2019-09-16, Antwerpen, Belgium. Near Meth Experience

Gig news, reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on The Sisters live in 2019
cardoman
Slight Overbomber

Merciful nuns will play there very very last gig on 16-09 somewhere in Antwerp

:bat:
Was it Alice or our daughter Ellice???
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

cardoman wrote:Merciful nuns will play there very very last gig on 16-09 somewhere in Antwerp

except that theyre playing a festival in october...
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

Pista
Cureboi

Being645 wrote:Oh hell, that's just irresistible ... :lol: ... ;D ;D ;D ...

The TRIX is such a lovely place.
Shall I stick you on the list then? :)
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
stefan moermans
Slight Overbomber

will do my best to get there ;-)
MUSICA È
Christian
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

count me in :von:
Being645
Above the Chemist

Pista wrote:
Being645 wrote:Oh hell, that's just irresistible ... :lol: ... ;D ;D ;D ...

The TRIX is such a lovely place.
Shall I stick you on the list then? :)
YES ... ;D ;D ;D ... No way for me to go to Brussels this year. So this comes in like a dream ... ;D ;D ;D ...
cardoman
Slight Overbomber

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:
cardoman wrote:Merciful nuns will play there very very last gig on 16-09 somewhere in Antwerp

except that theyre playing a festival in october...
Yes!
Was it Alice or our daughter Ellice???
radiojamaica
Overbomber

sure, let's try new things ;D
in dub we trust
Pat
Slight Overbomber

There are 4 smoking sisters in that picture. Just saying . People would normally pick up on that sort of thing and the rumour mill would go into overdrive or something... but not me, oh no.
eastmidswhizzkid

Pat wrote:There are 4 smoking sisters in that picture. Just saying . People would normally pick up on that sort of thing and the rumour mill would go into overdrive or something... but not me, oh no.
i noticed it but assumed the 4th was Ravey Davey or whoever is playing nursey to the Dok. also i didnt want to spoil it for the 'Secret Seven' types amongst us who are already halfway to solving 'The Mystery Of Some Cryptic Words' (or 'wtf- this could finally be the new album, couldnt it? please please please' ) and are simply waiting for Dick and Fanny* to arrive (with a fresh supply of ginger beer) before apprehending the ruffians.

*yes to the smart-arses: i know Dick & Fanny were in the famous five books not the secret seven but they were all spoilt interfering rich kids with 2 much love for the babylon to be anything other than cunts; invented by a childrens entertainer who claimed to dislike kids. just like jimmy saville. :twisted:

Dust Witch
Amphetamine Filth

Being645
Above the Chemist

d0gbones wrote:https://www.instagram.com/p/B2W2Thyo5vS ... _copy_link

Oh yes. Trix, here we come.
... :lol: ... pretty ... ;D ...
Dust Witch
Amphetamine Filth

iesus
Overbomber

I was about to post it in here and see it :lol: :lol:

Wow that was pretty fast trip from Greece to Antwerpe. They didn't even have a nap in Athens they quickly pick up their baggages and flew to Antwerpe :lol: :lol:
There must be something important to do there :innocent: ;D
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
Dust Witch
Amphetamine Filth

I can't work out how to upload (imgur seems to be dead), but trix's IG story has one fine-lookin' poster[/img]
Pista
Cureboi

via @xdustwitch on the twitters
Last edited by Pista on 15 Sep 2019, 09:39, edited 1 time in total.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Charlie
Slight Overbomber

you beat me to it - was just about to upload a pic! :lol:
Dust Witch
Amphetamine Filth

Yay, there we go!
eastmidswhizzkid

very exciting for all those attending obviously and the rest of us by proxy; but the purpose of this NME outing has me incredibly curious. just what aspect of the show is it they feel the need to warm up after the handful of festivals and indoor gigs already played? guess we will find out tomorrow.... :von:

Pista
Cureboi

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:very exciting for all those attending obviously and the rest of us by proxy; but the purpose of this NME outing has me incredibly curious. just what aspect of the show is it they feel the need to warm up after the handful of festivals and indoor gigs already played? guess we will find out tomorrow.... :von:
Might have something to do with this perhaps?
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

Adding to the maybe uncalled for excitement :wink: it's interesting to note that the band (well, don't know about Andrew) spent a whole week in Antwerpen before Hellfest, and another few days before Wacken. That's not normal Sisters procedure as we know it from the last decade?

I cannot attend unfortunately, but hope those who do will have some surprise to report :D
eastmidswhizzkid

Pista wrote:
eastmidswhizzkid wrote:very exciting for all those attending obviously and the rest of us by proxy; but the purpose of this NME outing has me incredibly curious. just what aspect of the show is it they feel the need to warm up after the handful of festivals and indoor gigs already played? guess we will find out tomorrow.... :von:
Might have something to do with this perhaps?
well, lets hope so...

copper
Amphetamine Filth

euphoria wrote:Adding to the maybe uncalled for excitement :wink: it's interesting to note that the band (well, don't know about Andrew) spent a whole week in Antwerpen before Hellfest, and another few days before Wacken. That's not normal Sisters procedure as we know it from the last decade?
And apparently rushing there from Greece. Atypical road behavior for sure. Last time I recall such build-up was for the XXX shows in Leeds, which turned out cupcakes and postcards (which was all very nice, of course).

Festival slots are better for greatest hits than trying out new songs. Also, Dylan got some shows under his belt without the added scrutiny. So it made sense to hold some things back.

Meanwhile, Antwerp / NME would be about wrangling the new songs to Roundhouse. Then why two days in Greece, if the NME show is so vital? Perhaps, money was good and the band wanted to warm up some more before Antwerp.

Anyway, this is probably the first mid-tour NME show in The Sisters' history.
iesus
Overbomber

copper wrote:
euphoria wrote:Adding to the maybe uncalled for excitement :wink: it's interesting to note that the band (well, don't know about Andrew) spent a whole week in Antwerpen before Hellfest, and another few days before Wacken. That's not normal Sisters procedure as we know it from the last decade?
And apparently rushing there from Greece. Atypical road behavior for sure. Last time I recall such build-up was for the XXX shows in Leeds, which turned out cupcakes and postcards (which was all very nice, of course).

Festival slots are better for greatest hits than trying out new songs. Also, Dylan got some shows under his belt without the added scrutiny. So it made sense to hold some things back.

Meanwhile, Antwerp / NME would be about wrangling the new songs to Roundhouse. Then why two days in Greece, if the NME show is so vital? Perhaps, money was good and the band wanted to warm up some more before Antwerp.

Anyway, this is probably the first mid-tour NME show in The Sisters' history.
It makes sense and the answer was hanging in merchandise point in Athens. T-shirts sold there was not Tour shirts but only for those two gigs in Greece.
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
Dust Witch
Amphetamine Filth

euphoria wrote:it's interesting to note that the band (well, don't know about Andrew) spent a whole week in Antwerpen before Hellfest, and another few days before Wacken.
You know what, Looking at Trix's website, I'm pretty sure this is the rehearsal space they were at too.