The Mi$$ion - Why all the cr@p???

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
zigeunerweisen
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

doktor wolf wrote: I know this is a discussion for TSOM, but there does appear to be a whole bunch of anti-mish feling on here, I was just curious, is this from the younger memebers who shall we say, listen to it in retrospect and feel they need to be in one camp or the other? or is there another reason?
I never had anything against The Missionn, i always thought the rivalrie thing between the fans was more of a joke than a serious issue. If Eldritch had problems with Wayne and all that stuff it's between them, i couldn't care less, i even like 3 or 4 Missionn songs.
I never met either of them, who knows, maybe Wayne is actually a great guy and Eldritch a bastard, i don't know, but i do know i love The Sisters a lot more.
James Blast
Banned

Got the Serpent's Kiss image poster with the words THE MI$$ION at the top and I at the bottom, Took the time to mount it on card, because I liked it so much, poster and 12" :P
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
James Blast
Banned

zigeunerweisen wrote:maybe Wayne is actually a great guy and Eldritch a bastard
Nail and Head I think Ziggy.
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Gary

after my brother in law got me into the sisters.. he lent me gods own medicine.. "i still believe in god..." i like the mish.. depends what mood im in as to which i prefer..
Angelchild
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Never minded them,they had some decent tunes in the catalogue, I lost any interest when the original line up departed and all the permutations started :roll:
Along with Sunsets I'll say nice artwork on the early stuff and indeed in the days of yore when we were all having a grand time they were in the soundtrack along with The Sisters, The Neffs, Ghost Dance etc etc. Keep this up and I'll be off on a nostalgia trip to me misspent youth....... :wink: :eek:
"Ohne deine hilfe verliere
Ich mich in diesem ort"
James Blast
Banned

Angelchild wrote:Keep this up and I'll be off on a nostalgia trip to me misspent youth....... :wink: :eek:
I'm waiting AC........
~ Peter Steele
Dave R

Gripper,

Sunday morning and things get clearer....

Ivanhoe Road - Rosseta's house...twas Porl Stairs i used to kip on, even got me a bedsit eventually as i was up liverpool that often, got a bit tired of dossing everywhere possible...

Remember Ray used to drag Hussey along at times, down to planet...funny thinking of it all now...

Strange Days indeed....
M . I . A .

On Patrol..............?
Angelchild
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Red Sunsets wrote:
Angelchild wrote:Keep this up and I'll be off on a nostalgia trip to me misspent youth....... :wink: :eek:
I'm waiting AC........
No tales of drunken debauchery and bonking I'm afraid, just I was out and about gigging when I should have been revising for my A levels.
Talking of drunken debauchery etc I never saw any of that going on at aftershows. I was most dissapointed that no one lived up to the myth :eek: :innocent:
"Ohne deine hilfe verliere
Ich mich in diesem ort"
Black Planet
Andrew's Love Goddess

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Still have my original Gods Own Medicine, on cassette of course.

@ Steve303 and BlackHorizen....

Bad Boyz! Very bad! :wink: Your both wrong. Wayne rocks in his own right.
James Blast
Banned

Black Planet wrote:@ Steve303 and BlackHorizen....

Bad Boyz! Very bad! :wink: Your both wrong. Wayne rocks in his own right.
I'll hold them, you spank them BeeP! :twisted: :evil:
~ Peter Steele
Black Planet
Andrew's Love Goddess

Black Horizon wrote:
Black Planet wrote: Still have my original Gods Own Medicine, on cassette of course.
I have it on Vinyl :P
But I thought you didn't like them? ;D

How's your hangover BTW? 8)
Gripper

Black Horizon wrote:
Black Planet wrote: Still have my original Gods Own Medicine, on cassette of course.
I have it on Vinyl :P
When we were burgled God saw to it that both of my record boxes burst open all over the floor as the bastards made their getaway. So, all my record collection was saved- except the two records I'd lent my flatmate: gatefold vinyl versions of 'God's Own Medicine' and The Cult's 'Love'. Would love to find either in a record fair sometime.
My car's faster than your mum, but not as dirty.
James Blast
Banned

