Neil Armstrong

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
EvilBastard
Overbomber

SINsister wrote:Been there, done that, thankfully don't have the pictorial evidence.
Now you see, I think you're missing out there - I fully intend to request a copy of the tape (and it had better be in HD with 7.1 surround sound) - I mean, the comedy potential is huge! A little editing and there'll be little tribes of moomins setting up house in my colon, velociraptors soaring through the cavernous wastes, and as the voyage progresses my boss's face will loom out of the darkness - then I can talk to some work chums and have it projected on our outdoor video tower in Times Square. Flippin' ace!! 8)
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
GC
Slight Overbomber

EvilBastard wrote:
SINsister wrote:Been there, done that, thankfully don't have the pictorial evidence.
Now you see, I think you're missing out there - I fully intend to request a copy of the tape (and it had better be in HD with 7.1 surround sound) - I mean, the comedy potential is huge! A little editing and there'll be little tribes of moomins setting up house in my colon, velociraptors soaring through the cavernous wastes, and as the voyage progresses my boss's face will loom out of the darkness - then I can talk to some work chums and have it projected on our outdoor video tower in Times Square. Flippin' ace!! 8)
My innocent schoolboy humour comment has just taken a turn into hell.
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

SINsister wrote:
EvilBastard wrote: My medical chap told me that in a few years they'll be shoving a camera up it and all.
Been there, done that, thankfully don't have the pictorial evidence. Yeah, TMI, but tough shit, innit.
Is that why the camera was up there in the first place?
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

SINsister wrote:
stufarq wrote:Overpopulation is already one of our biggest problems and it's getting exponentially worse. One of the best arguments (I think) for continued space exploration is that we need to colonise. How badly (or goodly) we take care of the planet(s) is a valid question but doesn't remove the need for expansion.
Definitely not the answer or the most logical approach to the (grave) problem, imho.
It's certainly logical: not enough room => go and find more room. And it's a lot more ethical than population control. Sure it's a long way off being practical yet but that's what research is for. Do you have an alternative solution?
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

meanwhile, closer to home, the yanks have a cunning idea to reduce the population - i give you the waverider :?

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2012/08/1 ... 8X20120816
Goths have feelings too
Pista
Cureboi

Tenuous maybe, but on the theme of exploration has anyone seen this?

http://www.panoramas.dk/mars/curiosity- ... r-360.html
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Pretty awesome.

Incidentally the patterns on Curiosity's wheels spell out JPL (Jet Propulsion Laboratory, where it was built) in Morse code.

.---
.--.
.-..
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Silver_Owl
The Don

Pista wrote:Tenuous maybe, but on the theme of exploration has anyone seen this?

http://www.panoramas.dk/mars/curiosity- ... r-360.html
Very awesome. :P
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
spot778
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

markfiend wrote:Pretty awesome.

Incidentally the patterns on Curiosity's wheels spell out JPL (Jet Propulsion Laboratory, where it was built) in Morse code.

.---
.--.
.-..
Oh that's clever :notworthy:
End of line.
EvilBastard
Overbomber

spot778 wrote:
markfiend wrote:Pretty awesome.

.---
.--.
.-..
Oh that's clever :notworthy:
Even cleverer, if you look really carefully at the nearest mountain (best on a big monitor) you can still see a fold-up chair with "Paul Verhoeven" written on the back of it.
Hank Moody
EvilBastard
Overbomber

paint it black wrote:meanwhile, closer to home, the yanks have a cunning idea to reduce the population - i give you the waverider :?

"It is unfortunate that a problem with this subsystem caused a termination."
Got to love MilSpeak. Do you think they use the same sort of language at home?
"Honey, there has been a catastrophic termination of the helically-ridged fastener subsystem of the sub-shelf right-angular support apparatus resulting in a precipation of mono-secured cellulose-based material all over the living room floor."
Hank Moody
nowayjose
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

EvilBastard wrote: Got to love MilSpeak. Do you think they use the same sort of language at home?
They probably do... if they address their wife as "Colonel".
Pista
Cureboi

EvilBastard wrote:
paint it black wrote:meanwhile, closer to home, the yanks have a cunning idea to reduce the population - i give you the waverider :?

"It is unfortunate that a problem with this subsystem caused a termination."
Got to love MilSpeak. Do you think they use the same sort of language at home?
"Honey, there has been a catastrophic termination of the helically-ridged fastener subsystem of the sub-shelf right-angular support apparatus resulting in a precipation of mono-secured cellulose-based material all over the living room floor."
:lol: :lol:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity