"Black Album" bootleg - Eldritch/Pearson demos

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

If we're talking about the same thing as @Dan's upload in the old thread I don't think it's the Sisters.

It's all just midi files - I don't think there's a live musician on there at all.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Dan
Overbomber

markfiend wrote: 24 Sep 2021, 13:19 If we're talking about the same thing as @Dan's upload in the old thread I don't think it's the Sisters.

It's all just midi files - I don't think there's a live musician on there at all.
Ah! I'd forgotten all about that. And the link still works. Oh well, that's peoples curiosity sated anyway. Hopefully nobody shelled out any money on the records!
LyanvisAberrant
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

markfiend wrote: 24 Sep 2021, 13:19 If we're talking about the same thing as @Dan's upload in the old thread I don't think it's the Sisters.

Aside from the obvious electric guitar overdubs.
Why does that rule it out?
A man with a fictitious grin pondered the terrain in which he flooded with anguish, for this is England. The lion cannot be tamed, this is the game.
Being645
Wiki Wizard

I guess, these are mere old Doktor demos giving orientation for band members to what dynamics the sound should have live.
czuczu
Overbomber

Being645 wrote: 25 Sep 2021, 09:21 I guess, these are mere old Doktor demos giving orientation for band members to what dynamics the sound should have live.
Well, they should sound like the Doktor then ;)
They don't. They sound like out of the box samples.

And they don't sound like the live tracks. They're cluttered, messy with no space for guitar parts. If they were written by a guitarist there would be tons of space to fill + it's actually easier for a guitarist to play the parts than programme them.
Even the dates don't make sense, why would tracks written after the songs public debut not sound like the song?
czuczu
Overbomber

Even Ben has said he wasn't given tapes to learn and had to find boots. That could just be trust issues ;)
Being645
Wiki Wizard

czuczu wrote: 25 Sep 2021, 09:29
Being645 wrote: 25 Sep 2021, 09:21 I guess, these are mere old Doktor demos giving orientation for band members to what dynamics the sound should have live.

And they don't sound like the live tracks. They're cluttered, messy with no space for guitar parts. If they were written by a guitarist there would be tons of space to fill + it's actually easier for a guitarist to play the parts than programme them.
Even the dates don't make sense, why would tracks written after the songs public debut not sound like the song?
True. I stand corrected ... :) ...
czuczu
Overbomber

Being645 wrote: 25 Sep 2021, 09:38
czuczu wrote: 25 Sep 2021, 09:29

True. I stand corrected ... :) ...
:lol:
Don't take my word for it!
I think the onus is on proving they're real but I'm just not feeling it.
mh
Above the Chemist

Yeah, Top Nite Out is the only one that's actually any good, but none of the rest even sound like the songs as we know them, although Crash & Burn could make a case for being a (very distant) second best.

These will turn out to have been someone noodling in their bedroom with a PC, nothing more.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

LyanvisAberrant wrote: 25 Sep 2021, 08:25

Aside from the obvious electric guitar overdubs.
Why does that rule it out?
"Obvious" guitar overdubs? Not that obvious 'cos I couldn't hear them.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
DasPerltAber
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

mh wrote: 25 Sep 2021, 11:06 Yeah, Top Nite Out is the only one that's actually any good, but none of the rest even sound like the songs as we know them, although Crash & Burn could make a case for being a (very distant) second best.

These will turn out to have been someone noodling in their bedroom with a PC, nothing more.
The "guitar" overdubs are nothing but a synth with some buzzsaw distortion added. The chorus in Summer is wrong. The "Doktor" sounds pretty damn cheap and crappy. I hadn't listened to it for years but I am still not convinced this is the real deal after listening to this again. Bare in mind I only made it to song number 3 though.
Pista
Cureboi

Let's not forget that this is a release from the same clowns that did this in their mum's basement
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

oh come on folks! these are as obviously fake as wide reciever was obviously andrew. :roll: maybe a stint in the FB pond or dominion would help... :twisted:
EDIT for the record top nite out would still have been called snubnose
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
robertzombie
Overbomber

It would be good to hear them.

EDIT: Dan's link still works: https://www.mediafire.com/?1y7xicry6ona1ex
czuczu
Overbomber

robertzombie wrote: 07 Oct 2021, 11:17 It would be good to hear them.
More like unpleasant to hear them ;)
robertzombie
Overbomber

czuczu wrote: 07 Oct 2021, 11:22
robertzombie wrote: 07 Oct 2021, 11:17 It would be good to hear them.
More like unpleasant to hear them ;)
Having now heard them I'm in agreement!
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

eastmidswhizzkid wrote: 03 Oct 2021, 22:36 oh come on folks! these are as obviously fake as wide reciever was obviously andrew. :roll: maybe a stint in the FB pond or dominion would help... :twisted:
For the record :innocent:

Goths have feelings too
eastmidswhizzkid

paint it black wrote: 07 Oct 2021, 18:11
eastmidswhizzkid wrote: 03 Oct 2021, 22:36 oh come on folks! these are as obviously fake as wide reciever was obviously andrew. :roll: maybe a stint in the FB pond or dominion would help... :twisted:

nope- youve got me there ez! please explain :? :?:

Pista
Cureboi

Some Herbert corrected the description. Can't think who that could have been :innocent:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

eastmidswhizzkid wrote: 09 Oct 2021, 02:40

Listen to the guitars near the end = snubnose
Goths have feelings too
eastmidswhizzkid

paint it black wrote: 09 Oct 2021, 14:44
eastmidswhizzkid wrote: 09 Oct 2021, 02:40

Listen to the guitars near the end = snubnose
ah yes- thanks Ez. the similiarity is even more noticeable if you jigger the bpm up to match. not an out-and-out steal, like say, when you dont see me/ rainbow in the dark , but not dissimilar.