Sell out?

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.

WEA: Lose the Amphetamine. Eldritch: OK. Fans: Sell out?

Yes
26%
No
48%
Fnck off you tw@t
26%

Total votes: 31
Thrash Harry
Utterly Bastard Filthy

d00mw0lf wrote:AE = exists soley to make profit
This may be true of the man you have come to know, but it wasn't of the band we thought we knew.
Go to sleep now, Francis.
JonnyDelphium
Road Kill

why get worked up about it? Its one word. Whats more offensive is, say, something like Electric Six's "Gay Bar" video being shown on TV with the word war removed!
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

JonnyDelphium wrote:why get worked up about it? Its one word. Whats more offensive is, say, something like Electric Six's "Gay Bar" video being shown on TV with the word war removed!
agreed. that was just insulting...
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Thrash Harry
Utterly Bastard Filthy

JonnyDelphium wrote:why get worked up about it?
I think you're confusing me with someone else. I just find it interesting how people's perception of the Sisters differs depending on when they got to know them. They were the only band that I happened to come across quite early on their career and kept my interest for about two years. You said on another thread that you bought your first Sisters record when you were 10. What was it? And how did a 10 year old get to know the Sisters? They hadn't done Top Of The Pops or The Tube by then had they?
JonnyDelphium
Road Kill

Mainly coz we had a decent indie record shop called The RockBox which used to have pretty much every indie and metal release on its shelves or could order it for you. I think at the time I'd seen a poster for "Temple" and thought it looked pretty f**ked so I got that and loved it and then got all their other releases(which were all pretty much freely available at the time)..Then of course FALAA came out. My interest continued but I lost had lost interest by VT but then had it re-aroused with the 2 CD compilations that came out.

BTW, my "Why Get worked up about it" comment was directed at the topic of this poll, not at you at all...
Thrash Harry
Utterly Bastard Filthy

Thanks for the reply. Temple was a big breakthrough for them. Not sure the follow ups lived up to it though - for me at least. I'd lost interest after stumbling across Gift, without knowing it was a spoiler. Had my interest re-awakened a few years ago when in a very boring job with easy access to the internet and my son had started getting into nu-metal (he's grown out of it now!) I wish I knew what those four stars stood for. You used them when referring to The Reptile House in another post (not that I'm stalking you or anything). I assume they're a compliment.
JonnyDelphium
Road Kill

Well, I'm not sure which post you're referring to but it wouldn't have been an insult to The Reptile House EP as it probably remains my fave Sisters record
James Blast
Banned

Well said Thrash, Gift was a spoiler and with hindsight not a great piece of product.

Just my view of course.
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Thrash Harry
Utterly Bastard Filthy

JonnyDelphium wrote:Well, I'm not sure which post you're referring to but it wouldn't have been an insult to The Reptile House EP as it probably remains my fave Sisters record
Well alright!
James Blast
Banned

As Justin of The Darkness says 'geetarr!'
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Thrash Harry
Utterly Bastard Filthy

Red Sunsets wrote:Well said Thrash, Gift was a spoiler and with hindsight not a great piece of product.

Just my view of course.
Jeez Sunsets. Look at your daily post count. Aintcha got no home ta go to? :wink:
James Blast
Banned

How can I put this politely....

F**K Off Thrash!
~ Peter Steele
Thrash Harry
Utterly Bastard Filthy

No need to be so polite, old boy.
zigeunerweisen
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Haven't The Sisters played at sell out venues before?
Sorry, me go :roll: