Body Electric - different mixes from Body & Soul?

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Dan
Overbomber

robertzombie wrote:The idea is to encode the video (in your software) to the spec that Youtube requires, that way it won't be *re*encoded by Youtube. If you feed it a file with a 384 kbps AAC audio track, it'll stay that way.
Ah, I see. A shame that almost nobody does it, probably because they're not aware of the possibility. Actually probably a combination of not knowing it's possible and not knowing how to encode a file... with people finding they can just about manage something like windows movie maker.

(When youtube encoded everything as mono (and when it was all.flv) I discovered that if I encoded the .flv myself in stereo it'd play on the site as stereo, which was quite nice.)
Gaijin
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

robertzombie wrote:Correct, youtube audio is not "HD". I believe the maximum you can get on it is AAC 384 kbps. It's still useful for judging tracks but it shouldn't be used for any serious comparison work.
What measures did you take when uploading your files Robert? I'm keen on your 24/96 transfers, not the mp3's so much.
robertzombie
Overbomber

Gaijin wrote:
robertzombie wrote:Correct, youtube audio is not "HD". I believe the maximum you can get on it is AAC 384 kbps. It's still useful for judging tracks but it shouldn't be used for any serious comparison work.
What measures did you take when uploading your files Robert? I'm keen on your 24/96 transfers, not the mp3's so much.
The video files are 192 kbps AAC / 48 kHz (encoded from 24/96). I can do a killer needledrop but I'm useless with video so I just went with my software's "youtube" settings. The 24/96 transfers will be exclusively available here shortly.
Gaijin

robertzombie wrote:The 24/96 transfers will be exclusively available here shortly.
:eek: That's beyond expectations.
robertzombie
Overbomber

Gaijin wrote:
robertzombie wrote:The 24/96 transfers will be exclusively available here shortly.
:eek: That's beyond expectations.
You'd best get saving up your download allowance :P
Gaijin

robertzombie wrote:You'd best get saving up your download allowance :P
Ha ha ha - I've been looking for you on that p2p client we have in common, as I can cherry pick what I'm interested in.
lsind
Road Kill

Thanks, Robert & Dan, for taking the time to discuss the Youtube audio bitrate issue I raised in my post.