GEOGRAPHY (for you)

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
zaltys7
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Zaltys 7 is the one that confuses me. Not sure if it's male or female?

I'll take that as a compliment :)

Born in Slough (Berkshire), grew up in Brackley (Northamptonshire), spent my teenage years in Banbury (Oxfordshire), moved to Stoke on Trent (Staffordshire) for university and am still here 20 years later.

Spent a year in Chichester and some time in Brighton didn't like either place.
"We have too many cellphones. We've got too many internets. We have got to get rid of those machines. We have too many machines now." - Ray Bradbury.
elamanamou
Slight Overbomber

Chichester area I know well. Arundel? lol I always like the south coast :lol:
Pista
Cureboi

I used to live in Worthing, not too far from Arundel or Brighton.
Before that, Bromley in South "that" London
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
elamanamou
Slight Overbomber

Worthing is nice. Littlehampton not so grand! lol.
Swinnow
Overbomber

I used to work in Horsham, only for a bit, doing knowledge transfer about pharmaceuticals from our factory in Leeds to their factory. Weird experience tbh. We played loads of silly games in the hotel because we had virtually unlimited expenses due to a 'golden handcuffs' deal because our site in Horsforth was closing. :(
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
elamanamou
Slight Overbomber

Takes a long time I would say 20 yrs for Southerners to open up. Up North they wanna be friend.
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

We are all sisters
Goths have feelings too
Swinnow
Overbomber

elamanamou wrote:Takes a long time I would say 20 yrs for Southerners to open up. Up North they wanna be friend.
I found lots of southerners were friendly 'cos I had the company black Visa card and could sign off my colleagues expenses lol
UnnaturalDisaster
Road Kill

I'm usually to be found in the same, soulless South Leicestershire market town in which I spent most of my formative years.

There are definitely worse places, but I'm finding it difficult to witness the swallowing up of all my muddy adolescent haunts by warehouses and estates of uninspired "luxury" housing.
"This is Jenny. She's the family sadist."
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

UnnaturalDisaster wrote:I'm usually to be found in the same, soulless South Leicestershire market town in which I spent most of my formative years.
harborough?
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

The same where i was born, the same where i was brought up, the same where i did few way too stupid things when i was teenangst, the same where i wasted my time studying, the same where i live now, hopefuly not the same where i'm gonna spend rest of my life, but the same where - at least now - i want to my bones, ashes or whatever gonne left from me will be put in the ground - Wrocław/Breslau/Vroclav, PL.
Last edited by Bartek on 06 Mar 2017, 14:03, edited 1 time in total.
elamanamou
Slight Overbomber

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:
UnnaturalDisaster wrote:I'm usually to be found in the same, soulless South Leicestershire market town in which I spent most of my formative years.
harborough?
Market Harborough is nice. Very Tory though
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I've lived in Leeds since 1990. Before that I moved around various places on the Pennine border between Greater Manchester and the West Riding.

More-or-less anyway.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
elamanamou
Slight Overbomber

I will be serious now. Born in Bury st Edmunds. Lived in a stable in Newmarket for yrs. currently Stratford upon Avon :wink:
UnnaturalDisaster
Road Kill

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:
harborough?
If only! Lutterworth.
UnnaturalDisaster
Road Kill

elamanamou wrote:Lived in a stable in Newmarket for yrs.
Desperately resisting the urge to say something about that being the final straw... and failing.
Swinnow
Overbomber

Mark, Cleckhuddersfaxdale was it?
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

UnnaturalDisaster wrote:
eastmidswhizzkid wrote:
harborough?
If only! Lutterworth.
:lol: ok, i'll give you that one.
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
elamanamou
Slight Overbomber

UnnaturalDisaster wrote:
elamanamou wrote:Lived in a stable in Newmarket for yrs.
Desperately resisting the urge to say something about that being the final straw... and failing.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Microcosmia
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Raised in the same country village north of Dublin where I now live. In my 20's had a stint in the U.S followed by another in London. Then a spell in India. Then back to Dublin, first on the northside, before migrating across the Liffey to the southside, and eventually moving back to the country.

I miss living in the city although I still work there, commuting is not much fun.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Swinnow wrote:Mark, Cleckhuddersfaxdale was it?
:lol: and places with "-worth" on the end of their names.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

East Yorkshire, to West Yorkshire, to Newcastle... any further South and I may get a nosebleed! 8)
sziamiau
Slight Overbomber

Born in south of Hungary, lived there until 17, moved to the US, moved back, moved to the US again, moved to Budapest, moved to the Netherlands, still supposed to be in school in the UK, objective is Balaton,...aka the pic of Pista. i really would like to buy something there. otherwise on the road between continents.
Purple Light
Slight Overbomber

Leeds to Manchester to Leeds to Edinburgh to Leeds again. Kirkstall specifically now. In the shadow of the sun as an old bald man would say. :von:
“I got lost in the mirror, wondering what could have been, I couldn’t help but kill her, but I couldn’t kill the dream.”
Being645
Wiki Wizard

On the pagan side of Cologne, mostly. The few years in the centre were quite nice, though, basically.