New Model Army Northampton october 22nd

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
pikkrong
Overbomber

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:they're playing here in december as well indrek.
thank you! 8)
but I still live in a wrong place... I hope to fix my debts before February... :?
do i drive
or am i driven
Delilah
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:and one do-not-f**k-with-me lady.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: you are damn right Lee! Do you know the lady in question then? seems you do - quite well! :lol: :innocent: :lol:

And about nma - saw them on Thursday, the new guitar player is OK, I preferred the old one tho :innocent: :lol:
Johnny M
A Very Nice Man

Delilah wrote: I preferred the old one tho ...
Really? You amaze me sometimes Ania.

:innocent:
[size=9:7c190484cc]Johnny Boy - JB - Loki - Johnny M

Heartland 14 Jul 03 - 05 Aug 06.[/size:7c190484cc]
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

@Ania:ive met her but couldnt claim to know her personally.a very old friend of mine was in a relationship with her back in the dawn of time and hes still scared of her! just her strict schoolteacher demeanour when simply entering a room is enough to make you feel like you've been naughty! and she is obviously hard as nails ;you'ld have to be being spiritual mother /sister/governess to all the NMA miscreants over the years. :twisted:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
hallucienate
Overbomber

Delilah wrote:I preferred the old one tho :innocent: :lol:
This one? He was pretty good, I guess :lol: :innocent:
hallucienate
Overbomber

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:@Ania:ive met her but couldnt claim to know her personally.a very old friend of mine was in a relationship with her back in the dawn of time and hes still scared of her! just her strict schoolteacher demeanour when simply entering a room is enough to make you feel like you've been naughty! and she is obviously hard as nails ;you'ld have to be being spiritual mother /sister/governess to all the NMA miscreants over the years. :twisted:
Would that be in her biker days when she was busy picking up a conviction or two? :eek:

She is great for introducing Justin's solo shows, a whole room of pissed up NMA fans shut the f**k up as soon as she steps up to the mic. And that's before she even starts talking :lol:
Thea
Overbomber

She's pretty good introducing NYAAA too - last time I saw them, most of the croud was there for another band that were playing and didn't really "get" Joolz :|
Delilah

Johnny M wrote:
Delilah wrote: I preferred the old one tho ...
Really? You amaze me sometimes Ania.

:innocent:
Why? :innocent: :kiss:
Delilah

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:@Ania:ive met her but couldnt claim to know her personally.a very old friend of mine was in a relationship with her back in the dawn of time and hes still scared of her! just her strict schoolteacher demeanour when simply entering a room is enough to make you feel like you've been naughty! and she is obviously hard as nails ;you'ld have to be being spiritual mother /sister/governess to all the NMA miscreants over the years. :twisted:
I know exactly what you mean! ;D
a.r.kane
Amphetamine Filth

new model army have got to be one of the most bland bands in the world ever - the really, really suck. And Joolz (the punk poet) has to be the worst lyricist to have put pen to paper.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

i'd agree with you about joolz, and granted the army have *a lot* of songs that all sound the same (and a bit dreary), but when they belt out a tune they REALLY belt out a tune.

songs like purity, vagabonds, here comes the war, get me out, etc etc. all massively groovy songs... i've never come across a band that have so many songs that feel like "anthems". huge, huge songs :)

saw them with mr burgess at manc academy last night and they were rather spiffing :)
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
a.r.kane
Amphetamine Filth

they have always been a pub punk band to me with such s**t and obvious lyrics - Big Country had anthems, didn't make them any good. Anyone can rock when you turn the volume up !
eastmidswhizzkid

@Quiffy they have always cut it live, even when touring one of their less banging albums. what were the sons of god like?

vicus

Will anybody here go to the gig in Bremen next Friday?
"Am Anfang wurde das Universum erschaffen.
Das machte viele Leute sehr wütend und wurde allenthalben als Schritt in die falsche Richtung angesehen."

http://www.poison-door.net/
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

a.r.kane wrote:they have always been a pub punk band to me with such s**t and obvious lyrics - Big Country had anthems, didn't make them any good. Anyone can rock when you turn the volume up !
:lol: :notworthy:

cant argue with any of that :lol:
scotty
Overbomber

Quiff Boy wrote:
a.r.kane wrote:they have always been a pub punk band to me with such s**t and obvious lyrics - Big Country had anthems, didn't make them any good. Anyone can rock when you turn the volume up !
:lol: :notworthy:

cant argue with any of that :lol:
:roll: Yous are both DAFT, New Model Army are, have been and always will fuckin' great, "s**t and obvious" me esrse :twisted:
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

dont get me wrong, i like them. but they are a clasic "pub punk band" :lol:
scotty
Overbomber

Quiff Boy wrote:dont get me wrong, i like them. but they are a clasic "pub punk band" :lol:
"pub punk"?, you'll be telling me next the "The Sisters" were a Goff band :twisted:
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
Pat
Slight Overbomber

NMA 16/10/05 available on Dimeadozen
http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=64827

Pat
pikkrong
Overbomber

Bloody great band that NMA, especially on the stage :notworthy: (although I have been only once there - in '93 - and seen videos of their live performances :oops: )
do i drive
or am i driven
Thea
Overbomber

i still think "Nobody tells us" should have been on Carnival...
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

scotty wrote:
Quiff Boy wrote:dont get me wrong, i like them. but they are a clasic "pub punk band" :lol:
"pub punk"?, you'll be telling me next the "The Sisters" were a Goff band :twisted:
hell no! :!:

3rd rate pub rock ;)
eastmidswhizzkid

Quiff Boy wrote:
scotty wrote:

3rd rate pub rock ;)
if we can include motorhead as well then i reckon the pub's going to be the place to be...like we needed another reason. :lol:

boudicca
Sister Midnight

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:
Quiff Boy wrote:
scotty wrote: "pub punk"?, you'll be telling me next the "The Sisters" were a Goff band :twisted:

3rd rate pub rock ;)
if we can include motorhead as well then i reckon the pub's going to be the place to be...like we needed another reason. :lol:
My thoughts exactly... bloody hell, where is this fanstastic pub? :eek: :lol: 8)
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

the george ;) :lol: