Chris Catalyst - new album/ website/ blog

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
EvilBastard
Overbomber

Microcosmia wrote:I have a mental image of Von driving a "steamroller flattening everything in it's path"
I've checked with the people at Caterpillar - they will neither confirm nor deny that they recently sold a steamroller equipped with lasers, strobes, and a smoke machine, painted in the shiniest yellow and blues.
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
EmmaPeelWannaBe
Slight Overbomber

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Is that the roar of a big machine I've been hearing?
My life is one long week of stupid clothing benders.
EvilBastard
Overbomber

EmmaPeelWannaBe wrote::lol: :lol: :lol:

Is that the roar of a big machine I've been hearing?
"I hear the empire squish"?
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
Microcosmia
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

EvilBastard wrote:
Microcosmia wrote:I have a mental image of Von driving a "steamroller flattening everything in it's path"
I've checked with the people at Caterpillar - they will neither confirm nor deny that they recently sold a steamroller equipped with lasers, strobes, and a smoke machine, painted in the shiniest yellow and blues.

Or he might have got it from JCB instead, in which case maybe we can look forward to the JCB song being added to the setlist in November. I wouldn't put it past him :)
Being645
Above the Chemist

Pista wrote:
EmmaPeelWannaBe wrote:Wait there is a forum for blind adoration of the sisters? I certainly haven't come across it here.

Good for Chris, perusing creative endeavors that make him happy.
Exactly. One thing that always shone out from EM releases is that of a band having fun & I appreciate Chris is going in different directions with all his various projects & collaborations.
That man can write some pretty good hooks. :D
Fully seconded ... and I love those Eureka Machines videos ... they are all great fun ... :lol: ...
Microcosmia

Being645 wrote:
Pista wrote:
EmmaPeelWannaBe wrote:Wait there is a forum for blind adoration of the sisters? I certainly haven't come across it here.

Good for Chris, perusing creative endeavors that make him happy.
Exactly. One thing that always shone out from EM releases is that of a band having fun & I appreciate Chris is going in different directions with all his various projects & collaborations.
That man can write some pretty good hooks. :D
Fully seconded ... and I love those Eureka Machines videos ... they are all great fun ... :lol: ...
True, they are fun. I, for one, like the exuberance and energy he brings to his work.
dinky daisy
Slight Overbomber

It reminds me of oasis.

Which is not necessarily a bad thing, but at least it's a postmodern conclusion.
guns & cars & accidents
EmmaPeelWannaBe
Slight Overbomber

Or Blur (but just because I like them better than Oasis)
My life is one long week of stupid clothing benders.
dinky daisy
Slight Overbomber

EmmaPeelWannaBe wrote:Or Blur (but just because I like them better than Oasis)
Vocals and melodies are very, very, Oasis.
guns & cars & accidents
SmileySister
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

[quote="dinky daisy"]It reminds me of oasis.

That's what I thought.

so we should let him "Roll with it"

I'll get my coat
Microcosmia

SmileySister wrote:

I'll get my coat
Shouldn't that be your cloak?

;)
SmileySister
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Microcosmia wrote:
SmileySister wrote:

I'll get my coat
Shouldn't that be your cloak?

;)
and my broom :)
Microcosmia

SmileySister wrote:
and my broom :)

I might need an aircraft engine strapped to mine with these strikes ahead.
Damian
Amphetamine Filth

Life would be boring if everyone agreed, mind! Hopefully lots of people like the track (and album). If you don't, hopefully you'll enjoy the blog...
Microcosmia

[quote="Damian"]Life would be boring if everyone agreed, mind!

Indeed it would :)
jost 7
Slight Overbomber

I saw ukj last night. Great to see what important role chris plays in them, doing lots of things. Not my stuff but very nice gig.
Chris could do more of that in the s*****s also.
love is just a shot away
jost 7
Slight Overbomber

jost 7 wrote:I saw ukj last night. Great to see what important role chris plays in them, doing lots of things. Not my stuff but very nice gig.
I upped it on dime, some nice parts of chris, on guitar and spoken
love is just a shot away
Being645
Above the Chemist

jost 7 wrote:
jost 7 wrote:I saw ukj last night. Great to see what important role chris plays in them, doing lots of things. Not my stuff but very nice gig.
I upped it on dime, some nice parts of chris, on guitar and spoken
Lovely ... :D ...
Have you got a link to this one, please? Otherwise one has to do a search through loads of other (uninteresting) stuff.
In the sharing section you only posted a link that does not go there.
Damian
Amphetamine Filth

The blog has a new entry which some of you should find interesting!
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

What seems to some is playful moshpit fun might be smashing the glasses of the girl on the barrier in front of you. Some people need to realise they are no longer a nine-stone 15 year old at a Prodigy gig.
Well said Chris
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

although if you were to visit a forum devoted to any other band the very first thing you would notice about it's users would be their propensity towards adoring said band. should you then choose to be unconstructively negative about the band (or "trolling" to use the modern expression) you could expect to find these people getting narked , maybe even berating you for your detractions and sometimes going as far as (gosh!) defending their idols. these forums are after all fan-created for the exact opposing purpose of people expressing their dislike of said band. (personally i have too many things i like to spend any time trying to ruin other people's enjoyment of things i dont like: i am rather fond of cider and drink it all day...rarely do i desire to sit in starbucks telling the clientele that their over-priced beverage is probably the result of child-labour and extreme poverty.)
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:...rarely do i desire to sit in starbucks telling the clientele that their over-priced beverage is probably the result of child-labour and extreme poverty.)
Really off topic but I remember some anti-globalisation demo where a branch of Starbucket's suffered (according to the press) "Several tens of thousands of pounds' worth of damage" and some comedian making a crack "what? They spilled three lattés?"
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Being645
Above the Chemist

Damian wrote:The blog has a new entry which some of you should find interesting!
Lovely... :notworthy: ;D ... Here's the direct link: http://www.chriscatalyst.com/2016/11/
eastmidswhizzkid

markfiend wrote:
eastmidswhizzkid wrote:...rarely do i desire to sit in starbucks telling the clientele that their over-priced beverage is probably the result of child-labour and extreme poverty.)
Really off topic but I remember some anti-globalisation demo where a branch of Starbucket's suffered (according to the press) "Several tens of thousands of pounds' worth of damage" and some comedian making a crack "what? They spilled three lattés?"
:lol:

eastmidswhizzkid

Damian wrote:The blog has a new entry which some of you should find interesting!
really interesting -thanks for the heads up.