The Sisters Of Murphy, May 21st, The Lockwood, Huddersfield

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Padstar
Utterly Bastard Smurph

Thanks to all who came along.... bit of a trail for us with various technical problems and our stripped down rehearsal set up. Indeed it was a true first as we were using Nurs Landslide herself due to mini disk probems !!!!! Running the gig from a PC for heavens sake !!!

cheers to Dr Spiggy in particular :)

Paddy.
Still playing guitar - sometimes weird shaped ones.
lily
Road Kill

Am i dreaming or did i see a poster advertising the Smurfs playing at the Vic in Coalville?????? ;D
Mr McCoy - Did i tell you how good you looked?!!
DoKtor Spiggy
Road Kill

The DoKtor reports:
It was a terrific night!
Technical problems?
What?
They weren't apparent.
Mock Von was awesome!
Paddy was Hendix/Marx-esque as usual.
And what nice people the band are.
And I made the poor sods do a second encore having bribed the landlord with a few sherberts!
Disgusting!
But the rousing version of Anaconda which they finished with was absolutely superb!
Well done & thankyou to all.
If you've not seen The Smurfs, then you REALLY should do!

Love

The Doktor
xx
Ed Rhombus
Slight Overbomber

lily wrote:Am i dreaming or did i see a poster advertising the Smurfs playing at the Vic in Coalville?????? ;D
That's Sisters of Murphy the folk band. No 'the' see.

I was wondering when they would crop up.
Ed Rhombus

There for you (weather permiting)

www.rhombus-rock.com
https://www.facebook.com/rhombus.uk
lily
Road Kill

Ed Rhombus wrote:
lily wrote:Am i dreaming or did i see a poster advertising the Smurfs playing at the Vic in Coalville?????? ;D
That's Sisters of Murphy the folk band. No 'the' see.

I was wondering when they would crop up.
Never mind, i almost smiled then!! Isnt it time that they came down this end of the country???
Ed Rhombus
Slight Overbomber

Phone the venue and ask if its them, that will confuse em.
Ed Rhombus

There for you (weather permiting)

www.rhombus-rock.com
https://www.facebook.com/rhombus.uk
Padstar
Utterly Bastard Smurph

We actually had the promoter mail us about this and i had to tell him i had no idea what he was talking about!!!

Seems the folk band must have booked it and he assumed this was us. Even though i explained this he didnt seem too happy, i sadi we would play for them but ive heard nothing since.....

Wasnt even our fault!!!

Paddy :(
James Blast
Banned

I think both bands should just sort it out in the parking lot behind the venue, after a good few pints, of course.

The most bloodied, but unbowed takes the name.

*note to Paddy
don't try this at Dirty Nellies in Glasgow, Big SI and a few more Weegies of the Celtic persuasion are liable to join in the pummelling! :eek:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Chairman Bux
shut.the.fuck.up

I have found carrying an iron bar up the sleeve of one's jacket to be helpful in negotiations of the type Padstar describes. But then you need that in Leeds - I don't imagine Coalville is quite as brutal a place. ;)
Minister of Misinformation and Misdirection.

We first met through a shared view
She loved me and I did too
Padstar
Utterly Bastard Smurph

Red Sunsets wrote:I think both bands should just sort it out in the parking lot behind the venue, after a good few pints, of course.

The most bloodied, but unbowed takes the name.

*note to Paddy
don't try this at Dirty Nellies in Glasgow, Big SI and a few more Weegies of the Celtic persuasion are liable to join in the pummelling! :eek:
I would like to think Si would be on our side ???? Si ????

Paddy.
lily
Road Kill

Think again!!! Coalville has to be the worst place on earth, the name kindve gives it away. An iron bar would be useful just to get the checkout staff there to give you your change!!!! But dont be too put off eh?!!!