Reading/Leeds festival

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
aims
Overbomber

I suppose as long as the one with the white powder isn't a scouser in a dodgy tracksuit I'll be ok :lol:

Provided he doesn't offer my dad some as happened last time :?

</flashback> :P

I appreciate that such things ain't a big deal to you big worldly wise people, but my innocent 15 year old self in a tightly packed arena next to about 10 drugged up Liverpudlians wasn't thinking about his street-cred at the time :innocent:
Black Alice
Emotional Vampyre

Motz wrote:I appreciate that such things ain't a big deal to you big worldly wise people, but my innocent 15 year old self in a tightly packed arena next to about 10 drugged up Liverpudlians wasn't thinking about his street-cred at the time :innocent:
To be honest - even as a big worldly wise person - 10 drugged up Liverpudlians would scare the crap out of me too :eek: I was just talking about wee :von: :lol: :lol: :lol:

.........and I have no street cred - I've been a goth for 18/ 19 years - that gives you no street cred whatsoever :twisted: :lol: :lol:
I never talk during music, at least during good music. If one hears bad music, it is one's duty to drown it in conversation.
Black Alice
Emotional Vampyre

*note to self - don't offer drugs to Motz's Dad*

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
I never talk during music, at least during good music. If one hears bad music, it is one's duty to drown it in conversation.
aims
Overbomber

He did politely decline the offer by the way :innocent:

Just for reference ;)
biggy
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Did someone mention Iggy and the Stooges ? :)

Download last year - SUPERB

And here the Hives watch how it should be done
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

Heh, they look scared.

And rightly so.
Black Alice
Emotional Vampyre

Iggy is always superb :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

...........they were probably waiting for him to launch himself off the stage again

*remembers Reading 1991 :twisted: *
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

Black Alice wrote:Iggy is always superb :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

...........they were probably waiting for him to launch himself off the stage again

Reading 1991 was an absolute classic of a festival.

Spent the Friday watching Babes in Toyland, Silverfish, Nirvana, Dinosaur Jr, PWEI, Sonic Youth and then Iggy before going on a mad drink-and-snort-as-much-as-you-can nightmare ride through Saturday (I think I missed all the bands on Saturday) and then resurfacing shaken, glassy-eyed but still alive (only just though, but that's a different story) to partake in the delights of Captain Sensible, Dr Phibes and the House of Wax Equations, and then of course the Sisters rounding off the day on the main stage.

Ah, them were the daze...
Black Alice
Emotional Vampyre

lazarus corporation wrote:

Spent the Friday watching Babes in Toyland, Silverfish, Nirvana, Dinosaur Jr, PWEI, Sonic Youth and then Iggy before going on a mad drink-and-snort-as-much-as-you-can nightmare ride through Saturday (I think I missed all the bands on Saturday) and then resurfacing shaken, glassy-eyed but still alive (only just though, but that's a different story) to partake in the delights of Captain Sensible, Dr Phibes and the House of Wax Equations, and then of course the Sisters rounding off the day on the main stage.

Indeed it was - but can you believe that we only arrived after Nirvana played - I still haven't recovered :evil:

Still - Iggy was absolutely superb; we were wasted the entire time
and Sisters were excellent ;D
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

I went in 1997 but the line-up wasn't nearly as good!
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

lazarus corporation wrote:
Black Alice wrote:Iggy is always superb :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

THE best Reading festival...and from memory the '87-'93 era were all utter stormers! :notworthy:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat: