are the other members of the band holding Eldritch back?

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
slicepack
Amphetamine Filth

MrChris wrote: but ANYTHING released by the Sisters has got to sell at least 300,000
I can think of three major artists of global stature whose last solo outings failed to sell 10,000. 300,000 is way off the true potential figure.
Amphetamine Filth

Tinkerbell wrote:
slicepack wrote:Being a mindwarp completist and ex-employee I always thought the lyric was "Lie down, lie back, shut up, submit, kiss the barrel baby - this is it" or are you quoting from a source that I'm unaware of?

Ex - employee!!! Could we have more detail please? :notworthy:
Guitar Technician for Flash Bastard.
Slight Overbomber

Hell, I'd buy 200,000 myself!
Chris

---------------------------------------------
Again and again and again...
DerekR
Doobie Brother

Andrew should resurrect the Sisterhood as a side project and release Gift II - that would rock.
karin
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

I reckon the only person holding Eldritch back is himself. But it's up to him what he does with his time and he doesn't owe anyone anything. ie. an album etc.
In that BBC 6 interview I'm sure he said that he'd like to go back to Uni' to "finish what I started.." I may have imagined it because in other 'what now?' discussions on other forums no ones mentioned it but l If that's what he wants I hope he goes for it . He could still do the odd gig to pay the rent.
Zwei bier bitte.....
pikkrong
Overbomber

karin wrote:I may have imagined it because in other 'what now?' discussions on other forums no ones mentioned it
another Sisters forum :?:
karin

pikkrong wrote:
karin wrote:I may have imagined it because in other 'what now?' discussions on other forums no ones mentioned it
yeeusss.....like that one you post to regularly ( ? ).......They were discussing - What now ? last week.
Zwei bier bitte.....
pikkrong
Overbomber

karin wrote:
pikkrong wrote:
yeeusss.....like that one you post to regularly ( ? ).......They were discussing - What now ? last week.
Dominion list?
MrChris
Slight Overbomber

Hmm, I don't remember the point about Uni from the interview...but I listened live, and Mr E was speaking VERY QUIETLY, and a long way from the mic...So he could have been talking about how to get umbrellas to mate for all I'd have known. You'd think he would have learned about all of that by now. Perhaps he was being 'enigmatic'.

Thinking about the Uni, thing, though, I work at a Uni and I'd be TERRIFIED if I had to teach someone like Von. Christ! He'd rip my lectures to shreds, or just sit back and cackle condescendingly, and I'd turn red, and, and... I'm going to stop imagining that now.
Chris

MrChris wrote:Hmm, I don't remember the point about Uni from the interview...but I listened live, and Mr E was speaking VERY QUIETLY, and a long way from the mic...So he could have been talking about how to get umbrellas to mate for all I'd have known. You'd think he would have learned about all of that by now. Perhaps he was being 'enigmatic'.
No, I remember this distinctly, cos I thought his comments were a bit weird. First he said that sometimes he thinks he should go back and finish what he started (obviously referring to his studies, in context), then he interrupted the interviewer to make it very clear that he meant he wanted to finish the academic stuff that he started, not the band he had started. I found it odd that he was so forceful on that point, when it wasn't an issue from the context of the comment. Hmmm...
MrChris wrote:Thinking about the Uni, thing, though, I work at a Uni and I'd be TERRIFIED if I had to teach someone like Von. Christ! He'd rip my lectures to shreds, or just sit back and cackle condescendingly, and I'd turn red, and, and... I'm going to stop imagining that now.
And then you could just say, "Excuse me, Mr Taylor, but when you're standing at the front of the class holding the pointer, you can natter on about German philosophy all you want. But as it is, sit your degree-lacking arse down! And speak English!!!" *condescendingly rap pointer on lecturn, twice, for emphasis*
hallucienate
Overbomber

CorpPunk wrote:And then you could just say, "Excuse me, Mr Taylor, but when you're standing at the front of the class holding the pointer, you can natter on about German philosophy all you want. But as it is, sit your degree-lacking arse down! And speak English!!!" *condescendingly rap pointer on lecturn, twice, for emphasis*
<mumbles>yes ma'am</mumbles> :urff: :wink:

Corpy, you had practice at that, or just been on the recieving end ? :wink:

hallucienate wrote: Corpy, you had practice at that, or just been on the recieving end ? :wink:
Receiving end. Ain't never known my place, me. ;D
hallucienate
Overbomber

CorpPunk wrote:
hallucienate wrote: Corpy, you had practice at that, or just been on the recieving end ? :wink:
Receiving end. Ain't never known my place, me. ;D
It looks like you've got a natural talent for it. I'm sure even Debaser would have troubles improving on your little talking to ;D :urff:

Well, I've been thinking about hitting Eldritch over the head with a pointer for a while now...as part of my visualisation exercises. So it comes as second nature. ;D :von:
MrChris
Slight Overbomber

I'll try this on the students, and sue you all if it doesn't work
Chris

karin

pikkrong wrote:
karin wrote:
pikkrong wrote: another Sisters forum :?:
Dominion list?
yup :D
Zwei bier bitte.....