IPODs

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

CorpPunk wrote:I think the U2 stuff costs extra, which is lame cos it's not like I can afford the stupid ipod to begin with, you know?

Quiffy, don't make me hurt you. Cos I will. If you make me. :eek: ;D
:lol: :innocent:

threats of violence from sinny AND corpy eh? i must be doing something right 8)

actually, i've just heard it again and i take back the nirvana bit - its more like magical mystery tour meets dr jeep :lol:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
CellThree
Slight Overbomber

We just got a Creative Zen Touch. It's down to 180 quid now.
20gb HDD. Great sound, up to 24hr battery life. USB 2 and dead easy to use.

We've had a few teething problems with it. The first one we got seized up after a couple if days, so we took it back and got another one. The second one seized up as well, but by then I had read the manual and discovered the reset button :oops:

It seized up again this morning, but has behaved itself since then. There's no updates for it yet (relatively new player) so hopefully there will be new firmware coming out to iron out the kinks.

Main differences between an iPOD and this is it's cheaper, the battery lasts a hell of a lot longer and it's not made by Apple so you don't have to use that s**t iTunes software.
24.24.2.489 Deceased
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

CellThree wrote:We just got a Creative Zen Touch. It's down to 180 quid now.
20gb HDD. Great sound, up to 24hr battery life. USB 2 and dead easy to use.

We've had a few teething problems with it. The first one we got seized up after a couple if days, so we took it back and got another one. The second one seized up as well, but by then I had read the manual and discovered the reset button :oops:

It seized up again this morning, but has behaved itself since then. There's no updates for it yet (relatively new player) so hopefully there will be new firmware coming out to iron out the kinks.

Main differences between an iPOD and this is it's cheaper, the battery lasts a hell of a lot longer and it's not made by Apple so you don't have to use that s**t iTunes software.
lars has got one of those.... looks nice from what i've seen!

i've got its little cousin - the creative muvo nx 256mb. its very small & light, which was my main criteria for buying it 8)
James Blast
Banned

<-----says nowt! :oops:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
hallucienate
Overbomber

I just use the MP3 player on my phone.
Lamia
Amphetamine Filth

hallucienate wrote:I just use the MP3 player on my phone.
Jeeze, i really must read instruction manuals more! Apparently i have an MP3 player on my phone too! Woo hoooo................. :lol:
Intimations of mortality are all about me.....
randdebiel²
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

in "joystick" french leader in computer/games/electronics papers, they said the developers who made the zen-touch should be shot because it was so badly designed (not half as easy to use as an ipod when working with playlists for example....)
shiny, shiny, shiny boots of leather....
CellThree
Slight Overbomber

randdebiel² wrote:in "joystick" french leader in computer/games/electronics papers, they said the developers who made the zen-touch should be shot because it was so badly designed (not half as easy to use as an ipod when working with playlists for example....)
You can set them up in a few secs on your computer with the Zen docked, but it's pretty hard to do it just on the Zen itself.

It's not really badly designed, but there are something things that should be addressed in the next firmware update.
24.24.2.489 Deceased
tower
Road Kill

Big Si wrote:
CorpPunk wrote:Bono is god.
You mean he thinks he's Andrew Eldritch? ;D
you mean mr huss???
:lol:
Ocean Moves

I´d rather talk about cereals as per above.

If Shreddies are like Zodiac mindwarp,

what are crunchy nut cornflakes like?

the Johnny hates Jazz of the cereal world?
Thea
Overbomber

Erinyes wrote:I´d rather talk about cereals as per above.

If Shreddies are like Zodiac mindwarp,

what are crunchy nut cornflakes like?

the Johnny hates Jazz of the cereal world?
hmm... not really thought about crunchy nut cornflakes. But i'm willing to go along with your JHJ idea....
CorpPunk
Pirate of Penzance

Oh my god. My surrogate English parents (long story) and a friend banded together and bought me the 20G U2 ipod. Unbelievable. I am floored. I can't stop staring at it. It's black and red and soooo goth. I think I have something in my eye...

