throbbing gristle

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Dave R
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Frank "Fad Gadget" Tovey RIP

Most definitely NOT Goth....

Don't let the black clothes, fasciantion with hanging etc fool ya...

Under the Flag was a TOTAL landmark album of the 80's...if you have never heard it track him down through the Mute Web Site.

A truly, truly Great Artist.

Still recall him perfoming Saturday NightSpecial on the same programme that Bauhaus did Bela, Oxford Road Show Ithink??
M . I . A .

On Patrol..............?
cyn
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Francis wrote:
cyn wrote:Whats a Oi! band
A thinly disguised excuse for a National Front meeting.
*mind boggles* umm Front 242
Why don't you ask the kids at Tiananmen Square
Was fashion the reason why they were there?
They disguise it, hypnotize it
Television made you buy it
Francis
Overbomber

cyn wrote:*mind boggles* umm Front 242
Don't know. Aren't they fairly recent? Oi! was the name given to a post-punk (i.e. late 70s early 80s) genre of music which seemed to appeal to the more avid Swastika and Doc Martens wearer. Sunsets can probably name a few bands. He seems to know pretty much everything.
And you know that she's half crazy but that's why you want to be there.
Andie
Overbomber

Francis wrote:
Burn wrote:gonna go and hunt out one of my Fcuking Various cassetts from the car...full on goff with the 12" Collapsing New People second track side 2
Were Fad Gadget goth? I'm getting confused again.

not in the sence that the FOTN are/were/something like Goth...and also in the same sence that TSOM aren't Goth either...but damn...

the old 80's goth contingent here (EBG's) will no doubt be in agreement that Goth was a huge umberella that hundreds of bands hid under until they became aware of their audience...or their market (eg The Cult)

maybe you and i should discuss this further father Francis (the artist formally known as Thrash Harry)...and then post our conclusions on the message board for future reference.

mmmm....i smell a beer and a cigerette...

andie
Andie
Overbomber

Francis wrote:
cyn wrote:*mind boggles* umm Front 242
Don't know. Aren't they fairly recent? Oi! was the name given to a post-punk (i.e. late 70s early 80s) genre of music which seemed to appeal to the more avid Swastika and Doc Martens wearer. Sunsets can probably name a few bands. He seems to know pretty much everything.

The Business ~ Harry May
Cock Sparrow ~ (nope...forgotten)
4 Skins ~ (forgotten also)

i also seem to remember bands like Blitz, Chron Gen, Partisans, Outcasts, Discharge, GBH, Anti Pasti, Vice Squad....but they were Gary Bushells second coming of punk bands during his rantings in Sounds...wow...i was like 16/17 years stupid...

EBG?...nah...just Staring At The Rude Boys...(punks in the corner...speeding like a jet)

andie
Francis
Overbomber

Burn wrote:further father Francis
Nice alliteration. You even managed to sneak allusion in there. All you need now is allegory and you'l have a full house. :lol:
Burn wrote:i smell a beer and a cigerette
I'm trying to spend a bit more time with the family, but next time I'm at a loose end and your on-line, I might just have to figure out how this chat mallarky works. You won't go leading me on though, will you? :wink:
And you know that she's half crazy but that's why you want to be there.
Andie
Overbomber

Francis wrote:
Burn wrote:further father Francis
Nice alliteration. You even managed to sneak allusion in there. All you need now is allegory and you'l have a full house. :lol:
Burn wrote:i smell a beer and a cigerette
I'm trying to spend a bit more time with the family, but next time I'm at a loose end and your on-line, I might just have to figure out how this chat mallarky works. You won't go leading me on though, will you? :wink:

leading you on?...i don't know what you mean :wink:

but yeah...as the time is also tight around my place we can agree in principle...with out actually agreeing...that sometime when at a loose end (or in leeds) we can put the world to rights!

andie