2024-09-17: The Baltimore Soundstage, Baltimore, MD, USA

Are we still here!? Gig news, reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on The Sisters 2024 tour.
H. Blackrose
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

One day I'll be able to read one of these threads without the grim foreboding that the gig was cancelled.

One day.
"We're Hawkwind and this is a song about love." - :von: , 1993

"We will miss them when they are gone" - M. Andrews, 2024
sharedgum
Road Kill

Sorry to have missed this show, sounds like it was a good one! Incidentally, Amenra, who were hand-picked to open for the SIsters a few years back, were playing at the same venue on Monday night (9/16), and the timing for me to see them was better than the Sisters the following night. They put on an amazing show - I highly recommend them for the Sisters fans with heavy metal leanings.

Anyway, back to the Sisters, I am glad that this tour seems to have gotten off to a strong start and that those who have gone to see them seem very pleased with the presentation!
ribbons69
Slight Overbomber

sharedgum wrote: Yesterday, 23:40 Sorry to have missed this show, sounds like it was a good one! Incidentally, Amenra, who were hand-picked to open for the SIsters a few years back, were playing at the same venue on Monday night (9/16), and the timing for me to see them was better than the Sisters the following night. They put on an amazing show - I highly recommend them for the Sisters fans with heavy metal leanings.

Amenra supported at The Roundhouse a few years ago, musically I thought they were really good but the singer spent most of the gig with his back to the audience so that put me off I'm afraid.
"I've seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I've given him the benefit of the doubt"
Tom G Warrior of Celtic Frost

we fall to rise
sharedgum
Road Kill

ribbons69 wrote: Today, 00:07
sharedgum wrote: Yesterday, 23:40 Sorry to have missed this show, sounds like it was a good one! Incidentally, Amenra, who were hand-picked to open for the SIsters a few years back, were playing at the same venue on Monday night (9/16), and the timing for me to see them was better than the Sisters the following night. They put on an amazing show - I highly recommend them for the Sisters fans with heavy metal leanings.

Amenra supported at The Roundhouse a few years ago, musically I thought they were really good but the singer spent most of the gig with his back to the audience so that put me off I'm afraid.
Yes, but could you hear the singer? Haha, sorry, I couldn't resist, even though it seems like people have been able to hear Andrew just fine during the current tour, and the videos sound good. I didn't have an issue with his positioning - the Amenra singer seemed to be facing the drummer when he was screaming, but was facing the crowd during quiet passages. And he seemed to be putting every ounce of his energy into the performance.

Anyway, I know that the setlist seems pretty much set, but I wish, for those in attendance, that the Sisters had done Something Fast in Baltimore.
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Here is - thanks to Kurt Seip - a full show video of the Soundstage Show ... niccce ... :D :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: ...

A full video of Blaqk Audio is also in this channel ... :wink: ...

Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

For everyone moaning about a lack of videos, paraphrasing Von from the Roundhouse in 2021, as Sisters people you'd think you'd have learned a little patience :wink: ;D

And lo .....

Massive thanks to the filmer, though not on YT as comments are turned off.
If you were asking my opinion then I would say delete that.
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

:lol: :lol: :lol: beat me to it by a minute Sabine! :lol: :lol: :lol: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :kiss:
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Planet Dave wrote: Today, 08:00 :lol: :lol: :lol: beat me to it by a minute Sabine! :lol: :lol: :lol: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :kiss:
... :lol: ... doesn't matter, it's such a nice show ... :D ... listening to it right now and just reached Here ... eventually some recordings of the great new songs in this video ... ;D ...

We can do a video bootleg page in the SistersWiki, if you ... :D :lol: ...
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

I'm busy with a medication administration course at the mo, well, that and Call Of Duty, so covers may be a while. Also, somewhat selfishly, I'm less inspired to physically make the bootlegs these days as I've simply ran out of room on the shelves for CDs and almost for DVDs. There's around 360 Sisters bootleg CDs in our living room :lol:
LyanvisAberrant

ribbons69 wrote: Today, 00:07

I found that very affective for some reason, when he finally turned round it was like phwoaaaar look at this nutters face
A man with a fictitious grin pondered the terrain in which he flooded with anguish, for this is England. The lion cannot be tamed, this is the game.
LyanvisAberrant

Planet Dave wrote: Today, 08:00 For everyone moaning about a lack of videos, paraphrasing Von from the Roundhouse in 2021, as Sisters people you'd think you'd have learned a little patience :wink: ;D

And lo .....

Massive thanks to the filmer, though not on YT as comments are turned off.
I'll quote you instead to make up for that one minute?

Anybody catch why Von said "we're not playing that song" before the encore?
A man with a fictitious grin pondered the terrain in which he flooded with anguish, for this is England. The lion cannot be tamed, this is the game.
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Planet Dave wrote: Today, 09:30 I'm busy with a medication administration course at the mo, well, that and Call Of Duty, so covers may be a while. Also, somewhat selfishly, I'm less inspired to physically make the bootlegs these days as I've simply ran out of room on the shelves for CDs and almost for DVDs. There's around 360 Sisters bootleg CDs in our living room :lol:
... :lol: ... that wonderful "new" shelve already full ?! ... :lol: ...

Anyway, We would need some hi-res download of the video from YT, which seems not that easy this year, I've noticed. I can download only minimum quality stuff with the programme I use. And I don't know any other to do it better. Otherwise I could create some stuff, if necessary...
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Being645 wrote: Today, 17:34
Planet Dave wrote: Today, 09:30 I'm busy with a medication administration course at the mo, well, that and Call Of Duty, so covers may be a while. Also, somewhat selfishly, I'm less inspired to physically make the bootlegs these days as I've simply ran out of room on the shelves for CDs and almost for DVDs. There's around 360 Sisters bootleg CDs in our living room :lol:

Anyway, We would need some hi-res download of the video from YT, which seems not that easy this year, I've noticed. I can download only minimum quality stuff with the programme I use. And I don't know any other to do it better. Otherwise I could create some stuff, if necessary...
Aye I'd noticed that too whilst downloading the Metallica Seattle shows the other week. In fairness 720p is fine by me, but I get that maybe not for others. Anyway it's a good front row recording of the show, which sounds like they've picked up where they left off on the UK tour last year, ie banging 8) :notworthy:
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Planet Dave wrote: Today, 19:06
Being645 wrote: Today, 17:34

Aye I'd noticed that too whilst downloading the Metallica Seattle shows the other week. In fairness 720p is fine by me, but I get that maybe not for others. Anyway it's a good front row recording of the show, which sounds like they've picked up where they left off on the UK tour last year, ie banging 8) :notworthy:
Absolutely, they work even more perfectly hand in hand now ... ;D ... and one could draw at least the sound from the vid ... :wink: :) ... * thinking things over ... :lol: ...
Eggi1
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Anyway, back to the Sisters, I am glad that this tour seems to have gotten off to a strong start and that those who have gone to see them seem very pleased with the presentation!
I went to both shows. The Amenra gig was much better. Better audience and sound.
266 GIGS
34 COUNTRIES
over 200.000 MILES

and i want more ...

Baltimore
Philadelphia
New York City