Royal Albert gig - Eldritch's injuries?

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
elamanamou
Slight Overbomber

You have to give him credit for an outstanding performance at the RAH considering being strapped up with broken ribs. He must've been in agony during the performance. I expect he dosed himself up with amphetamines to mask the agony?
Swinnow
Overbomber

Never viewed whizz as a pain killer, time killer yeah lol.
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
Microcosmia
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

I find it remarkable that he could sing at all in that condition. I cracked and broke ribs once in a fall and couldn't move or breathe without agonising pain and could barely whisper. I can't imagine how he performed in such pain let alone to the standard of Wake.
Swinnow
Overbomber

Broke a rib a few times through motorbikes and rugby, tell you what though, a broken collar bone hurt far more, ouch!
Microcosmia

Swinnow wrote:Broke a rib a few times through motorbikes and rugby, tell you what though, a broken collar bone hurt far more, ouch!
And it takes longer to heal too. My son broke his collar bone as a kid falling from a bouncy castle. On his first day back in school with the sling another kid tripped him up and he broke the other one. Two arms in slings at the same time he was like a mummy and all that we were advised to give him for the pain was Calpol.

ETA : maybe Eldritch fell off a bouncy castle too? :lol:
Swinnow
Overbomber

Poor bugger, I hope he's a strappin' lad now.
Microcosmia

Indeed he is none the worse for his ordeal :)
SmileySister
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Laughing my head off at the thought of Andrew Eldritch on a bouncy castle :von:
Swinnow
Overbomber

Was it a backlit, very black bouncy castle, surrounded by dry ice?
Microcosmia

Did he burst the castle with a cigarette? More things we'll never know.
EmmaPeelWannaBe
Slight Overbomber

We do know that it was in no way a gothic castle
My life is one long week of stupid clothing benders.
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

SmileySister wrote:Laughing my head off at the thought of Andrew Eldritch on a bouncy castle :von:
Laughing more at the thought of the little step ladder to get him on it :eek: :von:
Goths have feelings too
Swinnow
Overbomber

At least his legs reach all thr way down to the ground (just).
Charlie
Slight Overbomber

Oh god, reading this has just made me flashback to when i was a kid and fell down the side bit of a massive bouncy castle - i could not get out, thought i was gonna get crushed to death :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Maybe that's what happened!
EvilBastard
Overbomber

Microcosmia wrote:ETA : maybe Eldritch fell off a bouncy castle too? :lol:
Can I nominate "bouncy castle" as fave euphemism for "living above the chemist"?

"Yeah, I know we were supposed to be going out at the weekend, but I was on the bouncy castle on Friday night and I'm still a little out of it."

"So, Mr. Eldritch - your application for disability benefit refers to a workplace-related injury. Could you please explain the circumstances and the nature of your injury?"
"Yeah, we were playing a gig down in that Lunnon and...well, I'd been up for a few days with this and that, you know how it is - long story short, I fell off the bouncy castle, if you know what I mean."
"Absolutely clear, Mr. Eldritch - no problem, I'll sign you off for 13 weeks or until the new album's released, whichever comes later."
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
Microcosmia

EvilBastard wrote:
Microcosmia wrote:ETA : maybe Eldritch fell off a bouncy castle too? :lol:
Can I nominate "bouncy castle" as fave euphemism for "living above the chemist"?

"Yeah, I know we were supposed to be going out at the weekend, but I was on the bouncy castle on Friday night and I'm still a little out of it."

"So, Mr. Eldritch - your application for disability benefit refers to a workplace-related injury. Could you please explain the circumstances and the nature of your injury?"
"Yeah, we were playing a gig down in that Lunnon and...well, I'd been up for a few days with this and that, you know how it is - long story short, I fell off the bouncy castle, if you know what I mean."
"Absolutely clear, Mr. Eldritch - no problem, I'll sign you off for 13 weeks or until the new album's released, whichever comes later."
Looking forward to the "bouncy castle years" section in the autobiography (that we'll probably never see :lol:)
Swinnow
Overbomber

This autobiography thing is catching on eh?
EmmaPeelWannaBe
Slight Overbomber

Dueling autobiographies at dawn?
Swinnow
Overbomber

"My book signing venue in Worksop was bigger than yours big nose!"

"Sod off you short-arsed puddle jumper!"
EmmaPeelWannaBe
Slight Overbomber

I'd like to think that :von: would be a bit clever as he punched Wayne in the ankles.
EvilBastard
Overbomber

EmmaPeelWannaBe wrote:I'd like to think that :von: would be a bit clever as he punched Wayne in the ankles.
[music fades out as last part of a conversation is heard..."which was when I decided to ram my épée up Wayne's jacksie."]
"And we're back with Sisters of Mercy frontman Andrew Eldritch, talking about his autobiography, "Why are all these bastards wearing black?" So, Andrew, we were just discussing the breakup of the band after the 1985 Royal Albert Hall gig..."
Hank Moody
Swinnow
Overbomber

"Andrew, will you consider answering if I say 'The' Sisters Of Mercy frontman instead?"

aside to harassed studio runner "At least Wayne only needs two bottles of Blue Nun to get a decent anecdote or seventeen."
Microcosmia

Swinnow wrote:"Andrew, will you consider answering if I say 'The' Sisters Of Mercy frontman instead?"

aside to harassed studio runner "At least Wayne only needs two bottles of Blue Nun to get a decent anecdote or seventeen."
Cobalt Blue Nun for Mr. Eldritch...
EvilBastard
Overbomber

Microcosmia wrote:
Swinnow wrote:"Andrew, will you consider answering if I say 'The' Sisters Of Mercy frontman instead?"

Cobalt Blue Nun for Mr. Eldritch...
Surely that would be for Mr Ray...?
Hank Moody
EmmaPeelWannaBe
Slight Overbomber

I keep imagining something along the lines of "my legal retainer is bigger than yours"