2024-01-30 .Trix, Antwerp BE

Are we still here!? Gig news, reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on The Sisters 2024 tour.
Peter KJ
Amphetamine Filth

Virginmarys that was a blast!
Chris on stage soundchecking the doctor
Being645
Above the Chemist

Hah, that's good to hear ... :notworthy: :notworthy: ...
Gothicbiff
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

And Ben put something on FB few minutes ago, saying final night of the tour
:D
I have seen The Sisters at The Paradiso. I will die happy
With massive thanks to Ruffers for his company and help.
A girl is never too old to wear a Sisters tshirt!
mh
Above the Chemist

Reports that it's happening. :notworthy:
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Being645
Above the Chemist

Toi, toi, toi to The Sisters then ... :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: ...
FireInReptileHouse

Set from a pic of set list on FB
Jeep/Det
Don't Drive on ice
Ribbons
Alice
Summer
Dominion
I will call you
Marian
Giving Ground
Caligula
More
Genevieve
I was wrong
Here
When I'm on fire
Beach
Temple
Lucretia
Corrosion
Seems to be the same
we will steal what we cannot buy when all is stole from us
Gift
Road Kill

Sounded like Von had something to prove. Great vocals is what stood out for me this time and obvious good spirits.
H. Blackrose

Maybe TSOM have a touring future if only they can take a day off between every gig

But now I bet Von is going to try to negotiate Gent and Eindhoven (maybe Porto) gigs around Bratislava in June
"We're Hawkwind and this is a song about love."
Being645
Above the Chemist

Thanks for the short review Gift and thanks for the confirmation of the setlist FireInReptileHouse ... :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: ...

Now, it's time to sleep ... ;D ;D ;D ... Good night ... ;D ;D ;D ...
ruffers
Overbomber

Phew
Chucking another log on, reversing the polarity of the neutron flow
Peter KJ
Amphetamine Filth

Perfect gig from the Sisters. Band in very good mood. A lot of smiles on stage. I think everyone was happy to end this tour with a final good gig. Made some videos (Ribbons, Genevieve and Here) will post the YouTube links here when they are uploaded.
I’m gonna miss these evenings with Sisters AND Virginmarys on stage …
ribbons69
Slight Overbomber

H. Blackrose wrote: 30 Jan 2024, 23:31 Maybe TSOM have a touring future if only they can take a day off between every gig

But now I bet Von is going to try to negotiate Gent and Eindhoven (maybe Porto) gigs around Bratislava in June
PLYC
"I've seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I've given him the benefit of the doubt"
Tom G Warrior of Celtic Frost

we fall to rise
hellboy69

8) Thank goff for that!
H. Blackrose

H. Blackrose

At the end of the gig, Chris came out from behind the Doktor to hug Ben and distribute setlists. Does he usually do that? For some reason it reminded me of Neil Peart doing similar at the last ever Rush concert.
Husek

This is probably the best version of corrosion I ever heard the girls playing live.
Project Personal Dok
Hardware: 100% (Single Hackintosh)
AU: 90%
Software: 90%
The Final Floorshow - My Own Sisters T-Shirt Shop
Moving forehead
Road Kill

Nice to hear Kai playing Here so well! Dynamic decisions throghout the song like it was his thing from the beginning:)
Icon
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

H. Blackrose wrote: 31 Jan 2024, 04:45 At the end of the gig, Chris came out from behind the Doktor to hug Ben and distribute setlists. Does he usually do that? For some reason it reminded me of Neil Peart doing similar at the last ever Rush concert.
He did this in.Berlin too. As well as last autumn if I recall correctly. Thankfully no sign of finishing touring for ever.
Peter KJ
Amphetamine Filth

My videos from Trix

Ribbons:

A wonderfull But Genevieve:

Here:

H. Blackrose

Wow, on "But Genevieve", Kai is as cute as a button :kiss:
Being645
Above the Chemist

Hah, I'm so pleased to see The Sisters doing this final show of the winter tour at TRIX and all the wonderful videos again ...:notworthy: ;D :notworthy: ;D :notworthy: ... starting with Don't Drive On Ice ... the song has now (eventually, took long enough) fully settled with me and it's perfectly arranged by now... and all the other new songs and videos ... both versions of Here are just great ... :notworthy: :notworthy: ... many thanks for all these ... I've integrated them already (and a few more) ... :D ...

Now all the best to Esprit D'Air and Diamond Black for their touring from February to April and, above all, to Andrew for a thorough recovery from whatever has beaten him up again and again over the past few months ... :) ...
Depprocksfarfar
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Being645 wrote: 31 Jan 2024, 11:54 Hah, I'm so pleased to see The Sisters doing this final show of the winter tour at TRIX and all the wonderful videos again ...:notworthy: ;D :notworthy: ;D :notworthy: ... starting with Don't Drive On Ice ... the song has now (eventually, took long enough) fully settled with me and it's perfectly arranged by now... and all the other new songs and videos ... both versions of Here are just great ... :notworthy: :notworthy: ... many thanks for all these ... I've integrated them already (and a few more) ... :D ...

Now all the best to Esprit D'Air and Diamond Black for their touring from February to April and, above all, to Andrew for a thorough recovery from whatever has beaten him up again and again over the past few months ... :) ...
...and to Chris with Ugly Kid Joe in mars/april with opening act The Virginmarys :D It´s just one big family, aint it? :lol:
Being645
Above the Chemist

Depprocksfarfar wrote: 31 Jan 2024, 11:59
Being645 wrote: 31 Jan 2024, 11:54 Hah, I'm so pleased to see The Sisters doing this final show of the winter tour at TRIX and all the wonderful videos again ...:notworthy: ;D :notworthy: ;D :notworthy: ... starting with Don't Drive On Ice ... the song has now (eventually, took long enough) fully settled with me and it's perfectly arranged by now... and all the other new songs and videos ... both versions of Here are just great ... :notworthy: :notworthy: ... many thanks for all these ... I've integrated them already (and a few more) ... :D ...

...and to Chris with Ugly Kid Joe in mars/april with opening act The Virginmarys :D It´s just one big family, aint it? :lol:
Ha-ha, cool I didn't know that ... :lol: ... and yeah, Chris is in best hands with Ugly Kid Joe. I was pleased to hear it when he played with them the first time already years ago... ;D ... and he's done so again recently ... :D ... unfortunately, since Twitter turned to X, it's become far more difficult for me to follow what everybody does, because I'm not on FB, insta and all that stuff... :wink: ...

But yeah, best to Chris and Ugly Kid Joe as well ... ;D :notworthy: ... hi-hi, and of course to the terrific The Virginmarys ... ;D :notworthy: ....
Gift
Road Kill

You can find some pictures from the show in this wetransfer:
https://we.tl/t-N9nadxLU94
DocSommer
Slight Overbomber

Depprocksfarfar wrote: 31 Jan 2024, 11:59

Nice!!!! I bought a ticket for the gig in Hamburg because I wanted to see the VM again (and check out what UKJ is doing these days, too). Didn't knew that Chris joined the force so that's a bonus for me I guess :lol: :lol: