Sisters and chemical enhancement

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
shagriml
Road Kill

Alcohol, speed, weed and cigarettes does the trick for me.

I'm sure that speed had a lot of effect on the Sisters.

btw. right now I'm listening to Amphetamine Logic 8)
Some people get by
with a little understanding.
Some people get high
with a whole lot more.
Nic
Slight Overbomber

Ozpat wrote:I prefer alcohol.... :innocent:
Aye, give me a pint or two and I'm happy. :wink:
All We Ever Wanted Was Everything
jay
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

I no longer get very wrought up over the liminals

timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

Chairman Bux wrote:
Dave Whelan wrote:Temple Of Love (any vers) and Ribbons are ace when loved up.
You spend all that money on recreational "happy" drugs and then you listen to The Sisters? Some people have no sense of occaision...
Dave Whelan wrote:Absolutely everything else by The Sisters is aided by speed.

Unfortunately, lyrics can prove a bit tricky when mashed. :eek:
Ditto, to both points.
Wow, the Chairman used to 'whore the count, as well! Good, er, man.

I have to second Dave and Bux's point, a lot of early Sisters stuff rocks even heavier when amped. However, Tim Sinister himself does not; I have an annoying tendancy to shout along, and often return and set Ribbons to repeat. For six hours. Whoops.
stefan moermans
Slight Overbomber

Nic wrote:
Ozpat wrote:I prefer alcohol.... :innocent:
Aye, give me a pint or two and I'm happy. :wink:
:D :D hey hey count me in some duvel or wine. :lol: :lol: Must say that i've never listened this much to the sisters as the last 5 monts. ;D ;D Starts to get pathetic :twisted: but i must say that the music is strong enough to be appreciated for what it is. :von: :von:

sisters rule :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
MUSICA È
Maisey
Slight Overbomber

This leads me nicely onto a topic I was about to start.

Firstly, you know how they say that figures in the media affect young peoples decisions? They were right. I've been listening to the Sisters and Rosetta Stone way too much to not take Amphetamines. I am looking forward to it, but I have passed up the last few times. The only times I smoke weed is with the same few friends, none of whom are sisters fans, so I have never been high or stoned and in contact with the sisters. (I refuse to take drugs on my own, I do it because of the shared experience) Because it is my good friend James who supplies the weed 99% of the time we usually end up listening to Syd Barrat or his latest Trip Hop phase (massive attack last time).

My next question is this. Wake looked to me what I would imagine an acid trip to look like. Has anybody watched Wake on LSD? Has this lead to any strange experiences?
Nationalise the f**king lot.
canon docre
Overbomber

Maisey wrote: My next question is this. Wake looked to me what I would imagine an acid trip to look like. Has anybody watched Wake on LSD? Has this lead to any strange experiences?
:lol: :lol:

If being on a trip would be as boring as watching Wake I 'd have stayed with one single trip.

I'd strongly believe that Wake looks a lot more interesting when on LSD, but then, on LSD everything looks a lot more interesting.
Put their heads on f*cking pikes in front of the venue for all I care.
GC
Slight Overbomber

"...on LSD everything looks a lot more interesting."

Especially Disney's Aladdin.
canon docre
Overbomber

Gollum's Cock wrote:"...on LSD everything looks a lot more interesting."

I spent many funny hours with this one....

Put their heads on f*cking pikes in front of the venue for all I care.
eotunun
Overbomber

:notworthy: :lol: :lol: :notworthy:
There is shadow under this red rock
Nic
Slight Overbomber

Maisey wrote:Because it is my good friend James who supplies the weed 99% of the time we usually end up listening to Syd Barrat or his latest Trip Hop phase (massive attack last time).
So that's what Blast busy himself with... :innocent:
nitestorm
Road Kill

at the last gig i went to, manchester 04.05.06, i was perfectly sober, in the legal term of the word, but i do take painkillers on prescription, and they do have a trippy effect, great to look at the pretty lights, but vons voice was well low in the mix to me, most of the time i just went with the flow, it was a good gig under the influence, the first gig i went to in manchester, 97, i was well stoned, that was good too. but right about now, the keys on this keyboard are not staying in one place. stupid painkillers :lol: :lol: :lol:
Spigel
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Afterhours for me is a great one to listen to under the influence of any of the recently mentioned substances and even better while on all of the recently mention substances.

Out of the sky :twisted:
Maisey
Slight Overbomber

Was talking to a man today. Was offered 'Meth Amphetamine' But suddenly Meth+Vons face came together in my mind and it seemed like a bad idea. I'll just take the second half thank you.

*is excited*
Maisey
Slight Overbomber

Something in my mind makes this connection:

Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

canon docre wrote:
Gollum's Cock wrote:"...on LSD everything looks a lot more interesting."

I spent many funny hours with this one....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :notworthy:

Has to be said though, FAL and Body&Soul off of Wake, whilst in Amsterdam with a 'punnet' of Hawaiian in full cry, was pretty trippy. :twisted: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :P
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
_emma_
Overbomber

Question: Is it the chemicals that enhance the experience of listening to the Sisters, or is it the Sisters that enhance the experience of using the chemicals? Imagine a trip to a place with plenty of music to choose from - but no Sisters amongst it. :eek: :urff: Torture, isn't it?
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

_emma_ wrote:Question: Is it the chemicals that enhance the experience of listening to the Sisters, or is it the Sisters that enhance the experience of using the chemicals? Imagine a trip to a place with plenty of music to choose from - but no Sisters amongst it. :eek: :urff: Torture, isn't it?
Depends, do they have Neil Diamond? :D
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
DGP00666
Amphetamine Filth

Last week I was in Amsterdam :wink: and I remembered why I love this album so much... with shiitake, thank you :innocent:

You are very very bad people and you must be punished
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

_emma_ wrote:Question: Is it the chemicals that enhance the experience of listening to the Sisters, or is it the Sisters that enhance the experience of using the chemicals? Imagine a trip to a place with plenty of music to choose from - but no Sisters amongst it. :eek: :urff: Torture, isn't it?
true story: i was once locked in a room on acid and all they had was the orb, pink fluffy clouds, on repeat. eventually a friend could take it no more and jumped out the window.

we were two floors up :lol: :lol:

tip: don't go to casualty on acid :eek:
Goths have feelings too
Nic
Slight Overbomber

Another tip: don't use acid.
Badass
Amphetamine Filth

Nic wrote:Another tip: don't use acid.
:eek:
maybe we would not be here if some people never had started using acid...
This is not revenche, this is punishment
Nic
Slight Overbomber

Well it's ok when you're a rockstar. :wink:
Snakes
Road Kill

My "holy trinity" if you will, is SSW (speed, weed and wine)

And the Sisters sound great with all of them.

Much to my immense dissapointment its very hard to find good acid here, otherwise there would be a fourth.

I love listening to music stoned too, except i hate smoking so i cook with it. Stronger, longer and hey presto! no lung cancer!

And my two cents (for what little theyre worth), is dont dive headfirst into drugs, by all means try 'em if youre careful, and if/when you find something that agrees with you, stick with that and use your brain.
smiscandlon
Overbomber

Very responsible, thanks for the advice.
анархия