What song that hasn't been performed recently would you like to hear again?

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Husek
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

The one thing I notice about this thread is that most of us are essentially asking for the same setlist we had back in late 90s/mid 00s. Kiss the Carpet, Flood 2, VT, FALAA, Something Fast, Train, Body Electric.

I'm all for the new songs, and I really love them (On the Beach and Caligula are masterpieces). But I'd take Kiss The Carpet, Come Together, Logic , Fix, or even Anaconda over them any day.
Project Personal Dok
Hardware: 100% (Single Hackintosh)
AU: 90%
Software: 90%
The Final Floorshow - My Own Sisters T-Shirt Shop
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

NineWhileNine wrote: 13 Aug 2024, 05:04
eastmidswhizzkid wrote: 10 Aug 2024, 07:49
mh wrote: 10 Aug 2024, 07:29

It's just the version they did that mixed in parts of the Phantom guitar line but (as usual) left out half the words.

One of those things where you might initially think it's neat, but you'd really just prefer to hear Floorshow done right.

I don't think Von would be up to doing Floorshow, at least not without major support from backing vocals, these days anyway.
sounds awful to be honest. even Andrew isnt allowed to fuck about with my beloved Sisters songs. :lol:
I kinda love the Phantom Riff tho. like andrew’s voice sounds like s**t but that riff goes hard
i must have been feeling particularly jaded when i lstened to this last time as it sounds a whole lot better now! :lol: it must have been a real buzz to hear it live after all those years.
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Being645
Wiki Wizard

They could do Always Look On The Brigjt Side Of Life again ... :) ...
tooyoung
Road Kill

Some Kind of Stranger
Nine While Nine
Driven Like the Snow
Neverland
Lights
Heartland
War on Drugs
Slept
Mary Bell, we knew you well...
jost 7
Slight Overbomber

Black Planet (of course)
Walk Away
Body and Soul
Floorshow (real)
Some Kind of Strange

so LLoyds, whats more likely? this or Trump becoming president of Russia?
love is just a shot away
sam1
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Possession would be grand to hear again, along with Neverland...we live in hope!....and while we are on the subject, Driven Like The Snow is well overdue a debut.........
DJW
Road Kill

Couldn’t agree more re Driven Lije The Snow. Struggling to imagine why Von has never performed it.

Would make for a very atmospheric set opener with an extended intro IMHO
ruffers
Overbomber

Floorshow. He can mumble through it but get the Doctor on song and it's dream come true time for me.
Chucking another log on
Jeremiah
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

I don't follow all the news about set lists so I'm not sure when they last played it, but Vision Thing would make a great opener for the current set.
I tried to tell her
About Marx and Eldritch, God and angels
I don't really know what for.