The March Violets...

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
H. Blackrose
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

I am going to make a wild guess, considering that "Radiant Boys" is first on _Play Loud Play Purple_ (the complete singles): that it might have been released as a "video-only" promo clip before they did their Merciful Release singles.

Should I ask the actual band? I follow Rosie on Twitter, perhaps even you could get a response from Si on Facebook
"We're Hawkwind and this is a song about love."
H. Blackrose

Welp, straight from the horse's mouth on Facebook! Rosie and Tom confirm that "Radiant Boys" was recorded at the same time as the tracks on the first Merciful Release single, but not included on the single "because we were bonkers" (Tom), and not released until the _Natural History_ compilation.
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

H. Blackrose wrote: 13 Jul 2024, 22:41 Welp, straight from the horse's mouth on Facebook! Rosie and Tom confirm that "Radiant Boys" was recorded at the same time as the tracks on the first Merciful Release single, but not included on the single "because we were bonkers" (Tom), and not released until the _Natural History_ compilation.
nice to know. :notworthy:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Pista
Cureboi

Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
H. Blackrose

Honestly, am I the only one not impressed by the new stuff? Mainly because Rosie, although she rules, seems now to be sole lead vocalist, the bass player only taking vox on the oldies. The whole point of the MVs for me was the dual lead vox (except for the rather embarrassing John Hughes movie era)
Pista
Cureboi

H. Blackrose wrote: 16 Jul 2024, 03:07 Honestly, am I the only one not impressed by the new stuff? Mainly because Rosie, although she rules, seems now to be sole lead vocalist, the bass player only taking vox on the oldies. The whole point of the MVs for me was the dual lead vox (except for the rather embarrassing John Hughes movie era)
Bar the single, I've not heard any of the new material yet.
But, if the single is an indication of the rest of the album, I'll be quite happy.
Made Glorious was a bit messy in places.
But hey! We like what we like I suppose :)
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Being645
Wiki Wizard

You can listen to the whole thing here ...

https://marchvioletsband.bandcamp.com/a ... e-promises
Pista
Cureboi

You can only listen to the single at the moment.
The rest should go live on the 19th
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Pista
Cureboi

The album's actually seriously good
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Depprocksfarfar
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Pista wrote: 19 Jul 2024, 09:03 The album's actually seriously good
Agreed! Didn't expect it to be THAT good! :eek:
sultan2075
Overbomber

Depprocksfarfar wrote: 19 Jul 2024, 10:42
Pista wrote: 19 Jul 2024, 09:03 The album's actually seriously good
Agreed! Didn't expect it to be THAT good! :eek:
I’m excited - i preordered it but haven’t had the chance to listen yet.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
Phantasmagoria
Road Kill

Absolutely love the new album. You've got to hand it to The March Violets - their releases might only come around once in a blue moon these days, but they always hit the mark. I thought Made Glorious was fantastic as well. Looking forward to seeing them in Bristol on Friday.
Electrochrome

Agree with the very positive reviews of the album. Thought it "should" be good, but was bummed about the absence of Si. But they pulled it off, the album is highly recommended.

Anyone seen them on the current tour? I've got a ticket for their Tampa show this Friday, am psyched. They played NYC back in 2015 and it's one of only a few shows I really regret missing.
"Consistency is the sign of a decaying brain"
Electrochrome

Saw them in Tampa Friday night, the start of their US tour. Made my year! Sounds was great, place was basically like a roadhouse. Setlist was an excellent mix of old and new, wish it were a little longer but there were two other bands that night.

After the show, folks were leaving but the band came out to mingle with whoever stuck around. Spoke to Rosie, thanked her so much for coming to a smaller market like this. She is absolutely stunning in person (and I told her), and was so very kind and gracious. I said it meant a lot to see them live as I missed them in NYC in 2015 and just figured that was it, no chance to see them again. Tom was very cool as well, spoke a little while and they both autographed Made Glorious for me (finally got it on CD). Maybe one too many 9% beers made the morning a little rough, but just a great night. I HIGHLY recommend folks in the USA check them out.
"Consistency is the sign of a decaying brain"