Facebook stuff...all pondlife filtered out!

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

Gothicbiff wrote: 28 Jan 2022, 16:57
eastmidswhizzkid wrote: 28 Jan 2022, 16:37 Tom 'lightfingered fritzl' Riddler's Ribbons group posted this, a downloadable radio interview with some old English bloke called Andrew from 10 years ago

https://www.rnz.co.nz/national/programm ... ew-eldrich
Yep....I posted it Lee.
oh ok cool. and i see its on here already. sorry.
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Gothicbiff
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

eastmidswhizzkid wrote: 28 Jan 2022, 17:00
eastmidswhizzkid wrote: 28 Jan 2022, 16:37 Tom 'lightfingered fritzl' Riddler's Ribbons group posted this, a downloadable radio interview with some old English bloke called Andrew from 10 years ago

Yep....I posted it Lee.
oh ok cool. you dont mind it being here do you? or did you post it here too?
I was going to post it here first, but I checked and there was already a thread for it from years ago. I commented on that thread, but for some strange reason I can't find the thread now :?
I have seen The Sisters at The Paradiso. I will die happy
With massive thanks to Ruffers for his company and help.
A girl is never too old to wear a Sisters tshirt!
eastmidswhizzkid

Gothicbiff wrote: 28 Jan 2022, 17:05

Yep....I posted it Lee.
I was going to post it here first, but I checked and there was already a thread for it from years ago. I commented on that thread, but for some strange reason I can't find the thread now :?
its here https://www.myheartland.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=24662 8)

Gothicbiff

eastmidswhizzkid wrote: 28 Jan 2022, 17:07
Gothicbiff wrote: 28 Jan 2022, 17:05
its here https://www.myheartland.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=24662 8)
I knew I had seen it and commented :lol:
I have seen The Sisters at The Paradiso. I will die happy
With massive thanks to Ruffers for his company and help.
A girl is never too old to wear a Sisters tshirt!
LyanvisAberrant

Yep....I posted it Lee.
My word... that was quite the interview.
A man with a fictitious grin pondered the terrain in which he flooded with anguish, for this is England. The lion cannot be tamed, this is the game.
eastmidswhizzkid

a nice pic from instagram

czuczu
Overbomber

They really need to get over the matching guitars
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

czuczu wrote: 11 Feb 2022, 20:29 They really need to get over the matching guitars
Because...?
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
czuczu
Overbomber

Planet Dave wrote: 11 Feb 2022, 20:32
czuczu wrote: 11 Feb 2022, 20:29 They really need to get over the matching guitars
Because...?
From a musical perspective sounding different on stage would be a massive plus and having the same base guitar tone isn't going to help with that.

But, much more importantly, they look like a couple of absolute bellends everytime they do these poses.

And it literally looks like shilling for free kit.

But apart from that, crack on I guess :)
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

I thought that was the point?
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
eastmidswhizzkid

czuczu wrote: 11 Feb 2022, 20:45
Because...?
in fairness the blurb which accompanied the pic was a thank you to kemperamps for their continuing support. as kemperamps are listed along with gibson and marshall etc on the 'Dylan and Ben use' part of the live page its safe to assume the free kit came already as part of the mutual backscratch for free advertising. nice to know the band are considered influential enough -without releasing a record in aeons- for such brands to think them worthy.

Husek

czuczu wrote: 11 Feb 2022, 20:45
Because...?
From a musical perspective sounding different on stage would be a massive plus and having the same base guitar tone isn't going to help with that.

But, much more importantly, they look like a couple of absolute bellends everytime they do these poses.

But apart from that, crack on I guess :)
Tha's a fair point, though the guitars were enough modified to each of them execute their parts accordingly.

For example, Ben added Coil Split pickups, so he can use single-coils which is essential for the bell-like tones he used to get from his Fender strat, he also added a tremolo bridge which does affect the overall sound a bit, as he tends to use the whammy bar quite a lot.

If memory serves me right, Dylan's Firebird uses the same pickups as Chris' Ibanez iceman (EMG 81/85), high gain and very bass-y, good for rhythm and bring some 'body' to the thin tones Ben gets from his single coils.

Anyhoo, Dylan was last seen buying a black fender strat, but if I had to bet, he will only use it for certain songs where the firebird was a bit too heavy, like Flood II, I was Wrong etc.

All that said, I do prefer having two different guitars on stage @czuczu , but then again, I'm biased, hence my guitar collection:

do they look familiar? :innocent:
Project Personal Dok
Hardware: 100% (Single Hackintosh)
AU: 90%
Software: 90%
The Final Floorshow - My Own Sisters T-Shirt Shop
czuczu
Overbomber

Husek wrote: 14 Feb 2022, 19:54All that said, I do prefer having two different guitars on stage @czuczu , but then again, I'm biased, hence my guitar collection:

Isn't the Ibanez the preferred weapon of Mr Catalyst?
My first electric was an Aria Pro 2, coincidence but a very happy one :)
Husek

czuczu wrote: 15 Feb 2022, 13:16
Husek wrote: 14 Feb 2022, 19:54All that said, I do prefer having two different guitars on stage @czuczu , but then again, I'm biased, hence my guitar collection:

Isn't the Ibanez the preferred weapon of Mr Catalyst?
My first electric was an Aria Pro 2, coincidence but a very happy one :)
It is, well used to be, Chris sold his Iceman last year to another chap from leeds, but from 2005 to 2012-ish I reckon that was his main ax.

