Mind your language

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Black Alice
Emotional Vampyre

rian wrote:Whitout 2 front teeth, your accent is a bit "strange"

:roll:
Still no teeth :eek: Getting the fixed soon though?
I never talk during music, at least during good music. If one hears bad music, it is one's duty to drown it in conversation.
rian
Slight Overbomber

Black Alice wrote:
rian wrote:Whitout 2 front teeth, your accent is a bit "strange"

:roll:
Still no teeth :eek: Getting the fixed soon though?
Yeah, July 6th

I can't wait......
I think someone set my soul alight
Johnny M
A Very Nice Man

I don't think there's any accents that rock my boat. I was born in Nurthern Eyeland but spent most of my time living abroad in the Far East or living in East Anglia (airforce bases).

I've lived in Peterborough for 20 years and there is a yokel fenland accent, but that's disappearing from the high street, as the commuter belt pushs ever northwards.

So, I have a 'services' accent which is quite neutral but I can 'yup yup' with the best of them when required and also 'danno mate' when some 7 foot skinhead asks me the time in a pub before a Chelsea match. Yep, that still happens.

So, being accentless, I can't really comment. :wink:
[size=9:7c190484cc]Johnny Boy - JB - Loki - Johnny M

Heartland 14 Jul 03 - 05 Aug 06.[/size:7c190484cc]
Black Alice
Emotional Vampyre

Johnny M wrote:I don't think there's any accents that rock my boat. I was born in Nurthern Eyeland but spent most of my time living abroad in the Far East or living in East Anglia (airforce bases).

I've lived in Peterborough for 20 years and there is a yokel fenland accent, but that's disappearing from the high street, as the commuter belt pushs ever northwards.

So, I have a 'services' accent which is quite neutral but I can 'yup yup' with the best of them when required and also 'danno mate' when some 7 foot skinhead asks me the time in a pub before a Chelsea match. Yep, that still happens.

So, being accentless, I can't really comment. :wink:
I always think of myself as being accentless - so its quite disconcerting when people ask if I'm from Australia :eek: ....... and a friend of mine from New Zealand, when I told him this, said that although I don't have an Australian accent as such he can hear what they mean - but then failed to elaborate :evil:

Went to a nice "gels" grammar school in Kent - then to Lancaster to do a teaching degree (which I didn't complete) then over to Newcastle (for the last 17 years) - so the southern accent has been attacked and bashed around until its just my own ;D
I never talk during music, at least during good music. If one hears bad music, it is one's duty to drown it in conversation.
canon docre
Overbomber

Johnny M wrote:I don't think there's any accents that rock my boat.
What about gutturral germanic purring? :wink:
Put their heads on f*cking pikes in front of the venue for all I care.
Johnny M
A Very Nice Man

canon docre wrote:
Johnny M wrote:I don't think there's any accents that rock my boat.
What about gutturral germanic purring? :wink:
:eek: :eek:

Ok. If you insist. :wink: :D

6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

Johnny M wrote:...I was born in Nurthern Eyeland...
Realllllly. :eek: :innocent: :kiss: :von:
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
Johnny M
A Very Nice Man

SINsister wrote:
Johnny M wrote:...I was born in Nurthern Eyeland...
Realllllly. :eek: :innocent: :kiss: :von:
2 Emerson Street, Waterside, Londonderry. I think I've had this conversation with Diana previously.

* shrug *

filthyrikky
Road Kill

Francis wrote:I'm a sucker for a Geordie accent. And an Irish lilt makes me swoon. What floats your boat?
Mexico City. (in expectation of brownie points from the wife for this comment).
http://killingmiranda.com

bum raping the goth scene since 1998
pikkrong
Overbomber

Sõbrad, kui tahate nalja saada, katsuge lugeda või kuulata eesti keelt :innocent: :lol:
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

geordie accents on women are very attractive -used to love talking to the receptionist at northern rock building society (as part of my job) 'though she could have been 22-stone and pushing retirement as far as i could tell.

geordie accents on blokes inspire a horribly accurate drunken impersonation on my behalf so best avoided really in case they think i'm taking the p*ss (although it did earn me a "cheap" crate of beer many years ago at Reading)

like a lot of people i tended to think of myself as accentless;sure other people from leicester have terribly cacky accents,just not me :innocent:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

...and there's absolutely no similarity between brummie accents and "eastmids" accents...clean your ears out!
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat: