Is Dominion still going?

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Trans men are men, trans women are women and nonbinary folks' identity is valid. What discussion needs to be had?
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Dan
Overbomber

I don't know why some people care so much about how others live their lives.
It's like someone on a diet being annoyed because someone else is eating a doughnut. (Not my quote, I can't remember who said it.)
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

People are very emotional these days, very touchy, they are so easily offendes how order grownups live their lifes.
But I still love the most part when homophobic people shout/write "f**k gays".
GC
Slight Overbomber

markfiend wrote: 02 Oct 2021, 11:08 Trans men are men, trans women are women and nonbinary folks' identity is valid. What discussion needs to be had?
I think there needs to be a discussion otherwise your just ignoring the opinions of other people - who may after a discussion have a point or, maybe not. That's different from refusing people respect and freedom.
luxxlillian
Road Kill

markfiend wrote: 02 Oct 2021, 11:08 Trans men are men, trans women are women and nonbinary folks' identity is valid. What discussion needs to be had?
100% agree. Any other "discussion" on the matter is not that, but an act of dehumanization. There is no room for "gender critical discussions" in a civilized society.
GC
Slight Overbomber

luxxlillian wrote: 02 Oct 2021, 22:04
100% agree. Any other "discussion" on the matter is not that, but an act of dehumanization. There is no room for "gender critical discussions" in a civilized society.
Why is discussion dehumanizing? And there is always room for critical discussion.. especially in a civilized society. Thats what makes it civilised.
Swinnow
Overbomber

GC wrote: 02 Oct 2021, 21:51 I think there needs to be a discussion otherwise your just ignoring the opinions of other people - who may after a discussion have a point or, maybe not. That's different from refusing people respect and freedom.
Agreed, in the "perfect world" Mr Fiend's view would be nodded through, but our real life situation is far more nuanced, hence the need for discussion. I add my full recognition of 'trans' people and respect for their identity.
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
LyanvisAberrant
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

GC wrote: 02 Oct 2021, 23:07
Why is discussion dehumanizing? And there is always room for critical discussion.. especially in a civilized society. Thats what makes it civilised.
Aight then, mate, discuss. What's your problem?
A man with a fictitious grin pondered the terrain in which he flooded with anguish, for this is England. The lion cannot be tamed, this is the game.
GC
Slight Overbomber

LyanvisAberrant wrote: 03 Oct 2021, 09:03
GC wrote: 02 Oct 2021, 23:07

Aight then, mate, discuss. What's your problem?
That tone does n't suggest a discussion and why do you think I have a problem?
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

i was brought up to believe that it was morally acceptable to do whatever you wanted to do so long as you werent hurting anybody else. not liking something that has nothing to do with you does not constitute being hurt.
or
"if you dont like it then you can f**k off!"

of course there will be people who are using their stated gender identity to harm others -agenda benders if you will- but i am damned sure that doesnt mean all trans men are pretending to identify as female , simply so they can use the ladies bogs!
whilst these opinions exist there has to be room for 'discussion'. especially when its not just the fuckking idiots and pondlife who chat this s**t -i am more than disappointed and hurt by the fact thatn someone who is known and respected by many of us (not a HLer) is publicy stating flawed opinions such as the above as fact (yes, i am talking to YOU...you who are an inspiration to many and should know better!) when the intelligent and otherwise morally-sound champions of the oppressed are getting it wrong there has to be discussion.
however as far as HL is concerned (IM not-so HO) you shouldnt be knocking on this particular heavens door unless you have previously unlearned your ignorance elsewhere. :hl: :von:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

So, is Dominion still going or what?
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
eastmidswhizzkid

Planet Dave wrote: 03 Oct 2021, 12:21 So, is Dominion still going or what?
my mate paul has a beta max, a one-armed bandit and a vertical record player. he is probably still on dominion, via dial-up, on a zx blah-de-blah lol. you know what bro? i couldnt give a fuckk. :lol: i stopped reading it when i came to the realisation that it was bollox.
Last edited by eastmidswhizzkid on 03 Oct 2021, 12:29, edited 1 time in total.

Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

eastmidswhizzkid wrote: 03 Oct 2021, 12:26
my mate paul has a beta max, a one-armed bandit and a vertical record player. he is probably still on dominion, via dial-up, on a zx blah-de-blah lol. you know what bro? i couldnt give a fuckk. :lol:
Me neither :wink:
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
eastmidswhizzkid

we / i get called elitists but i am on HL. so fair do's. when the word was bandied on dominion it was because the bitchy fuckkers hadnt got the nerve to call each other cunts

Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

eastmidswhizzkid wrote: 03 Oct 2021, 12:31 we / i get called elitists but i am on HL. so fair do's. when the word was bandied on dominion it was because the bitchy fuckkers hadnt got the nerve to call each other cunts
Yeah but brother, Inspector Harry Callaghan surely had the last word on opinions. As for Dominion, I was last on there about 8 email addresses back, in the days that browsing a Sisters Of Mercy website meant Ian Grimstead's noble and controversial effort.

Anyway, you're the least elitist person I know, so if you're elitist we're all fckd :lol: :kiss:
eastmidswhizzkid

Planet Dave wrote: 03 Oct 2021, 12:47
eastmidswhizzkid wrote: 03 Oct 2021, 12:31 we / i get called elitists but i am on HL. so fair do's. when the word was bandied on dominion it was because the bitchy fuckkers hadnt got the nerve to call each other cunts
Yeah but brother, Inspector Harry Callaghan surely had the last word on opinions. As for Dominion, I was last on there about 8 email addresses back, in the days that browsing a Sisters Of Mercy website meant Ian Grimstead's noble and controversial effort.

Anyway, you're the least elitist person I know, so if you're elitist we're all fckd :lol: :kiss:
youve broken me now Dave. i put my heart and soul into being elitisticismatical! and you stand there and tell mme i am no f**king good at it! bugger... :P
:lol: i just like words that have a Lee in them and end in an ism.

Swinnow
Overbomber

Like any corner of the tinterweb it can get a bit echo-chamberish here. I've never called anyone here a c*nt, perhaps I said cult and was misheard due to me enjoying a Guinness or five too many. See some of you come Spring, hopefully. Keep the faith kids, time here for a sneaky one before the footy.
eastmidswhizzkid

Swinnow wrote: 03 Oct 2021, 14:34
Like any corner of the tinterweb it can get a bit echo-chamberish here. I've never called anyone here a c*nt, perhaps I said cult and was misheard due to me enjoying a Guinness or five too many. See some of you come Spring, hopefully. Keep the faith kids, time here for a sneaky one before the footy.
we dont need to call each other names here. if theres any contention it is -more or less- within the remit of this being a discussion forum. failing that we have got -and have always had- excellent moderation and ultimately THE BAN...which not even the occassioanally trollish want. its Quiffy's ship and the disrespectful will find more unity than mutiny. we walk the plank when / if he so says. end of.

....NOW lets go f**k some salford-siders 8)

Pista
Cureboi

eastmidswhizzkid wrote: 03 Oct 2021, 15:08
we dont need to call each other names here. if theres any contention it is -more or less- within the remit of this being a discussion forum. failing that we have got -and have always had- excellent moderation and ultimately THE BAN...which not even the occassioanally trollish want. its Quiffy's ship and the disrespectful will find more unity than mutiny. we walk the plank when / if he so says. end of.

....NOW lets go f**k some salford-siders 8)
We also have excellent members who make moderating a heck of a lot easier to be fair.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Swinnow
Overbomber

I demand a shrubbery
Pista
Cureboi

Swinnow wrote: 03 Oct 2021, 20:17 I demand a shrubbery
One that looks nice.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Swinnow
Overbomber

:lol: :notworthy:
bismarck
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

I'm still on it for sentimental reasons. I joined when it was still called alt.gothic or something like that -- been on it forever. But now I just delete every email for the same reason that I don't spend any time on Twitter. It's just not what I'm looking for on a Sisters chat list at the moment.
The great questions of the day will not be
resolved by speeches and majority decisions,
but by iron and blood.
- Otto von Bismarck
Being645
Wiki wizard

Pete French wrote: I havent been subscribed here for a decade or so, just running it and assuming its ticking over nicely in the background.

I never expected that to end with me receiving personal emails telling me to check the list, as it has been overrun with transphobic diatribes.

Yet it appears that is what has happened.

Despite my subject line, "dissapointed" doesnt even start to describe it.

So, just as a reminder, this is a private mailing list, and whilst I am happy to embrace the principle that everyone has a right to hold, and express, an opinion, I am not actualy obliged to provide a forum for them to do so in. There are places on the net where such views can be expressed, and indeed there are places where such views will be welcomed with open arms.

This is not one of those places.

-bat.

Dan
Overbomber

Looks like the plugs been pulled (unless it's just temporary to let people cool off.)