London

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

mayhem wrote:
Quiff Boy wrote:
cyn wrote:*shudders at the thought of London*
*does the same*

aren't there dragons down there? and cannibals? :o
Yeah, we have, but only to keep the Home Counties types with Land Rovers away.

Heartlanders would be perfectly safe I'm sure. I'll have a word...
ta :)
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

Quiff Boy wrote:
*does the same*

i was there last saturday, dear, and all went well. mr strange and i had a lovely day and had nice food and bought things.
I don't wanna live like I don't mind
cyn
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Quiff Boy wrote:
*does the same*

*throws coat and sword to Quiffy*
Why don't you ask the kids at Tiananmen Square
Was fashion the reason why they were there?
They disguise it, hypnotize it
Television made you buy it
James Blast
Banned

Ah tink yew mean 'dat Loondun' la, awrite?

"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
James Blast
Banned

Calm down, calm down!
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Mrs. Snowey
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Red Sunsets wrote:Ah tink yew mean 'dat Loondun' la, awrite?

I so love that sketch :D

An' they're not wrong either :wink:

BTW This used to be on the side of (JJB?) big sports shop in Liverpool city centre. Used to cheer me up every time I walked past it.

Got took down tho'. :evil: Can't have stuff like that up anymore. Capital of Culture don'tcha know
James Blast
Banned

Oh ay, dats grrrrrreat, La!
~ Peter Steele
Andie
Overbomber

London's alright to visit...seeing that it's only 75 miles away from me (or an hour by train)...but then i guess any of the larger cities are good for a quick visit...take in the sights...find a cosy bar...and then catch the band that you've travelled all that way to see...

is there really any other reason to go there?
Black Biscuit
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

I found London to be a woefully impersonal place. The cost of living was awful, the food was crap, the class structure was pronounced, there was too much complacency, and the musicians were more interested in "making it" than in making music... :!:
.... there is no semblance of rock 'n roll around here!
Andie
Overbomber

Black Biscuit wrote:I found London to be a woefully impersonal place. The cost of living was awful, the food was ****, the class structure was pronounced, there was too much complacency, and the musicians were more interested in "making it" than in making music... :!:
i kinda liked the impersonal touch of Londoners...i can also complain about the cost of living...but it's not that bad in comparison the where i live anyways...the food is always pants...i live only in donut shops, buger bars and coffee shops...everywhere else is over priced for the sake of it...the class structure?...do you mean that it offends you to see stupid people with money being ripped off?...oh puhlease!!...i dunno about complacency...most people i meet and talk to are too damn paranoid about how they look to be complacent...and the musician thing...if you listen to them...they ain't locals...usually they're americans...or northerners...*sorry...had to get that in*...trying to break in the music capital of the world...what else would they be there for??

over all...London has to be taken with a huge pinch of salt...it's one ugly sprawling garish self important impotent fcuk up of a place...but hey...i was born there...
Black Planet
Andrew's Love Goddess

London is a very pretty city, especially on a sunny day walking along Charing Cross past Trafalgar Square.... I never found it impersonal, and most ppl I met were nice to me, even in the shops where I have an awful time with your money, coin that is not paper. I understand there's a bit of pomposity in the (English/Londoners) people, and I find that amusing as last time I was there I was with a 6 foot goth dressed all in black. Talk about turning heads in a 5 star hotel. It only made me laugh, but that's part of being american, and I don't care what ppl think.

I would like to go back again simply because there is so much there that I haven't seen. Including Mark Manning...;)