Youre favourate films!

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
James Blast
Banned

andymackem wrote:bowled over by it.
I gottit :wink:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Ginger
Amphetamine Filth

Brotherhood of the Wolf is definitely one of the finest films ever made.
andymackem
Slight Overbomber

Quiff Boy wrote:
Black Planet wrote:
Padstar wrote:I can feel Richeys anger building!

Paddy.
Me too.
actually, i dont think he'd mind this one so much :o

it has actually sparked some debate about why peopel like they films they do... rj seems to have more of a problem with endless (and pointless) "top 10" lists that dont actually tell you anything interesting ;)
Not sure that will atone for the "favourate" films in the title, though. Tin hats ready?
Names are just a souvenir ...
Russian footie in the run-up to the World Cup - my latest E-book available from https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07DGJFF6G
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber
Location: Rick Astley's house. Trying to find out why he chooses to look like Timsinister.

[quote="Candover Premiere"]
This is dog rubbish! I asked richey if he corrected vlaamse. He does not. He will ignore this, if he knows what good for him is.

Be careful..........
Only a paand.
RicheyJames
Bad Tempered Young Man

Candover Premiere wrote:This is dog rubbish! I asked richey if he corrected vlaamse. He does not. He will ignore this, if he knows what good for him is.
ooh! get her! you are quite correct my little belgian chum; i am totally unqualified to correct vlaamse (flemish?). this does not, however, impinge on my ability to correct your english.

firstly, when used as a possessive it's "your" not "youre". "you're" (and please note the apostrophe) is a contraction of you are. secondly, the word is correctly spelt "favourite" rather than "favourate". and, finally, the second part of your final sentence should read "if he knows what is good for him."

now, there's really no need to feel bad about this. english is a wonderfully idiosyncratic langauge and you already appear to have a better grasp of it than many native speakers. and whilst i speak no other languages (because sooner or later everybody else learns english) i'd be grateful if a native speaker took time out to give me a few pointers. so sit back and chill out.

oh - and unless you're really trying to upset me try to refrain from starting the same topic more than once. especially if it's as rubbish as this one... :twisted:
"contradictions are meaningless, there's nothing to betray"
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

wind 'im up and watch 'im go ;D
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Black Planet
Andrew's Love Goddess

LOL

RJ you rock!
James Blast
Banned

It walks among us again... :(
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
moonchild
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

here is a lil (mix) list of my favourites:

Once Upon At Time In The West
Hardware (Mark 13)
Blade Runner
Lost Boys
Black Cat White Cat
Dracula
Nosferatu
Amelie
The Devil's Advocate
Seven
Piano
A Nightmare before xmas
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber
Location: Rick Astley's house. Trying to find out why he chooses to look like Timsinister.

RicheyJames wrote:
Candover Premiere wrote:This is dog rubbish! I asked richey if he corrected vlaamse. He does not. He will ignore this, if he knows what good for him is.
ooh! get her! you are quite correct my little belgian chum; i am totally unqualified to correct vlaamse (flemish?). this does not, however, impinge on my ability to correct your english.

firstly, when used as a possessive it's "your" not "youre". "you're" (and please note the apostrophe) is a contraction of you are. secondly, the word is correctly spelt "favourite" rather than "favourate". and, finally, the second part of your final sentence should read "if he knows what is good for him."

now, there's really no need to feel bad about this. english is a wonderfully idiosyncratic langauge and you already appear to have a better grasp of it than many native speakers. and whilst i speak no other languages (because sooner or later everybody else learns english) i'd be grateful if a native speaker took time out to give me a few pointers. so sit back and chill out.

oh - and unless you're really trying to upset me try to refrain from starting the same topic more than once. especially if it's as rubbish as this one... :twisted:
There's not really alot you can say to that......except nice one :notworthy:
Only a paand.
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Best films-

The Seven Samurai
The Good The Bad And The Ugly
Alien Quadrilogy
Apocalypse Now
Ice Age (always gets me)
The Lord Of The Rings (all of 'em, back to back, though it takes a colossol amount of weed to get through)
Shrek
Spinal Tap
Night Of The Living Dead
Seven

and doubtless millions I've forgot, like

A Fistful Of Dollars
Django
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
CorpPunk
Pirate of Penzance

Quiff Boy wrote:wind 'im up and watch 'im go ;D
This is just too funny. :lol:
Candover Premiere
Road Kill