Black Horizon wrote:BTW Red Sunsets, why are you always so mean to me?
I can't help myself.
~ Peter Steele
James Blast
Banned

Black Horizon wrote:Oh, I forgot to say that I'll be seeing The Mish at Whitby Goth Weekend in April.
that's why
~ Peter Steele
James Blast
Banned

no Whitby
~ Peter Steele
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

Red Sunsets wrote:no Whitby
HA! Um...see...if I lived over there, *I'd* probably go to Whitby myself! So :P to you, Red! :wink:

Oh - incidentally - have any of you heard of the annual g*thfest called Convergence? If so, will anyone be attending this year?
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
ryan

well i like most mish..apart from 'masque' and 'neverland'. 'Aura' was a nice surprise for someone for me to be a decent age when something slightly sisters related had (kind of) just came out.

The 'children' album is fantastic. Rates as high as any sisters albums for me. I got gods own medicine for the price of a blank cd so im not complaining there. Its a bloody bugger to find anything slightly m*****n related here. Unless your willing to go to that 'alternative metal' CD shop down the road and dig through a whole bunch of crap :S
Karst
Slight Overbomber

What is it that you're looking for Ryan?

8)
hallucienate
Overbomber

ryan_w_0000 wrote:Its a bloody bugger to find anything slightly m*****n related here. Unless your willing to go to that 'alternative metal' CD shop down the road and dig through a whole bunch of **** :S
For me it's exactly the opposite, I think almost every album (and some singles) the mi$$ion released came out as a South African pressing, which is unusual for an alternative band. I think they also had their first number one here with "butterfly on a wheel".

I think the mish are OK, some good songs but also some really bad ones.
Loki
God of Mischief and Discord

I still play First Chapter and Children. Sue me. :wink:
Loki was never worshiped as the other Gods,
Which is quite understandable.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

first chapter: sisters lite. some of the tunes and atmosphere but none of the feeling. :roll:

gods own whatsit: whoa there wayney baby, hang on a sec. what the hell are you doing? production is shocking - its a very "small" album, and barring a couple of feisty riffs its all a bit poor really.

children: MASSIVE stadium-rock gonzoid zepp production and some very lovely guitars (or is that "geetars"?) 8), but shocking lyrics. makes me weep with laughter when i hear wayne crooning some of the nonsensical gubbins on that album.

nowt after that was worth the time of day, apart from "deliverance" which sounds like it should have been on "children" rather than that "carved in sh*te" b-sides album.

i confess i have only heard the first few seconds of "aura" - the fisr few bars of that first track that is basically just FALAA in all but name... doh! :roll:

am still going to keighley though, just not really for the mish :lol: :roll:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
mh
Above the Chemist

My main prob with the M****** is that W**** broke up the classic Sisters line up - in particular, alienating Gary and taking Craig with him when he left are 2 unforgivable sins.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

mh wrote:My main prob with the M****** is that W**** broke up the classic Sisters line up - in particular, alienating Gary and taking Craig with him when he left are 2 unforgivable sins.
I think that Von did a good enough job of alienating Gary (and Wayne and Craig) all by himself :?

"Walk Away" for a start...
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Loki
God of Mischief and Discord

mh wrote:My main prob with the M****** is that W**** broke up the classic Sisters line up - in particular, alienating Gary and taking Craig with him when he left are 2 unforgivable sins.
We are talking about grown adults here aren't we? Each with their own ambitions, business acumen, sense of direction and ability to make their own decisions? As opposed to a gang of 9 year olds?
Loki was never worshiped as the other Gods,
Which is quite understandable.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I was never convinced that the Von/Wayne split was as acrimonious as was made out in the Music Press. After all, both camps got a lot of coverage out of it, and no publicity is bad publicity.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell