Your Worst Gig

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
vicus
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

-pink turns blue (they played after james ray in hamburg in... uhm, when did the "dios esta..."-album came out?) - a horrible german cure-ripoff
-mephisto walz
-bernhard butler in roskilde 1998
-wyclef jean in roskilde 01
"Am Anfang wurde das Universum erschaffen.
Das machte viele Leute sehr wütend und wurde allenthalben als Schritt in die falsche Richtung angesehen."

http://www.poison-door.net/
JansenClone

Umm... 1991...

The guitarist disappearing for an hour before the gig only reappearing 10 minutes before we were due on. After asking him what he'd been doing he said drinking a couple of bottles of cider and fell off his stool. Promising. He spent most of the gig asking me what the next chord was and laughing. Oh and the bassist turning up half way through and wondering why we were playing without him. A similar thought was going through my head...

I haven't got this right have I?
I am a Leeds United fan because I was very naughty in a previous life.
James Blast
Banned

@JC, nice revelation tho, and any worst gig type of a thing will do.
Thankee! :D
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Thrash Harry
Utterly Bastard Filthy

JansenClone wrote:Umm... 1991...

I haven't got this right have I?
And the band was...?
Go to sleep now, Francis.
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

2 unlimited supporting hawkwind. the drugs kicked in far too early and it became a right mess :lol: :lol:
Goths have feelings too
Black Planet
Andrew's Love Goddess

I can't remember ....

does that answer your question?
Thrash Harry
Utterly Bastard Filthy

He still can't make his mind up, can he?
Go to sleep now, Francis.
Black Planet
Andrew's Love Goddess

Who can't make up his mind...Oh god is this what I think it is.....the p*ss or dump? LOL LMAO ouch ...that's just too firking funny. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
James Blast
Banned

Let's try to stay on topic BeeP and Thrash.... OMG what am I saying?!
Repent Walpurgis!!! :eek"
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Big Si
School Bully

Terrorvision @ Reading Festival 1994

what's all the fuss about them? (YAWN)
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
Silence is platinum
Slight Overbomber

Gun club back in 1988...

a month after the gig i read an interview from Jeffrey Lee Pierce,
and what he thought of the Sisters....

...next day i sold all my Gun Club records...
sisxbeforedawn

jesus and mary chain in liverpool, god knows when but quite a few years ago. 10 minute set, then threw a strop and buggered off. riot then ensued :twisted:
I met a devil woman, she took my heart away
Black Shuck
Location: Sitting in a sleazy snack bar, sucking sickly sausage rolls

Hate to say it, but... the Cure, Swing tour, 1996.
Manchester 'f**king HUGE' arena.

Great band and all, but... somehow dull in a half empty (literally) megadome

This might sound wierd, but... they played too long, as well!
You might think "How can one of your fave bands play for too long?" but their set just dragggggggeeeeeeeeeddddddddd on for about 2 and a half hours.
They also played loadsa songs I didn't know, which always pisses me off (not their fault, I know).

There was also no support band. which sucked.

Oh, and one last thing- from where I was sat, I could literally see the band 'hiding' backstage, waiting to come back on for their encore, Robbo had a cheesy grin on his face... kinda killed the mystery of "Will they come back on, or won't they?"

I was also pissed off with the Sisters last year, but I've ranted about that enough.
Gazza for England manager
James Blast
Banned

sisxbeforedawn wrote:jesus and mary chain in liverpool, god knows when but quite a few years ago. 10 minute set, then threw a strop and buggered off. riot then ensued :twisted:
I told you before six that was 'art' LMFAO, I saw them on the Automatic tour and even with smoke of TSOM proportions, they were just dull, really :(
~ Peter Steele
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I've seen Johnny Mathis at Manchester Apollo. It was for my mum's birthday. :urff:
What was that band called that had Louise Wener as their singer? I remember their set at Leeds Festival in about 91 or 92 was particularly dreadful.
Ozzfest whatever year it was in Milton Keynes: I was looking forward to the Foo Fighters, but the audience just chanted "Ozzy! Ozzy!" right through their set :?
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

markfiend wrote:I've seen Johnny Mathis at Manchester Apollo. It was for my mum's birthday. :urff:
What was that band called that had Louise Wener as their singer? I remember their set at Leeds Festival in about 91 or 92 was particularly dreadful.
Ozzfest whatever year it was in Milton Keynes: I was looking forward to the Foo Fighters, but the audience just chanted "Ozzy! Ozzy!" right through their set :?
:lol:

i went to see gene pitney at oldham's queen elizabeth hall with my mum and nan in about 1988.

he was f**king superb! white dinner jacket, cummerbund, the works. a complete star. :notworthy:

"town without pity". what a song :von:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Queen Elizabeth Hall :lol: We had our school prize-givings there. Where do they dig up the fossils that give speeches at this sort of occasion?

Nowt wrong with a bit of Gene Pitney though.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

markfiend wrote:Queen Elizabeth Hall :lol: We had our school prize-givings there. Where do they dig up the fossils that give speeches at this sort of occasion?

Nowt wrong with a bit of Gene Pitney though.
saw new model army there too around teh time of "green and grey".

surreal venue for a gig like that :D
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Debaser
Overbomber

Iggy Pop - 198something Rock City

he was a miserable, spoiled brat who spat his dummy brecause someone threw back his mike stand after he'd launched it into the crowd.

He stomped off (ever so funny when yer only 5ft tall ;) ) and sulked fer 30 mins plus before he came back.
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else