A very Special Relationship

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Andy TG
Overbomber

RicheyJames wrote:
AndyTheGoth wrote:Its starts with a C - and rhymes with "Aunt" :-)
can't? brian cant?
Sarcasm is so YOU! :notworthy:
This Is Not Ordinary S & M
This Is M & S S & M
RicheyJames
Bad Tempered Young Man

i do try
"contradictions are meaningless, there's nothing to betray"
RicheyJames
Bad Tempered Young Man

depends on what she means by "safer". if she means it makes her safer from random abuse and p*ss-taking then she has a fair point...
khepri II
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

the definitive assassination theory is on telly this week

the bible code II is on telly this week

he's so powerful he talks to God. Oh sorry God talks to him

couldn't give a s**t about the War, very worried about erosion of civil liberties and pre-emptive defense strategies. can't wait for the first protestor to be shot by over zealous goons. should be a hoot. Probably on telly this week
Just remember this. This rabble you keep talking about does most of the working, paying and dying in this community.
RicheyJames
Bad Tempered Young Man

khepri II wrote:couldn't give a **** about the War, very worried about erosion of civil liberties and pre-emptive defense strategies.
err... but the erosion of your civil liberties is a direct consequence of the war??
Black Planet
Andrew's Love Goddess

Snub Nose wrote:http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/3276911.stm

"I travel quite a lot now I'm here and we get told
to say we're from Canada as it's much safer."

-that is one of dumbest things I've ever heard
I was in England this past June. Everyone I met was nice to me. Nobody abused me because I am an American, [which is quite obvious when I speak] and they can't tolerate my countries global actions.

To be honest I think that's just plain petty. And probably not the case in the majority.

Well, the only abuse I got was from an asshole who wouldn't pierce my ear. Went to the next shop..and got it done without a fuss. :wink:
MrChris
Slight Overbomber

In the past I couldn't decide whether Bush is an utter t**t or someone who knows exactly what he's doing. On reflection, I think he knows more or less what he's doing, and probably thinks a lot of it is more or less right. That's doesn't mean he's not a dangerous looney in practice, though. I happen to think Thatcher was a highly principled politician, with firm principles that she was prepared to stick by. I also think that, judged by her record, she was the most twisted, misguided, destructive post-war political leader in the whole of Europe, even more brazen than Berlusconi et al in her own way. So I think it's easy to say someone like Bush is stupid or corrupt, and it's also amusing, and also kind of comforting. But you don't win elections by laughing at people, and the idea that just because he looks like a chimp he's going to go away is a long way off the truth. So, nasty and brutal (from my point of view), yes, stupid no, morally bankrupt, surprisingly, no.
Chris

---------------------------------------------
Again and again and again...
cocoamix
Amphetamine Filth

Feed him lots of pretzels while he's there, please.
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

cocoamix wrote:Feed him lots of pretzels while he's there, please.
Heeheehee - you're very naughty! :twisted: :wink: :von:
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
khepri II

RicheyJames wrote:
khepri II wrote:couldn't give a **** about the War, very worried about erosion of civil liberties and pre-emptive defense strategies.
err... but the erosion of your civil liberties is a direct consequence of the war??
....err the War on Terror, I'd say yes and as the Gulf War was part of the War on Terror, then yes, i suppose i would :roll:

checkout bible code II :wink:
Just remember this. This rabble you keep talking about does most of the working, paying and dying in this community.
Andy TG
Overbomber

RicheyJames wrote:i do try
Perhaps I should have stayed slient, but I simply could not resist the opportunity: -

Yes you are "Trying" ;-)

On the subject of the Bush *cough* State Visit - does London have any "Grassy Knolls" :-) - I only ask out of interest!
This Is Not Ordinary S & M
This Is M & S S & M
Dan
Overbomber

AndyTheGoth wrote: On the subject of the Bush *cough* State Visit - does London have any "Grassy Knolls" :-) - I only ask out of interest!
Great minds think alike. I basically made the same joke on the 1st page.
MrChris
Slight Overbomber

