The Second Coming...

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Hunslet Ramone
Amphetamine Filth

That's better price emily.

Still be nice if Kate had done a tour , say taking in Manchester, Sheffield,Glasgow, etc.
Still would be expensive travelling and staying in London.
I go to gigs, and if there is any money left, I eat
abridged
Slight Overbomber

Anybody go? By all accounts it was amazing, particularly the Ninth Wave. I have to wait til the last night. Maybe :von: will show up. He;s a big fan of The Hounds of Love, especially the production values if I remember rightly. :wink:
The Chancer Corporation
Big Si
School Bully

Here's Erudites review from the show on Sunday night (yes SUNDAY night :wink:)

Before The Dawn Review:

Having been fortunate enough to witness Kate Bush’s return to the stage, I thought I should share my impressions. If you have tickets for the remaining dates and don’t wish to know what happens stop reading NOW.

Accompanied by five backing singers and seven musicians, Kate opened with Lilly, probably my favourite song from the Red Shoes album, although this version owed more to the recent reworking of the Director’s Cut. This was followed by Hounds Of Love, which I initially took for a bold move having been deployed so early in the set. However, this is Kate Bush and notions of a conventional setlist were quickly disabused. Her voice might have be a little deeper but it remains powerful and emotive, the first couple of songs punching straight to the gut.
During the opening six song salvo, which was performed as a conventional rock show, I had the impression that Kate wasn’t entirely comfortable, but a certain amount of nerves were only to be expected. That said, by the time Running Up That Hill concluded and the curtain dropped for the first of the evening’s set changes while yellow confetti rained down on the front stalls it was clear the show was going to be very special indeed.
A performance of the Nine Wave followed, not as music but as a fully realised stage show, which veered crazily from humour to tragedy in the course of its cycle, employing filmed sequences and traditional stagecraft. Kate appeared far more relaxed once she was in character, inhabiting the stage and songs in their entirety. When the curtain dropped at its conclusion for the intermission the audience rose for the first of the evening’s standing ovations.
The second set, based on a Sky Of Honey (disc two of 2005’s comeback album Ariel) proved less dramatic but no less engaging, the musicians translating the layered recording skilfully into the live environment, while back projection, mime and a puppeteer provided a visual exploration of the music.
A two song encore followed the conclusion of the second act, a solo piano performance of Among Angels from recent album 50 Words for Snow, followed by the return of the band for Cloudbusting, the opening drumming sounding like thunder from the gods.
I am neither the first to say it, and I certainly won’t be the last, but this was a “gig� like nothing else I have ever seen. The attention to detail, set design, dedication of all those involved, both onstage and off, make this a rare spectacular in the current age. It is, of course, completely untourable, the logistics of moving and setting up the staging being prohibitively expensive, but if you’re prepared to go to the mountain you’ll find your journey well rewarded.
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
Pista
Cureboi

I see the first 2 nights are on dime & they sound brilliant
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
czuczu
Overbomber

Went last night, definitely worth all the fuss. There was an unplanned interval before 9th wave cos of some tech probs with the big stage turnaround but show restarted ok as if it hadnt happened. 9th wave was off-the-scale loopy - a proper large scale production not just the original album thing with a few props. Some of the set changes for single songs are outrageously over the top.
Sky of honey is bit more restrained and builds slowly rather than being in your face straight away.

Band were tight and clearly enjoying all of it but more importantly her hair is amazing 8)

(and we were front row, which was nice)
Pista
Cureboi

czuczu wrote: but more importantly her hair is amazing 8)
:lol:

So jealous. I have listened to the recording from Dime & the music sounds amazing.
Glad you had a chance to experience it first hand :D
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
radiojamaica
Overbomber

I got a rather similar review from Zeno. He witnessed the show last Saturday with our other compadre Andrew S.
in dub we trust
abridged
Slight Overbomber

Just back from the Kate Bush gig. Possibly the best concert by anyone ever, not to overstate it, certainly the best I've ever seen. Funny I could've imagined Floodland being suitable for the same kind of theatrical treatment also being something of a concept album. Anyhoo for those who weren't there buy the dvd when it comes out and you'll see what I mean.
The Chancer Corporation
Hunslet Ramone
Amphetamine Filth

abridged my mate said the same as you, now my mate goes to more gigs than anyone i know or any person that I have heard of, as in going constantly to gigs,night after night, so for him to say that to me , actually shocked me, as in how the best gig he has seen.

I know that I posted earlier complaining about Kate touring but Big Si nailed it by saying this particular event/gig cannot be moved. Now i know why it cannot be a tour.
I go to gigs, and if there is any money left, I eat
czuczu
Overbomber

Huge image
(edited by markfiend)