***Glasto Media Monitor Alert***

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Nothing 'bout the Kills :cry:

Ah, well, I'll live through it...
Thanks anyway!!!
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
DerekR
Doobie Brother

Hello, sorry I'm late :oops:

Just catching up with last night's BBC2 coverage, you'd be forgiven for thinking Coldplay were the only bloody band there :|

Kasabian did indeed rule supreme from what I've see so far. Club Foot was damned impressive earlier, Processed Beats is on as I type this :notworthy:

New Order were shyte, no surprise there then :|

Was a bit disappointed with a somewhat lacklustre looking EATB doing Killing Moon. Never Stop was better though, did they show any others? Silly me forgot to record Friday night's coverage.

Holy Sh1t, Chas & Dave are on now :eek:

More musings later when I've watched the rest of last nights....(any more Kasabian to come? Hope so).
Francis
Overbomber

Damn. Kasabian were on? :evil: One of the very few contemporary bands that's caught my eye. Where is that cd...
And you know that she's half crazy but that's why you want to be there.
DerekR
Doobie Brother

Francis wrote:Damn. Kasabian were on? :evil: One of the very few contemporary bands that's caught my eye. Where is that cd...
They were excellent, still only seen the two songs though :(

Forgot to mention Interpol earlier, who were also superb.
DerekR
Doobie Brother

Hahaha...anyone watching the live coverage on BBC3?

Good old Boaby Gillespie, when asked if he was going to watch tonight's headliners...."Bassment f**kin' Jaxx? No way, they're c0cksuckers!" :notworthy: :notworthy:
James Blast
Banned

now, Derek, ye ken swearing is not big or clever :roll:
Primal Scream ur Rock'n'Roll even fur a bunch of dickless, ancient, fcukin' dogwank gits!
best set of Blastonbury 2005, Oh! yes, I think so Image
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
DerekR
Doobie Brother

James Blast wrote:now, Derek, ye ken swearing is not big or clever :roll:
Ah ken, but it was worth it just for the look of sheer panic on Colin Murray's face :lol:
James Blast wrote:Primal Scream ur Rock'n'Roll even fur a bunch of dickless, ancient, fcukin' dogwank gits!
best set of Blastonbury 2005, Oh! yes, I think so Image
I'm no sure. I'd like to see more of the Kasabian set. The Scream are indeed rockin' though.
Let's hope they dont fcuk it up by playing Rocks or Jailbird or some other tosh from that era

<edit> Ach, they've blown it!
James Blast
Banned

too late, too late...
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

jeezus christ!did anybody see the state of the geezer out of the beach boys?(i do know his name but the white ciders winning)reminded me of the last pope in his last years!to be honest,it may as well have been him,as far as i'm concerned...never liked the beach boys.

they really know how to line 'em up at glasters eh?hot on the heels of tom jones and rolf harris(bless him for "stairway to heaven" though-anyone who can upset so many hippies in one go gets my vote).
these people may be [insert defence on their behalf from the previous generation] but for the £££'s involved you dont want a hasbeen novelty act.
Last edited by eastmidswhizzkid on 26 Jun 2005, 22:27, edited 2 times in total.
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
DerekR
Doobie Brother

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:jeezus christ!did anybody see the state of the geezer out of the beach boys?
Severe mental illness/breakdown does tend to have that effect on a person.

I thought he was bearing up rather well considering. At least he managed to hold a tune or two...are you listening Mr Sumner?
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

DerekR wrote:
eastmidswhizzkid wrote:jeezus christ!did anybody see the state of the geezer out of the beach boys?
Severe mental illness/breakdown does tend to have that effect on a person.
nothing to do with a lifetime of heroin use then? :twisted:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
DerekR
Doobie Brother

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:nothing to do with a lifetime of heroin use then? :twisted:
I don't suppose it helped :lol:

Holy sh1t! Ian Brown is on, doing I Wanna Be Adored, and the crowd are loving it, as am I. What a way to open a set :notworthy:
James Blast
Banned

IB is killer, so far
a major Image to thee geetarist!
~ Peter Steele
DerekR
Doobie Brother

He's stealing the show. Three Roses classics have resulted in a genuine lump in my throat :oops:

Wow! now Waterfall :notworthy: It's a Roses greatest hits show! Result!
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Agreed, Brownie's yer man. :notworthy: Roses, Golden Gaze, Longsight M13!! What a boy. 8)

Good to see him headline too, he was on mid-afternoon in 2002. Still kicked ass though, as you'd expect.

Didn't see the ScreamTeam. :evil: Were they good? They were anything but at the Leeds Fest the other year, and I'm afraid to say the prospect of trekking out to see them headline Glasto 98 was a fearful one - every time I stuck my toe out of the dance tent on the friday night it disappeared in a wall of rain. Shame on me.
'Fragged another moaning sh1tbag'
DerekR
Doobie Brother

The Scream were patchy, I really wish they would drop the crap songs from their set, you know from when they used to hang out with George Clinton too much, basically they should be embarrassed to play anything from the Give Out... album.

Kowalski and Swastika Eyes were top though....Boaby seemed to be a bit 'distant' throughout the set :roll:
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

gawd, from what i saw on the various bbcX channels i thought primal scream's performance was bloody awful.

bobby was utterly fucked and completely unable to hold a tune. the whole thing sounded like a complete racket.

if i'd paid to see them and they gave a performance like that i'd want a refund.

disgraceful. :urff:

and they weren't much better at V a couple of years ago.

i love them but they're just s**t live.
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Saw some of Coldplay's set; even Coldplay looked bored...
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell