Eurovision

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
pikkrong
Overbomber

Sorry, don't care. But my boss does. He finds it amusing. Chatting with Eurovision fans from other countries... a different planet, isn't it? :wink:
Black Alice
Emotional Vampyre

No, sorry, don't care. I think the last time I even noticed that it was on was when Bucks Fizz won - not that I watched it but you couldn't avoid their nauseating act after that :urff:
I never talk during music, at least during good music. If one hears bad music, it is one's duty to drown it in conversation.
James Blast
Banned

confession time:
I listen to BBC Radio mainly, or watch cable.
The only time I tune in to terrestrial TV is of a Friday for Late Review, sometimes 'Nate Ross (lucky bastard) or Later with that Lahndahn Git who plays a bit of the 'old joanna'
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Andy TG
Overbomber

If you mean May 21st I will have to miss this blessed event as I will, with much luck, be out in Cardiff getting royally "Pished" having not been "out" in 2 months at all!

That said i will record the event and make fun of it on a lter date!
This Is Not Ordinary S & M
This Is M & S S & M
Mrs. Snowey
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

I don't care - if I remember it's on, I'll be watching. Cue our resident meeja monitor... :wink:

Viva St. Tel :notworthy:
Why do keyboards get so dirty?
James Blast
Banned

did I miss something, again?

I hate fish, I hate fishing, I love programmes about fishing, I have no idea why :roll:

Honest!
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

James Blast wrote:I hate fish, I hate fishing, I love programmes about fishing, I have no idea why :roll:
Probably something similar to me watching Ray Mears. As far as I'm concerned, 99% of human history has been an attempt to get as far away from nature as possible; why the f**k I should enjoy a bloke being such a boy-scout is beyond me. But there you go :lol:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Francis
Overbomber

Mrs. Snowey wrote:
Dan wrote:I haven't even heard out Eurovision entry, "Javine", however she has a habit of getting her baps out (once during a live tv show) so it should be worth watching to see if she does it again!
Poor girl, she must be really hungry if she needs to get her butties out in the middle of a performance 8)
LMFAO. :lol: :notworthy:

Oh no. I've got the giggles and they're all looking at me now thinking 'I don't remember that Java book being that entertaining...'
And you know that she's half crazy but that's why you want to be there.
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

It's such a good idea...why did it go wrong?
DerekR
Doobie Brother

James Blast wrote:I hate fish, I hate fishing, I love programmes about fishing, I have no idea why :roll:
That's actually a bloody good question. I have a similar problem with golf and snooker.
ruffers
Overbomber

timsinister wrote:It's such a good idea...why did it go wrong?
It did?
Chucking another log on
Black Alice
Emotional Vampyre

DerekR wrote:
That's actually a bloody good question. I have a similar problem with golf and snooker.
Me and Gardeners Question Time on Radio 4 :D
I never talk during music, at least during good music. If one hears bad music, it is one's duty to drown it in conversation.
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

DerekR wrote:
snooker i havent a problem with.golf,however,is phenomenally tedious to watch (IMHO) and unlikely to appeal to me to learn to play,even if i should suddenly find myself with s**t-loads of cash and no idea how to spend it.in the words of "billy conolly"(as impersonated by that bloke off of deadringers):-"golf's just long-distance snooker for wankers".
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

a friend describes:
Switzerland (Foxy Estonian rock chicks in white jump suits using Sisters of Mercy Mk III guitar sounds)
is this accurate :roll:

i do hope so :oops: :von: ;D
Goths have feelings too
ruffers
Overbomber

I accidentally (honest) turned to bbc3 last night when they were recapping all the semifinalists and I kinda remember these people. I do remember the white suits, and I also remember the fact that they were bussed in from Croatia or somewhere like that. Curiously the Sisters never came to mind...

(btw, Ireland were awful and are out. What will St Terry say?)
Chucking another log on
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

it's called 'the shadows are my destiny'. a few beers and I’ll be right up for goth dancing to the euro vision thing :von:

Hell, I’ll even be wearing black. As part of my Glazer protest :lol: :lol:
Goths have feelings too
Mrs. Snowey

paint it black wrote:it's called 'the shadows are my destiny'. a few beers and I’ll be right up for goth dancing to the euro vision thing :von:
Is that the proper title? :eek: :lol:

Have they got a drum machine too? :innocent: ;D
James Blast
Banned

well I can hear echoes of Hank Marvin's guitar sound on Afterhours
~ Peter Steele
Black Alice
Emotional Vampyre

James Blast wrote:well I can hear echoes of Hank Marvin's guitar sound on Afterhours
:lol: :notworthy: :lol: :notworthy:
Mrs. Snowey

Not that I know that much, but I do reckon that The Shadows were one of the few bands that were better sans the so-called frontman.
Black Alice
Emotional Vampyre

Mrs. Snowey wrote:Not that I know that much, but I do reckon that The Shadows were one of the few bands that were better sans the so-called frontman.
Well done that woman - I agree :lol: :lol: :lol:
James Blast
Banned

could you two ladies be referring to 'The Rebel Trouser' aka Riff Piltchard?
~ Peter Steele
Mrs. Snowey

Yup.

He was quite good in The Young Ones I guess. :roll:

But if someone mentions how great he was at brightening up Wimbledon that year (tho' I forget which year) I'll do something violent :twisted: :lol:

BTW didn't someone once point out the startling resemblance between Mr. Pilchard and :von: ?
James Blast
Banned

yes
well you did Mrs. S :eek:
and
yes

hehehehehe Image
~ Peter Steele
Loki
God of Mischief and Discord

Black Alice wrote: Bucks Fizz won
Well, excuse me Mr Jack, that was one of the most defining moments in pop history. :von:

Youth of today have no respect whatsover. :roll:
Loki was never worshiped as the other Gods,
Which is quite understandable.