What was the last film you saw at the Cinema ?

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Erudite
Slight Overbomber

CorpPunk wrote:Yep, I just saw Underworld too. The only thing I can say is that while there were no intentionally funny scenes in the film, the audience laughed right through it. Yep, it was that bad. Don't waste your money.

Still holding out hope for Chainsaw Massacre, though...
I guess British audiences are different - no laughter and plenty of enjoyment when I went to see the film.
Kinda a Goth version of Romeo and Juliet, and, indeed, ripped straight off of White Wolf's World of Darkness RPG.

Action scenes are handled very well, doesn't spoon feed the audience or waste time on needless exposition, plus Kate Beckinsdale in rubber!

Got to recommend it, personally.

"Some people are so undemanding."
You are what you drink - I'm a bitter man!
Andy TG
Overbomber

Went to see "Underworld" at a very large "Dolby" cinema in Cardiff (wales) - not even a huge screen and "out of this world" sound could save a terrible film! I should point out that this screening was at Midnight on a Saturday night - I expected a 'sell out' but only 20 to 25 people attended!

Now do not get me wrong - I am a fan of anything "Vampire" (Werewolves are also cool IMHO!) - But "Underworld" promises much and delivers so little.

Kate Beckensale is great in very tight PVC / Leather - Bill Nighly is great as the Head vampire and the stunts are great but the script is lousy, the acting of some principle players is very poor and the plot has more holes in it than Iraq's Main Airport.

Now I say go and see it - but try not to pay too much or better still get someone else to pay for you - that way you wont regret the Underworld "experience" ;-)
This Is Not Ordinary S & M
This Is M & S S & M
Black Planet
Andrew's Love Goddess

:urff: :urff:

Wow I was expecting a good movie. I 'll still go see it...

Now, if you want to see a really good flick, it's a bit sappy, but Sea Biscuit is a really really good movie. It's about a horse, that came to be the greatest race horse in US history. But it is also about so much more....About overcomng adversity..and I mean everyone including the horse (owner, trainer, jockey) had a really bad start..and they achieved so so much.

Well if nothing else, rent it one nite and have popcorn at home.

:D

Oh and thanks Andy for your review of Underworld!!!
Padstar
Utterly Bastard Smurph

Underworld....

Style over content, pity.

Paddy.
Still playing guitar - sometimes weird shaped ones.
zigeunerweisen
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

dead inside wrote:
zigeunerweisen wrote:The last movie i watched at the cinema? Either Taran and the Last Cauldron or Tarzan, The Legend of Greystoke back in the 80's.
So you don't go to the cinema *too*? :eek:
What's wrong with us people? OK, I don't go to the cinema anymore because I can't stand that long without smoking... What's your excuse?...
Ummm, not enough money, no suitable company, no good movies out, my distaste for big crowds for long periods of time and simply couldn't be bothered. All those at some point. :|
zigeunerweisen

Padstar wrote:Underworld....

Style over content, pity.

Paddy.
What is this Underworld movie everyone's talking about? I'm still waiting for Titanic to be on video.
Padstar
Utterly Bastard Smurph

@Zig

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0320691/

Have a look !

Paddy
Big Si
School Bully

zigeunerweisen wrote:Ummm, not enough money, no suitable company, no good movies out, my distaste for big crowds for long periods of time and simply couldn't be bothered. All those at some point. :|
Got ya! ....by profession, you're a journalist! :twisted:
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
Gary

Spirited Away, Great :)
karin
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

zigeunerweisen wrote:The last movie i watched at the cinema? Either Taran and the Last Cauldron or Tarzan, The Legend of Greystoke back in the 80's.
Good lord ??!! Zig I thought you were dead were the f**k have you been ? :)
Zwei bier bitte.....
karin
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Padstar wrote:Last Sunday saw "Spirited Away", an amazing Japanese family animation thats had fantastic critical and popular acclaim. Check it out, it was fantastic.

Directed by Hayao Miyazaki

8.6 on IMDB

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0245429/

Paddy.
heard about that, it's on the agenda :)
Zwei bier bitte.....
Gary

karin wrote:
Padstar wrote:Last Sunday saw "Spirited Away", an amazing Japanese family animation thats had fantastic critical and popular acclaim. Check it out, it was fantastic.

Directed by Hayao Miyazaki

8.6 on IMDB

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0245429/

Paddy.
heard about that, it's on the agenda :)
Id recomend it ;)
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

Terminator 3. :roll:
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
zigeunerweisen

karin wrote:
Good lord ??!! Zig I thought you were dead were the f**k have you been ? :)
Every now and then i wake up and leave my tomb to haunt common mortals.
That and look for cheese. You can't find cheese on the after life you know, it's terrible.
Padstar
Utterly Bastard Smurph

Saw "Camp" yesterday;

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0342167/

Inspite of the lukewarm reviews i really enjoyed it :)

Paddy.