When Have You First Heard Of The Sisters Of Mercy?

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
pikkrong
Overbomber

whitesatin wrote:
pikkrong wrote:
whitesatin wrote: but me lived in a non-goth and who-the-hell-is- thesistersofmercyland
another Estonian? :twisted:
nope. ;D
and I thought the world is devided into 2: the first part knows Sisters, the other is this place where I live in.
elguiri
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Leeds Warehouse( er ...Nightclub ).......Latter half of 1982 and a song called adrenochrome was played one night............and bang ...........it was like you had found your true vocation in life.....a cross between being run over by a train and aural sex ( i Said AURAL...not ........oh never mind :innocent: )
And then to find out a few days later that this was the same group as had the coolest teeshirt in town.............What more can i say .................... :von:
"Very Elderly Bastard Groovy"
DerekR
Doobie Brother

First song I remember hearing was Marian, played to me by a mate. FALAA had just come out and I got obsessively into them. I remember the long wait til Floodland, the longer wait til Vision Thing, and the seemingly eternal wait for a new album since then.

So, 1985 for me. Within a week I'd snapped up everything they'd released to date. Must have played those early 12" singles to death (still got them too). I turned into a total Sisters anorak, hunting down bootlegs at record fairs etc.

I can even remember the soundtrack to my, erm first 'fumbling/sexual experience' was the Sisterhood album, especially 'Colours'. Too much information? Hehe.

All those years ago and I finally got round to seeing them at the Barrowlands this year :notworthy: