Should Von go Solo?

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
James Blast
Banned

see the initial reply, and what the hell has happened to your avatar DI?
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Serendipityhaven
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

hey :) BP,
the babies are still smiling and flying in the face of adversity with a grace and resilliance i donmt expect to see anywhere else in my life time.

some things have left a shadown in me tho.dont think thats likely to fade away,maybe lose its edge with time,maybe not....

its an honour to just watch them being.

was kind of you to ask. :)
You know you're something special,
And you look like you're the best
mugabe
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

AndyTheGoth wrote:I remember reading "somewhere" :eek: around 92/93 that Von wanted to do small gigs, with just him, a piano and small backing band. It would appear the record company (Warners/Electra?) disagreed and would not allow to do this. Can anyone confirm this "information"?
Considering he allegedly cannot play the guitar and sing at the same time, this seems utter bollocks. Or would it be a small band, a piano player, and Eldritch? I still shudder at the very thought of Nick Cave's last few incredibly crap albums.
Nothing ventured, nothing lost
Black Planet
Andrew's Love Goddess

Serendipityhaven wrote:hey :) BP,
the babies are still smiling and flying in the face of adversity with a grace and resilliance i donmt expect to see anywhere else in my life time.

some things have left a shadown in me tho.dont think thats likely to fade away,maybe lose its edge with time,maybe not....

Shadows don't fade quickly... I know from experience. Take care of yourself and your babies.
Erudite
Slight Overbomber

Black Planet wrote:
Serendipityhaven wrote:hey :) BP,

Shadows don't fade quickly... I know from experience. Take care of yourself and your babies.
In my experience shadows never fade, you just have less reason to think about them, or more recent wrongs to consider.
But then I am a man more bitter than most, with far less reason than some.

Some day I shall recognised the hurt people for the poor wretches that they are and forgive them their transgressions.

Until then take comfort in the cliche where there is life there is hope.
The will is a marvellous thing.
You are what you drink - I'm a bitter man!
Serendipityhaven
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

hey thanks to both BP+Erudite.
:notworthy:
is kind of a relief to know theres people who understand what i mean...

my absence was because id unwittingly posted on here about some stuff which i hand t meant to and as a result didnt really want to be around here...kind of opnened up wounds which were far from healing,and brought it al the the fore ina very public way...

unfortunately,such is life...several other particlualrly horrible things followed in quick succession.

you know where you reach a crossroads where you either lie down and die or get angry burn the f*ckers...well i s'pose thinnly disguised fury is where im at right now and as ive noticed here is bleeding through into my writing and posts in forums all over.

part of healing perhaps,i dont know since ive never encountered anything close to this in my life before.

for those who do understand-i thank you for your patience and kindness,for those of you who dont....whatever.
You know you're something special,
And you look like you're the best