While we weren't on the subject at all, I wish people would stop laughing at Dubya because he's from Texas. Because, after all, he isn't. He's a preppy, ivy-league-educated, well-connected, rich northerner, who only moved to Texas recently as part of a general strategy to appear to be everyone's slightly retarded but basically folksy neighbour. The awful thing is, it seems to have worked. I mean, does the guy have anything texan about him, other than the ranch and the big hat? Still, we seem to write him off as a Forrest Gump figure who somehow - whoops! - found himself in the White House. Just because he doesn't SEEM very intellectified, doesn't mean he isn't going to drill for dolphins in your back garden next week, does it?
Chris

---------------------------------------------
Again and again and again...
Clucking Belle
Amphetamine Filth

I sincerely urge internally to thank the people of Great Englandia for invitifying me to your lil' ol' town, and to Her Majesterious Queenification Of Elizabeth for having me to stay in the Buckingham Hilton.

I stand before you a most President in proudness, glorifacting in the endeavours of them folks with guns and helmets and stuff in Iraqistan and not forgetting our boys in the People's Republic of The Afghekistan Nation. May they maintain the peace for which they have enliberated the many downtrodden...ah... for.

I also wanna say this to those who would look to take the things away from those that have things that so far folks who would take things haven't taken away from...ah...them:

You can run but you can't jump. Hell no! This President ain't for jumping!

To those that jump, I say there will be no peace until the jumping is seen by the world for what it really is - the tyranny of the weak, the actions of the playground bully, the perversion of the math teacher in 4B, the dirty dirty behaviour of Mr McLintock in the woodwork class that afternoon, the depraved acts of a teenage boy with the neighbour's dog in the backyard in 1962...ah...all that stuff is not good... no.. not good at all... God... terrible... Especially when he bit back, that was real bad.

But hell we ain't here to talkerate about the math teacher or my drinking days. No sir. Not right now.

We are here to honorate his Most Royal Blairfulness and his mother Queen Elizabeth of Scot Land. I am truly proud to be rendered to visitificate the land where men are free to wear skirts, although I know I am not in that land but in the other land nearby that one, called Great Irengland. That is not to say that I disagree with men in skirts. Freedom to wear skirts is what our actions in Saudi Iraqia were all about and you should remember that.

God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen.
Loki
God of Mischief and Discord

Jeez, that is Bush. :eek:

Briliant! :notworthy:
Loki was never worshiped as the other Gods,
Which is quite understandable.
Black Dahlia
Elegantly Wasted

Most amusing Maj...er I mean Belle.
Hell is other people
Black Shuck
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth
Location: Sitting in a sleazy snack bar, sucking sickly sausage rolls

I love it when we get all political!

its important to remember that there ARE issues in the world that are nearly as important as the new Sisters album.
Gazza for England manager
James Blast
Banned

Clucking Belle, our very own Dead Ringer, nice one :notworthy:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Thea
Overbomber

clucking belle - that's made my day!
khepri II

he had a f uck ing good put down line today though :notworthy: :notworthy:
Black Dahlia
Elegantly Wasted

Says it all really ....

Question: If you could live forever, would you and why? Answer: "I would
not live forever, because we should not live forever, because if we were
supposed to live forever, then we would live forever, but we cannot live
forever, which is why I would not live forever," --Miss Alabama in the
1994 Miss USA contest.

``````````````````````````````````
"Whenever I watch TV and see those poor starving kids
all over the world, I can't help but cry. I mean I'd love to be skinny
like that, but not with all those flies and death and stuff." --Mariah
Carey

````````````
"Smoking kills. If you're killed, you've lost a very important part of
your life," --Brooke Shields, during an interview to become Spokesperson
for federal anti-smoking campaign.

`````````````````````````````````````````````````
"I've never had major knee surgery on any other part of my body,"
--Winston Bennett, University of Kentucky basketball forward.

`````````````````````````````````````````````
"Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in
the country," --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington, DC.
`````````````````````````````
"I'm not going to have some reporters pawing through our papers. We are
the president." --Hillary Clinton commenting on the release of subpoenaed
documents.

