Twin Peaks

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
randdebiel²
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

timsinister wrote:I haven't seen anything by three-quarters of one episode. Utterly incomprehensible. :urff:
What am I missing?
one of the finest pieces of tv ever...funny, intelligent, beautiful,horrible at times, beautiful girls,great characters....
shiny, shiny, shiny boots of leather....
mik
Chameleons Guru

Rumour not gathering a lot of credits on alt.tv.twin-peaks which is my usual reliable Tweaks source.
Big Si wrote:But what about the guy walking behind him :wink:
Mr Chris Isaak :)

His stuff kind of sticks out like a sore thumb in my record collection but he's a one off solid gold star.

Saw him at Leeds Uni many years ago, him and his band resplendent in gold lame suit:
Chris Isaak wrote:My daddy said to me when I was but a little boy, he said son; if you're going to make it in show business you're going to need a whole lot of talent........

or a shiny suit.....

We got the suits.. hit it boys!
Also did the theme tune for Wild at Heart (Lynch connection)...

Current Chris Fave tune - "Forever Blue"
Something pithy.
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

i was the only person i knew for years who'd seen the whole lot.
I don't wanna live like I don't mind
radiojamaica
Overbomber

randdebiel² wrote:one of the finest pieces of tv ever...funny, intelligent, beautiful,horrible at times, beautiful girls,great characters....
:notworthy: so true...
and, on top of that there is some wonderful music by Angelo Badalamenti! Must have heard that soundtrack a zillion times
in dub we trust
randdebiel²

emilystrange wrote:i was the only person i knew for years who'd seen the whole lot.
I on the other hand was probably the last person of my friends to see them all, it was very popular at the time around here :eek:
Delilah

when the TV series has been made? i remember sitting in front of a telly every Friday at 8pm, being about 12 and totally in love with that character on Harley (James). My friend preferred Bobby though! It seems like such a long time ago... But that series made me a huge Lynch fan! :D
James Blast
Banned

IIRC it was on at 9pm, BBC2 of a Tuesday
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
canon docre
Overbomber

timsinister wrote:What am I missing?
Him for example. A fine example of nubile manhood.

Put their heads on f*cking pikes in front of the venue for all I care.
randdebiel²

randdebiel² wrote:
Zuma wrote:You mean he acts too? :twisted:

Only joking - seem to vaguely remember that now, those were kinda hazy years to me...

Nice one Si :notworthy:
imo he's probably even a better actor than singer.....evidence material:
a)Merry Christmas Mr. Lawrence/Furyo
b)The hunger
c)The linguini incident
d)labyrinth
:notworthy:
it seems I'd forgotten "the man who fell to earth"....unforgivable :eek:
culprit

Just got the DVD series one on Ebay, and I'm gonna treat myself for the next few nights to an episode each night.

Last saw them when aired, me and 4 mates were transfixed at the time.

It'll be interesting to see if it holds me as much!

...BTW get hold of the book LYNCH ON LYNCH [by Chris Rodley I think] for interesting info on this and others...
...mmmmmmmmmMMMMMM!....