Sexygoth wrote:
RicheyJames wrote:

There's not really alot you can say to that......except nice one :notworthy:
or except

language.

language
language
language

one thousand million times on my desk in the morning.
James Blast
Banned

Dave Whelan wrote:Best films-

The Seven Samurai
The Good The Bad And The Ugly
Alien Quadrilogy
Apocalypse Now
Ice Age (always gets me)
The Lord Of The Rings (all of 'em, back to back, though it takes a colossol amount of weed to get through)

Shrek
Spinal Tap
Night Of The Living Dead
Seven

and doubtless millions I've forgot, like

A Fistful Of Dollars
Django

Damn, another one I forgot about.
~ Peter Steele
DerekR
Doobie Brother

RicheyJames wrote: ooh! get her! you are quite correct my little belgian chum; i am totally unqualified to correct vlaamse (flemish?). this does not, however, impinge on my ability to correct your english.

OK, no-one mention punctuation, capitalization or starting sentences with 'and'. :)
randdebiel²

Candover Premiere wrote: or except

language.

language
language
language

shiny, shiny, shiny boots of leather....
RicheyJames
Bad Tempered Young Man

Candover Premiere wrote:or except

language.

language
language
language

oh me, oh my! did i make a typo? you know tedious nit-picking like that won't win you any friends around here...
RicheyJames
Bad Tempered Young Man

DerekR wrote:OK, no-one mention punctuation, capitalization or starting sentences with 'and'. :)
well the lack of capitals is obviously an affectation. and there's actually nothing wrong with starting a sentence with "and". it tends to be discouraged when children are taught the basics of sentence structure so as to avoid them breaking proper sentences down into fragments. but so long as what follows is capable of standing alone as a sentence there really is no problem.

which leaves punctuation. do please enlighten me as to where you feel my post was incorrectly punctuated. none of us are perfect and i, unlike some, am always ready to learn...
Loki
God of Mischief and Discord

Any chance of one of the 'fact finders' on here doing a trawl through the archives and then you can run a poll on which is your favourite 'favourite something' list. Or maybe you could just list them? Say your top 35 or something but for those undecided you are allowed to post back and change your mind at least 15 times and/or increase your top tally to 50. Tedious muppets.

Loki was never worshiped as the other Gods,
Which is quite understandable.
JansenClone

RicheyJames wrote:which leaves punctuation. do please enlighten me as to where you feel my post was incorrectly punctuated. none of us are perfect and i, unlike some, am always ready to learn...
If you wish. A period always comes before a closing quotation mark.

Incorrect: George said, "I don't get it".

Correct: George said, "I don't get it."
RicheyJames wrote:firstly, when used as a possessive it's "your" not "youre". "you're" (and please note the apostrophe) is a contraction of you are. secondly, the word is correctly spelt "favourite" rather than "favourate". and, finally, the second part of your final sentence should read "if he knows what is good for him."
I am a Leeds United fan because I was very naughty in a previous life.
James Blast
Banned

Why does every thread deteriorate into this? :(
~ Peter Steele
DerekR
Doobie Brother

RicheyJames wrote:which leaves punctuation. do please enlighten me as to where you feel my post was incorrectly punctuated. none of us are perfect and i, unlike some, am always ready to learn...
It's not my job to criticise other people's spelling, grammar, punctuation, or whatever. I'm merely demonstrating the need to have a water-tight case when, or if, you feel the need to.
RicheyJames
Bad Tempered Young Man

JansenClone wrote:A period always comes before a closing quotation mark.
RicheyJames wrote:firstly, when used as a possessive it's "your" not "youre". "you're" (and please note the apostrophe) is a contraction of you are. secondly, the word is correctly spelt "favourite" rather than "favourate". and, finally, the second part of your final sentence should read "if he knows what is good for him."
it's a fair point and you'll notice that where i quoted more than a single word the full stop (i'm not american so it's not a period) is fully enclosed by the quotation marks. my mistake was probably in using quotation marks rather than highlighting the individual words with italics, bold or underlining. ah well, mea culpa. again!
RicheyJames
Bad Tempered Young Man

Red Sunsets wrote:Why does every thread deteriorate into this? :(
not every thread does. just the boring ones... :twisted:
James Blast
Banned

Richey, you are becoming very, very boring.
~ Peter Steele