````````````````````````````````````````````````````
"That lowdown scoundrel deserves to be kicked to death by a jackass, and
I'm just the one to do it," --A congressional candidate in Texas.

````````````````````````````
"I don't feel we did wrong in taking this great country away from them.
There were great numbers of people who needed new land, and the Indians
were selfishly trying to keep it for themselves." --John Wayne

```````````
"Half this game is ninety percent mental." --Philadelphia Phillies
manager, Danny Ozark
``````````````````````````````````
"It isn't pollution that's harming the environment. It's the impurities in

our air and water that are doing it." --Al Gore, Vice President
```````````````````
"I love California. I practically grew up in Phoenix." --Dan Quayle
``````````
" It's no exaggeration to say that the undecideds could go one way or
another" --George Bush, US President
``````````````````````
"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
--Lee Iacocca
```````````
"I was provided with additional input that was radically different from
the
truth. I assisted in furthering that version." --Colonel Oliver North,
from his Iran-Contra testimony.
`````````````````````````````````````````
"The word "genius" isn't applicable in football. A genius is a guy like
Norman Einstein." --Joe Theisman, NFL football quarterback & sports
analyst.
````````````````````````````````````````````
"We don't necessarily discriminate. We simply exclude certain types of
people." --Colonel Gerald Wellman, ROTC Instructor.
`````````````````````````````````
"If we don't succeed, we run the risk of failure." --Bill Clinton,
President
``````````````````
"We are ready for an unforeseen event that may or may not occur." --Al
Gore, VP
``````````
"Traditionally, most of Australia's imports come from overseas." --Keppel
Enderbery
```````````````
"Your food stamps will be stopped effective March 1992 because we received
notice that you passed away. May God bless you. You may reapply if there
is a change in your circumstances." --Department of Social Services,
Greenville, South Carolina