8) :notworthy:
Hojyuu-obi

I've just received an iPod myself a few days ago (standard white edition though) one of the greatest gadgets ever ...

:D :D :D
Have you any dreams you'd like to sell?
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

Right I think I'm gonna get one. Is there ANY DIFFERENCE between the mini i pod and the older version or is it just that they are different sizes?
randdebiel²

Brideoffrankenstein wrote:Right I think I'm gonna get one. Is there ANY DIFFERENCE between the mini i pod and the older version or is it just that they are different sizes?
mini iPods have too small capacity (4 gig, it's full before you know it-, I'd keep with the big ones if I were you :)
shiny, shiny, shiny boots of leather....
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

randdebiel² wrote:
Brideoffrankenstein wrote:Right I think I'm gonna get one. Is there ANY DIFFERENCE between the mini i pod and the older version or is it just that they are different sizes?
mini iPods have too small capacity (4 gig, it's full before you know it-, I'd keep with the big ones if I were you :)
Right! Thank you. All I needed to know! :notworthy:
James Blast
Banned

I want one of these -

with many thanks to QB for the upload
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

James Blast wrote:I want one of these -

with many thanks to QB for the upload
can you get PC versions for half the price? :innocent:

nice pics tho - I can see how they'd be addictive once you owned one
Last edited by lazarus corporation on 16 Dec 2004, 23:55, edited 1 time in total.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

beautiful :notworthy: :lol:
CorpPunk
Pirate of Penzance

I can't get iTunes to work. Compatible with Windows my ass. :cry:
Loki
God of Mischief and Discord

CorpPunk wrote:I can't get iTunes to work. Compatible with Windows my ass. :cry:
:eek: Works for me and half the time I haven't a clue where I'm double-clicking ... :?
Loki was never worshiped as the other Gods,
Which is quite understandable.
wintermute
Amphetamine Filth

had an iPod but found the control panel/disc a bit of a pain especially when driving or only got one hand free, so looked around and got a Creative Zen which has the commonly used controls as buttons on the sides. Soundwise nothing to choose, price much the same.

my 16 yr old daughter, bless her cottons.... well i'm with lazarus here
lazarus corporation wrote:But a teenage daughter, being a teenager ... might have a hissy fit unless she gets a proper iPod.
she's dead happy with the pink iPod for her birthday, 'best prez ever'.

so young, so gullible
then he takes your hand in some strange californian handshake and breaks the bone
CorpPunk
Pirate of Penzance

JB wrote:
CorpPunk wrote:I can't get iTunes to work. Compatible with Windows my ass. :cry:
:eek: Works for me and half the time I haven't a clue where I'm double-clicking ... :?
Well, if you're the one signing the company Christmas cards I'm pretty sure you have a better system than I can afford... :wink:

I thought it might be a memory problem (I have the min. requirement), but I've been reading online about people with more RAM having similar freezing/copying/cr*pping-out issues, so I've uninstalled everything and I'm gonna try a Windows-based, third-party software instead. I've read nothing but rave reviews of Anapod.

Sorry, just thinking out loud...
Erudite
Slight Overbomber

I have had a plain white 20GB model for about 10 months now.
Love it to bits!
Though I'd dearly love one that had Utterly Bastard Groovy laser engraved on the back.
Sad, I know...

Black and red looks very groovy, too.
Sometimes aesthetics really do make an object sound better!
You are what you drink - I'm a bitter man!
CorpPunk
Pirate of Penzance

CorpPunk wrote:
JB wrote:
Well, if you're the one signing the company Christmas cards I'm pretty sure you have a better system than I can afford... :wink:

I thought it might be a memory problem (I have the min. requirement), but I've been reading online about people with more RAM having similar freezing/copying/cr*pping-out issues, so I've uninstalled everything and I'm gonna try a Windows-based, third-party software instead. I've read nothing but rave reviews of Anapod.

Sorry, just thinking out loud...
Well, I uninstalled and reinstalled everything (twice), and now the software works, so I guess I gotta return/replace the iPod.

Apple is such a f*cking joke. If this thing ever starts working, it had better play all my music for the rest of my life and clean my house.