2024-01-21. Carlswerk Viktoria, Köln DE

Are we still here!? Gig news, reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on The Sisters 2024 tour.
ruffers
Overbomber

Jan wrote: 26 Jan 2024, 20:04
ruffers wrote: 26 Jan 2024, 17:24 Not again :roll:
Nah … at one point during the gig (earlier on) it seemed like Von was asking Kai about it (my best guess after all the guitar swapping) and Kai just responded with two thumbs up and played on.
I was jesting a little, but thanks for the reassurance :von:
Chucking another log on
Being645
Wiki Wizard

An wrote: 26 Jan 2024, 07:54 Thank You very much dear being for the passionate review.
Oh well, I render myself ridiculous and might look for better ways to regulate distances ... :wink: ... however, that beautiful setlist of The Sisters continued with Summer like here in this pretty video from Ingo, thanks to you, Ingo ... :D :notworthy: ...

Where I stood though, very far left on Ben's side, the rhythm started, transitioning from Alice, and .............. nothing.
Ever more seconds passed without the riff starting ... :eek: :eek: :eek: ... and I looked over to The Doktor and saw Chris Catalyst,
immediately reminded of the days when he played guitars with The Sisters and so rocking particular on this song ... and now?
Chris Catalyst like an assimilated borg at The Doktor and Summer without, well itself ... :( :( :( ... my faith in what was to come
completely staggered for a moment. The rest of the audience, though, seemed to hear everything alright... :eek: :( :? ... Then, fortunately,
the guitars became audible, not very loud, but audible and Eldritch's voice rang on strong through the track with that Summer-common
growl and yearn. All fine... :D ...

Dominion followed, straight synths and vocals, guitars a bit low but clear (no video to find) and with I Will Call You
The Sisters were back on full rocking means, ending my peripheral concentration on sound issues and what... :D :D :D ...

Being645
Wiki Wizard

I absolutely loved this fast version of Marian ... a relieving rebound from all the traditional load ... not departing
too far from the original, but with a new exciting stance ... yeah ... beautifully done ... :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: ...
So here it is again, thanks to you, Jan ... :D :notworthy: ...

Jan
Amphetamine Filth

Being645 wrote: 28 Jan 2024, 16:11 I absolutely loved this fast version of Marian ... a relieving rebound from all the traditional load ... not departing
too far from the original, but with a new exciting stance ... yeah ... beautifully done ... :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: ...
So here it is again, thanks to you, Jan ... :D :notworthy: ...

You are very welcome :-)

"For, in the final analysis, our most basic common link is that we all inhabit this planet. We all breathe the same air. We all cherish our children's future. And we are all mortal." (John F. Kennedy, 1963)
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Funny, what happened to the Marian video ... :lol: ... thanks again for the reupload, Jan ... :) ... and also
for Giving Ground ... oh, that incantatory bass line and then Vons vocals ... he sometimes sounds like a
primeval dragon nowadays with sharp fangs roaring from the mist and waiting to pounce on the next
careless trespasser ... :evil: :twisted: ;D ...

Eyes of Caligula ... so much better with the guitars here than where I was, thanks MrBlonde ... :) :notworthy:
but on the other hand, I had the full benefit of great synths and Andrew's vocals loud and clear...

... and impressing, sometimes even like in the first days of Vision Thing , but still, next time, as soon as I can,
I'll return to my spot somewhere eighth row on the right side ... or maybe to the front row ... ;D ;D ;D ...

Unfortunately, there is no video of But Genevieve. This version was just perfect, with its drive culminating just as it should be (in my imagination) ... mere joy. I Was Wrong is also missing, though I remember that the further on the concert proceeded the more I could hear the guitars and lots of lovely hidden bits in the arrangement. Also when Kai came over I could hear his guitar clearly louder. I think he fits wonderful into The Sisters ... :D :D :D ... although, due to my habit to close my eyes and lift off listening, I had nearly missed to see him at all , what a waste and loss ...

Anyway, I give you a break now from my review ... :innocent: :lol: ... more next ...
profalibori
Road Kill

H. Blackrose wrote: 22 Jan 2024, 20:46 I note Kai playing electric rather than acoustic on "Here", and I'm not sure I like it
I am not sure wether Kai even played the guitar on that night... I did not recognize it.