I am waging war

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

million voices wrote:sturfaq - the tv was already on they just noticed the advert whilst passing. It was a summer's day the window was open.
Precisely which advert persuaded them not to go on the offensive? The one that never seems to be off our screens is Go Compare and that's enough to drive anyone to a murderous rampage.
million voices
Slight Overbomber

No The opera singer from Go Compare should definitely be fed to the giant ants. I

Can't you complain to to the Advertising Standards Authority - "Protest and Survive"

It is The Protect And Survive ads from the 70s that been so beneficial in countering giant ant plague. But then the 70s is a jolly good decade.

But on the subject of the Go Compare Advert - who is the woman with the bazooka (not as a euphemism for tits but as in panzerfaust) who takes her ski mask off. Am I meant to know her?
Well you must know something
'Cos we're dying of admiration here
Mastering obscure alternatives
Debaser
Overbomber

million voices wrote:No The opera singer from Go Compare should definitely be fed to the giant ants. I

Can't you complain to to the Advertising Standards Authority - "Protest and Survive"

It is The Protect And Survive ads from the 70s that been so beneficial in countering giant ant plague. But then the 70s is a jolly good decade.

But on the subject of the Go Compare Advert - who is the woman with the bazooka (not as a euphemism for tits but as in panzerfaust) who takes her ski mask off. Am I meant to know her?

Sue Barker - but I can't see the link between the two, not that there has to be.
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

Debaser wrote:
million voices wrote:No The opera singer from Go Compare should definitely be fed to the giant ants. I

Sue Barker - but I can't see the link between the two, not that there has to be.
Maybe it's significant that the ad appeared during Wimbledon.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

My prediction: it'll be a teaser for a new campaign featuring La Barker.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

Ah, she's taken out the annoying tenor so that she can have his job. She'll probably get a peerage for services to the country.
Any more of that and we'll be round your front door with the quick-setting whitewash and the shaved monkey.
Debaser
Overbomber

I have a new enemy! Whatever creatures are eating my raspberries MUST DIE - but hopefully not from poisoned raspberry fruits :urff:
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

Debaser wrote:I have a new enemy! Whatever creatures are eating my raspberries MUST DIE - but hopefully not from poisoned raspberry fruits :urff:
You're just an ecological disaster area you are. "Those unspeakably rare birds are too noisy - where's me gun? Those bees that pollenate the plants and enable us all to survive are the wrong colour - nuke 'em! Those butterflies serve no purpose - break out the DDT, agent orange and those last remaining stocks of smallpox for good measure."
Debaser
Overbomber

stufarq wrote: You're just an ecological disaster area you are. "Those unspeakably rare birds are too noisy - where's me gun? Those bees that pollenate the plants and enable us all to survive are the wrong colour - nuke 'em! Those butterflies serve no purpose - break out the DDT, agent orange and those last remaining stocks of smallpox for good measure."
I loves butterflies - they do no wrong, just flutter around looking real pretty - which is purpose enough for me.

I'm just like any honest human being - there are things I simply don't like or agree with - frogs, birds and ants being quite high on the list as are celery and beetroot.

;D

oh, and chicory (I was forced to drink Camp coffee during my formative years ) :urff:
Big Si
School Bully

What!?!?! Beetroot again!

Madame how dare you!

"Beetroot lovers are better lovers!"

Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
Being645
Above the Chemist

Big Si wrote:What!?!?! Beetroot again!

Madame how dare you!

"Beetroot lovers are better lovers!"

... :lol: ... wonderful. I'm still dreaming of finding a recipe for lachert's delicious beetroot soup ... yummy ... ;D ;D ;D ...
sam1
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Being645 wrote: ... :lol: ... wonderful. I'm still dreaming of finding a recipe for lachert's delicious beetroot soup ... yummy ... ;D ;D ;D ...
http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/borscht_93579
Debaser
Overbomber

Big Si wrote:What!?!?! Beetroot again!
*SHUDDER*

You are a mean boy

:urff:

About 10 years ago, I decided I was grown-up enough to get over my fear and loathing of the purple root vegetable. I had about 3 slices of said vegetable. About an hour later, it decided to make its upward return. And besides, anything that turns yer water an unusual colour is just wrong - plain and simple. :urff:
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

Debaser wrote:[there are things I simply don't like or agree with - frogs, birds and ants being quite high on the list as are celery and beetroot.
You don't agree with frogs? Philosophically? Morally? Or is it just a difference of opinion?
Being645
Above the Chemist

sam1 wrote:
Being645 wrote: ... :lol: ... wonderful. I'm still dreaming of finding a recipe for lachert's delicious beetroot soup ... yummy ... ;D ;D ;D ...
http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/borscht_93579
Haha, thank you , that looks easy enough even for me ... :D ...

I willl definitely give it a try, with or without vodka (or, uhm ... hard-boiled eggs) ... :lol: ...
Debaser
Overbomber

stufarq wrote: You don't agree with frogs? Philosophically? Morally? Or is it just a difference of opinion?
All of the above
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

Perhaps we should get you, the frogs and the ants sitting around a table to try and resolve matters. I know a hedgehog who can arbitrate.
Any more of that and we'll be round your front door with the quick-setting whitewash and the shaved monkey.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I have discovered that while the slugs have eaten most of the leaves from my potato plants, the potatoes themselves are untouched.

And delicious. 8)
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

Slugs won't eat potatoes unless they're dauphinoise. They're fussy that way. No salt though.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Slugs dauphinoise? :lol:
—Bertrand Russell
sam1
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

http://chowhound.chow.com/topics/635144

before anyone asks...I don't know what they taste like..
Debaser
Overbomber

stufarq wrote:Perhaps we should get you, the frogs and the ants sitting around a table to try and resolve matters. I
This lady's not for turning. ;D
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

Debaser wrote:
stufarq wrote:Perhaps we should get you, the frogs and the ants sitting around a table to try and resolve matters. I
This lady's not for turning. ;D
You should think about it before things descend into armed (well, legged - or pseudopoded in the slugs' case) conflict. With the ants on their side they vastly outnumber you and they may have chemical weapons. Your regime could easily fall and then it's only a matter of time before there's a photo of you on the front page lying prone with slime all over your face...no, hang on, that was the Peter Gabriel video...