I actually got the specs directly from him (EMG 81/85, rotosound rotoblues strings etc etc).

Now I'm doing the same with the fender strat, it's a 08 Olympic white american strat just like the one ben used right till he started using the Firebird, I'm planning adding Lace Sensor pickups and a hot rail as well, with so I'll finish my 1:1 replica from the sisters guitars from this era.
Project Personal Dok
Hardware: 100% (Single Hackintosh)
AU: 90%
Software: 90%
The Final Floorshow - My Own Sisters T-Shirt Shop
eastmidswhizzkid

ome twat on FB just now saying he stopped buying new Sisters records after Under The Gun. no shit Shergar....maybe stop talking about them full stop and spend time doing something you enjoy. Oh hold on- slagging off OUR bamd is something you enjoy! in that case -please! knock yourself out. Before i do...

markfiend
goriller of form 3b

eastmidswhizzkid wrote: 22 Feb 2022, 03:59 ome twat on FB just now saying he stopped buying new Sisters records after Under The Gun. no shit Shergar...
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
eastmidswhizzkid

Ben posted:
Practice for the Ricky Warwick & The Fighting Hearts tour - hitting the road NEXT WEEK! Get your tickets now:
https://bit.ly/3LzjRlz
Song: "You Don't Love Me", with original solo played by legendary Thunder Band guitarist Luke Morley! I tried to stay faithful to Luke's innovative & soulful piece here, whilst adding a few elaborations of my own (I recreated the backing track so to have free reign).
From Ricky Warwick's new album, "When Life Was Hard and Fast", out now on Nuclear Blast.
Using Gibson, Rotosound Music Strings, Kemper Amps

https://video.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t42.1790-2 ... e=621D3765

eastmidswhizzkid

Ben Posted:
My Gibsons & @rickywarwickofficial ‘s Gretsch & Yamaha resting up after another 8 hours’ toil at the coal face of rock! Tour starts on Thursday! Are you coming? Tix in bio / https://bit.ly/3poy1N3

#whenlifewashardandfast #blackstarriders #thinlizzy #thealmighty #fightinghearts #myshella #zarozinia @gibsonguitar @gretsch

eastmidswhizzkid

Some nice pics from Bens insta account.

Being645
Above the Chemist

Oh, thank you for all this. I missed your posts for months, because I hardly ever look into this thread.
But hell, I gotta change that habit ... :eek: :eek: ... :lol: ... :notworthy: :notworthy: ...
eastmidswhizzkid

Being645 wrote: 10 Apr 2022, 20:30 Oh, thank you for all this. I missed your posts for months, because I hardly ever look into this thread.
But hell, I gotta change that habit ... :eek: :eek: ... :lol: ... :notworthy: :notworthy: ...
as i have said before i use facebook twitter & insta mostly out of a sense of them being necessary evils; but one of the best things to come from it is getting actual personal messages from Ben and Dylan and when i post vids of new Sisters songs on my FB page and tag them more often than not they will 'like' the post.
I feel like they respect me as a Long Time Fan...so f or example i will NOT be attending a single further Sisters gig without a damned good attempt at getting in on the "free entry for fans with Merciful Release tattoos" angle.
:innocent: :von:

Being645
Above the Chemist

eastmidswhizzkid wrote: 10 Apr 2022, 21:57so f or example i will NOT be attending a single further Sisters gig without a damned good attempt at getting in on the "free entry for fans with Merciful Release tattoos" angle.
:innocent: :von:
... :lol: ... but that's what you've always done, Brother Lee, isn't it ... :lol: ...
eastmidswhizzkid

:lol: You're mistaking the goodwill & generous largesse of others for Andrew's rather rash promise in this interview here
Any bands ive been guestlisted in to see ever have usually been through my nefarious underworld/Hells Angels/ nightclub owners connections. whenever ive seen The Sisters for free it's been Gifts from Friends -The Very Best Kind Of Friends there are.

Being645
Above the Chemist

eastmidswhizzkid wrote: 11 Apr 2022, 01:21 :lol: You're mistaking the goodwill & generous largesse of others for Andrew's rather rash promise in this interview here
Any bands ive been guestlisted in to see ever have usually been through my nefarious underworld/Hells Angels/ nightclub owners connections. whenever ive seen The Sisters for free it's been Gifts from Friends -The Very Best Kind Of Friends there are.
... :lol: ... only joking, Lee ... I know. I've read all those threads and I've always been pleased, when somebody saw to a ticket for you ... :kiss: :D ...
Anyway, it's nice to hear that members of the band like your posts on FB and stuff.
However, FB is clearly not for me. I don't want to go there.
eastmidswhizzkid

Being645 wrote: 11 Apr 2022, 03:41
eastmidswhizzkid wrote: 11 Apr 2022, 01:21 :lol: You're mistaking the goodwill & generous largesse of others for Andrew's rather rash promise in this interview here
... :lol: ... only joking, Lee ... I know. I've read all those threads and I've always been pleased, when somebody saw to a ticket for you ... :kiss: :D ...
Anyway, it's nice to hear that members of the band like your posts on FB and stuff.
However, FB is clearly not for me. I don't want to go there.
you dont have to my dear. i will do it for you/us all. :kiss: