I can't find the CPOB thread so...

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

Glad to hear insurance sorted so quickly and sympathy on the event itself. Our neighbours went on their first holiday for years recently and were so excited they left the front door open (with the keys in it) when they set off. Luckily for them no-one had been in during the intervening hours until I noticed.
Such thefts are always opportunistic and certainly not personal so am glad that you are not taking it as such.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote:Such thefts are always opportunistic and certainly not personal so am glad that you are not taking it as such.
Exactly. Thanks.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

markfiend wrote:I have a meeting with someone from the car insurance on Monday. I expect that might be stressful, but hey ho.
I'm sure they'll just hand you the keys of a brand new Rolls right away :lol:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
DerekR
Doobie Brother

Our front door wont close properly unless it's locked.....sounds like a great security feature but it's simply fucked :lol:

Getting a new front door next month though, so hopefully we've got so used to locking the door at all times when we're home that we'll continue to do so without thinking about it.

Chin up Mark mate. You'd probably have scared the bejeezus out of them if you'd disturbed them (I mean that in the nicest possible way of course :lol: )
Debaser
Overbomber

Anyone else have this in mind on reading Mr Fiend's plight?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJ-GiVfD3wE

:innocent: :kiss: :kiss:
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

DerekR wrote:Chin up Mark mate. You'd probably have scared the bejeezus out of them if you'd disturbed them (I mean that in the nicest possible way of course :lol: )
:twisted: :lol:
Debaser wrote:Anyone else have this in mind on reading Mr Fiend's plight?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJ-GiVfD3wE

:innocent: :kiss: :kiss:
:lol: bugger off :P

Anyway, thanks (again) everyone, and it's getting sorted. like I said, it's only "stuff" and stuff can be replaced.

I still want my bloody car back like though :lol:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!

The Police have found my car, in one piece, not burnt out! The locks will need changing because the keys haven't turned up, but you can't win them all.
—Bertrand Russell
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

Obviously wasn't worth any money then.
Any more of that and we'll be round your front door with the quick-setting whitewash and the shaved monkey.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Cheeky! :lol: The insurance underwriter offered £6800 before the news that the car had been recovered came in. Still, I'd much rather the hassle of getting the locks changed than the hassle of buying a new car!
—Bertrand Russell
Being645
Wiki Wizard

markfiend wrote:O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!

The Police have found my car, in one piece, not burnt out! The locks will need changing because the keys haven't turned up, but you can't win them all.
Ha! Wonderful. Have you seen it already? Ashtray full, tank empty? ... :lol: ...
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

No I've not seen it yet.

It will need to be thoroughly cleaned anyway, the aluminium powder that they use to dust for fingerprints is really messy!
—Bertrand Russell
Silver_Owl
The Don

Only just seen all this. What a nightmare. It's the knowledge that some little bastard has been in your house that really gets you isn't it?
Happened to me a few years ago. Violated I guess is the best word to describe it. Glad all is getting sorted anyway mate. :)
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

i've just found that i'm loosing my job before july. cock!
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Bartek wrote:i've just found that i'm loosing my job before july. cock!
Bastard!
—Bertrand Russell
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

markfiend wrote:
Bartek wrote:i've just found that i'm loosing my job before july. cock!
Bastard!
I'll resist letting this descend into a "whoi can bypass the swear filter" competition and just say that's horrible. The charity (yes charity) I work for had a big cull a year or so back. Luckily I managed to avoid it but know that all of us who survived effectively had to step on the less fortunate to do so (because they made us all compete for our own jobs but had fewer of them.) I moved to this job many years ago when I was made redundant from my previous job because the work we did was no longer flavour of the month with the local council (look up "urban aid project" and then muse on how these 3-7 year grants set up facilities precisely so that they can be taken away when the next fad comes along). Not saying all this to make you all feel sorry for things that happened to me years ago, just to say I can empathise with Bartek. It's awful and not just because you no longer have a job or an income - although obviously that's bad enough on its own.
million voices
Slight Overbomber

Bartek - having gone through it and I know I'm stating the bleeding obvious here but losing your job is total s**t especially with the economy as it is.

The best of luck with the future
Well you must know something
'Cos we're dying of admiration here
Mastering obscure alternatives
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

thanks boys!
i was about to change that job - my salary was so low that would even dare to write it here. i presumed that may happen, since i knew that two other emloyees were about to back from maternity leaves in August and September, so i thought that i'll have time until September.
i am/was pissed because my boss had no balls to said that i'm going working only 'till July and did that by messenger - his dauther-in-law who 'works' there.
i am/was dubbel pissed because i made for him like 2,5-3 time more than he was gavinig me in salary, so doing quick math, to this point i made for him that kind of money that he will give me to the end of this year, if i were working there.

i believe that's going to be fine, after all i spent there whole year right after i grauated, and that plus my other expirience should give to some advantege, but it may affect on my plans for this year, if i don't find new job ther will be no cash for making driving license and starting legal training.
mh
Above the Chemist

Hom_Corleone wrote:It's the knowledge that some little bastard has been in your house that really gets you isn't it?
Happened to me a few years ago. Violated I guess is the best word to describe it.
Having Heartlanders stay over can be a nasty experience for sure. :urff:

Joke - glad it's all working out Mark. :notworthy:
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
BeeBeeOh
Amphetamine Filth

Oh, effing hell, I just saw an ad on facebook that THE m*****n are coming to Budapest in June. Why them???? Couldn't it be Von and the Girls instead???
I have just as much of a dark side as the next person.
Silver_Owl
The Don

mh wrote:
Having Heartlanders stay over can be a nasty experience for sure. :urff:

Joke - glad it's all working out Mark. :notworthy:
:lol: :lol:
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
DeWinter
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Bloody Jubilee bollocks.
An entire year of relentless propaganda from every outlet possible. Variations on the same theme ,"Windsors, woo-hoo!!" from the heir to the heir's wedding to an unemployable Sloane, to sixty years of a woman doing some light charity work and waving in exchange for multiple houses and a fecking enormous fortune.
The next time anyone mentions "scroungers" not deserving their £67 a week, I'm going to anally insert a 400g bar of "Jubilee" Dairy Milk up them.
"Vengeance. Justice. Fire and blood.."
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

DeWinter wrote:Bloody Jubilee bollocks.
An entire year of relentless propaganda from every outlet possible. Variations on the same theme ,"Windsors, woo-hoo!!" from the heir to the heir's wedding to an unemployable Sloane, to sixty years of a woman doing some light charity work and waving in exchange for multiple houses and a fecking enormous fortune.
The next time anyone mentions "scroungers" not deserving their £67 a week, I'm going to anally insert a 400g bar of "Jubilee" Dairy Milk up them.
:notworthy: :lol: :notworthy: :lol: :notworthy: :lol: :notworthy:

Don't hold back, tell us what you really think.
—Bertrand Russell
sultan2075
Overbomber

Just read the whole thread. Sorry to hear it, Mark. I was robbed once, too. Except in our case they just kicked down the door to our townhouse in broad daylight (my college roommate and I were both at work). The best part? The cops accused us of doing it ourselves.

I'm currently trying not to be pissed off at my academic "superiors."
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
sziamiau
Slight Overbomber

so getting married next week right? last week at work but everything seem to come up now. I mean serioulsy no matter how much I prepare in advance it does not matter...streesiemacska here. the good thing is thTBfriday afternoon I will park in front of the couch wathing football and then three weeks off