Roma

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
F*ck*As*Goth
Amphetamine Filth

Steve.. it's an old one... better hang on to yer wallet mate! As for Rome... the Colisseum is nice, same goes for the Trevi , the library in the Vatican.... but the most beautiful is this garden.. Rome is built on 7 hills and there is one mansion that is built on one of the hills that has a magnificent garden filled with orange trees.. I can't remember it's name... will get back to you on this one.
Black Planet
Andrew's Love Goddess

You'd better.
Silver_Owl
The Don

Do you know about the old young Romany thing then Beep?
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Black Planet
Andrew's Love Goddess

Steve303 wrote:
Thrash Harry wrote:
Black Planet wrote:I never had the nerve to take the subway there.
Nor I the first time. But last time had Junior, Mrs T and my Mum in tow, so it was easier than walking everywhere. You've gott to watch out for the old young gypsy girl with baby and friend trick tho.
Whats up with you both? It makes you feel alive - surrounded by threat and danger. Great stuff.
It's nothing compared to the trams in Melbourne.

Steve,

It takes a lot of courage to go BY YOUR SELF to a strange county, city, and non English speaking at that. I had a great time, but I didn't have the courage to take the train/subway anywhere being a single girl travelling alone. Not to mention some French dude stopped me somewhere near Hadrian's Column asking for directions..the punch line was Would you like to have dinner with Me? NO! Way! LOL

Next time, even if I am alone, I WILL give it a try. Train to Naples and the fabulous museum there is a MUST.

BP
Black Planet
Andrew's Love Goddess

Steve303 wrote:Do you know about the old young Romany thing then Beep?
No. And I don't mean to be rude..but I'm just out the door with Mr Bp for dinner....catch you later, Ok?
Silver_Owl
The Don

Fair point BeeP - being a strapping lad with an Arnie like build it's difficult to relate (hee hee).

Seriously, I do agree it takes a hell of a lot of courage to do it on your own. The amount of girls travelling alone that I met in Asia and South America was staggering. All very brave.

It's a big bad world out there but you're just as likely to get mugged on the night bus home from town.
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Thrash Harry
Utterly Bastard Filthy

You're stood in the train. It's all a bit compact. A young girl with a baby squeezes her way towards you. Aaah! Ikkle baby! Isn't she sweet! Mummy brushes past you while her mate feels inside all of your pockets and has away with your passport, wallet and tickets home.
Go to sleep now, Francis.
Black Planet
Andrew's Love Goddess

Thrash Harry wrote:
You're stood in the train. It's all a bit compact. A young girl with a baby squeezes her way towards you. Aaah! Ikkle baby! Isn't she sweet! Mummy brushes past you while her mate feels inside all of your pockets and has away with your passport, wallet and tickets home.
LOL I hate babies. I am immune to the fawning over them.

But thanks Harry for the tip. I shall run even faster when in Rome and a woman with a small child approaches. :D
Thrash Harry
Utterly Bastard Filthy

Isn't it wierd how you turn a blind eye to things when abroad? Can you imagine walking down a street in your home town and seeing an old woman sat bare-arsed on the street holding a baby with her arm held out asking for pennies?
Black Planet
Andrew's Love Goddess

Thrash Harry wrote:Isn't it wierd how you turn a blind eye to things when abroad? Can you imagine walking down a street in your home town and seeing an old woman sat bare-arsed on the street holding a baby with her arm held out asking for pennies?
No I can't. Even in Rome I couldn't. But I am a city dweller..And I have seen a lot of beggars. The worst was a 300 lb homeless man ranting at metro center in mid winter, no shoes. the vision still haunts me, and it's been 15 years.

Still small children make me cringe. And they will not get my sympathy. Sorry, not a motherly gal at all.
Thrash Harry
Utterly Bastard Filthy

Black Planet wrote:Sorry, not a motherly gal at all.
Oh dear. You've just lost my vote.
Black Planet
Andrew's Love Goddess

Thrash Harry wrote:
Black Planet wrote:Sorry, not a motherly gal at all.
Oh dear. You've just lost my vote.
Oh Harry that's ok. Some Mum's have trillions of kids only to leave them on the dole so they can run off to the next thrill.

I will never be accused of that offense.