouting. Possibly a protest or demonstration somewhere.
Any more of that and we'll be round your front door with the quick-setting whitewash and the shaved monkey.
lachert
Overbomber

torrented albums :lol: :lol: :lol:
hope he's not going kirk hammett's way :eek:
long live rock'n'roll
Bertran De Born
Amphetamine Filth

Waow... I thought I missed something in the discussion. But it seems not. We are discussing a potential new album, right?
zzzzzzz....