Return of The King!!!!

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Angelchild
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

mayhem wrote:I thought it was wonderful and managed not to make a noise or shut my eyes during the spidery bits. Just. Oooh it was nasty though. I'm sure I shall have vivid memories of it in the nights to come.

Normally anything featuring spiders has me out of the door in half a second so it's a tribute to this film that I stayed where I was.

M
Bless.It was unpleasant to say the least.
Try not to have bad dreams about it though :urff:
"Ohne deine hilfe verliere
Ich mich in diesem ort"
randdebiel²
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

the problem for me was the lack of the end...it seems to me that a lot of the symbolic from the books is lost when you don't have the bit they cut off....the scouring of the shireand what they did put was too romantic, too....star wars maybe?all that heroic nonsense, while it seems to me, in the book the focus is much more on the losses.....
shiny, shiny, shiny boots of leather....
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

randdebiel² wrote:the problem for me was the lack of the end...it seems to me that a lot of the symbolic from the books is lost when you don't have the bit they cut off....the scouring of the shireand what they did put was too romantic, too....star wars maybe?all that heroic nonsense, while it seems to me, in the book the focus is much more on the losses.....
i know what you mean.... i really, really liked it, but i do know what you mean.

are they saving the best stuff for the dvd again?!?! :roll:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
randdebiel²
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Quiff Boy wrote:
randdebiel² wrote:the problem for me was the lack of the end...it seems to me that a lot of the symbolic from the books is lost when you don't have the bit they cut off....the scouring of the shireand what they did put was too romantic, too....star wars maybe?all that heroic nonsense, while it seems to me, in the book the focus is much more on the losses.....
i know what you mean.... i really, really liked it, but i do know what you mean.

are they saving the best stuff for the dvd again?!?! :roll:
o, don't get me wrong, I liked it too, but it seems to me that now it has been reduced to a pure heroic-fantasy trilogy, only the readers of the book know better.....
shiny, shiny, shiny boots of leather....