````````````````````````````````````````````
"If somebody has a bad heart, they can plug this jack in at night as they
go to bed and it will monitor their heart throughout the night. And the
next morning, when they wake up dead, there'll be a record." --Mark S.
Fowler, FCC Chairman
````````````````````````
Hell is other people
zigeunerweisen

RicheyJames wrote:
Quiff Boy wrote:bush is un-educated and ill-advised.
uneducated is at best arguable. he may not be particularly eloquent but that does not necessarily mean he's badly educated. as for "ill-advised" - it all depends on your perspective. the neo-cons at the heart of bush's inner circle probably think he's very well advised as do the business interests who put him into power in the first place. you may not agree with the advice he's getting but don't let that obscure the fact that that advice is coming from some very clever men (and women).
Actually Bush is the typical rich boy who never had to work to have everything he ever wanted. His dad put him in a good college where he graduated not thanks to his efforts, but thanks to his family money. Bush was a drug addict and a drunk, who suddenly found god. Can there be any worse combination than this?
But i agree with Richey when he says it depends on theperspective. True, Bush's office don't seem to know much about world affairs and think sheer force and brutality will work everything out. Well, as we're seing today, the people of Afganistan are not better off, the people of Iraq are not better off and the world is most certinly not a safer place. Everything people all around the world, particularly in Europe said it would happen, happened. The american strategy proved to be flawed and ineffective. But we all know that everyone in the White House is connected with big businesses and corporations, so the advise he's been getting are all bent in the profit above everything else policy. So, in this perspective, he might be getting good advise after all. The republicans are certainly not worried about what happens to other people outside the US, are they?
He's also emotionally stunted.
now i really have to take you to task here herr quiff. on what basis are you able to make this judgement? you've never met the man (i'm guessing but please feel free to correct me if you have) so how can you possibly make an assessment like this? that's not an attack by the way, i'm genuinely intrigued as to how you came to this conclusion.
He's a drunk, drug addict, emotionaly retarded man, that never achieved what his family, especially his dad, wanted him to. He found god (gasp), and become a fervent god fearing man, that wants everyone in the world to be as god fearing as him. He wants everyone to embrace his right wing, fascist, conservative philosophy.
Somehow this inarticulate, not very bright man, found himself sitting in the highest seat of the White house, damn, money can buy you everything
all these factors combine to make him totally unable to express himself in a given situation and prone to using made-up nonsense words, bullish redneck over-sentimentalism and meaningless and obfuscating PR/marketing buzzword sh*te.
see my above comments on bush's lack of eloquence. and be very careful as damning someone as stupid just because they are unable to effectively communicate their ideas. many incredibly intelligent people are appalling communicators.
Yeah, i agree with this, and sometimes i can't help wonder if he just acts this way to misleed people into thinking he is as dumb as a door, when in fact he's not.
zigeunerweisen

Black Shuck wrote:
CellThree wrote:I've gotta say that after I read Michael Moore's Stupid White Men, it confirmed all the things I thought about Bush to start with. Didn't realise that Clinton was actually just as bad as well though :/
I don't understand; you read one idiot's book, and it CONFIRMED things? Why should you believe anything that hyperactive clown says?

I hate Michael Moore far more than George Bush.
I wouldn't say i hate Michael Moore but i certainly think he's a little way off.
True, although he may look like your average american joe, obese, greasy looking, wearing his baseball cap all the time (yeah, i'm definitely not a fan of baseball caps), he certainly is more intelligent, articulate and less apathic that your average american, and that's always good, even if i don't agree with everything he says. At least he, in a day and age where everyone in the US shuts their mouth for fear of being labeled antipatriotic, still makes waves and gets people thinking. He actually makes some good points and shows very worrying facts about Bush and co., but his hatred for all things republican (i know republicans are even worse regarding democrats) makes him look a little nuts sometimes. It gets boring and irritating to read page after page after page how the white men is the single responsable for all the wrong and evil in the world, how the white men is this and that, how the white men doesn't deserve to live, how the white men is the devil's work and how everyone else in the world is so pure and good and are just been taking advantage of by the white men and on and on and on.
And then later in the book, it's not just the white men who's evil, but all men, and how women are better of living in a world without men and men are bad, women are good and bla bla bla.
I don't necessarily agree with him in lots of things, but it's still better than nnoone questioning things, i think.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

speaking of which:
What Would $87 Billion Buy
By Michael Moore

If you can't get through this list without wanting to throw up, I'll understand. But pass it around anyway. This is the nail in the Iraq War's coffin for any sane, thinking individual, regardless of their political stripe. (Thanks to Tom Paine.com and the Center for American Progress.)

To get some perspective, here are some real-life comparisons about what $87 billion means:

$87 Billion is more than the combined total of all State budget deficits in the United States. The Bush administration proposed absolutely zero funds to help states deal with these deficits, despite the fact that their tax cuts drove down state revenues. [Source: Center on Budget and Policy Priorities].

$87 Billion is enough to pay the 3.3 million people who have lost jobs under George W. Bush $26,363.00 each! The unemployment benefits extension passed by Congress at the beginning of this year provides zero benefits to "workers who exhausted their regular, state unemployment benefits and cannot find work." [Source: Center on Budget and Policy Priorities].

$87 Billion is more than double the total amount the government spends on Homeland Security. The U.S. spends about $36 billion on homeland security. Yet, Sen. Warren Rudman (R- N.H.) wrote, "America will fall approximately $98.4 billion short of meeting critical emergency responder needs" for homeland security without a funding increase. [Source: Council on Foreign Relations].

$87 Billion is 87 times the amount the Federal Government spends on After School Programs. George W. Bush proposed a budget that reduces the $1billion for after-school programs to $600 million - cutting off about 475,000 children from the program. [Source: The Republican-dominated House Appropriations Committee].

$87 Billion is more that 10 times what the Government spends on all environmental Protection. The Bush administration requested just $7.6 billion for the entire Environmental Protection Agency. This included a 32 percent cut to water quality grants, a 6 percent reduction in enforcement staff, and a 50 percent cut to land acquisition and conservation. [Source: Natural Resources Defense Council].

There you go. In black and white. A few million of you will receive this letter. Please share the above with at least a half-dozen people today and tomorrow. I, like you, do not want to see another approval rating over 50 percent.

Yours, Michael Moore
Filmmaker
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
zigeunerweisen

Well, if americans elect Bush again, it will prove they're some of the most apathic, gullible and dumb people in the world (the ones that vote for him anyway), but i think americans have better common sense than that.