The 5th Test - The Oval

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
ruffers
Overbomber

It's not enough, I fear.
Chucking another log on, reversing the polarity of the neutron flow
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber
Location: Rick Astley's house. Trying to find out why he chooses to look like Timsinister.

I'm watching it too, and did so for the most part of yesterday. Anyone would think I like it or summit.
Only a paand.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

andymackem wrote:...we play with a tennis ball on tarmac (none of this dastardly spinner nonsense)...
You're kidding, right? Given a tennis-ball and 22 yards (ish) of tarmac, I can turn it square. The hard bit is turning a real cricket ball off the tracks that Warne manages to get spin from.
andymackem wrote:Picking Bell has been the one major error in this series.
Yeah, agreed. Unfortunately.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
scotty
Overbomber

So who's winning now then :urff: ?.
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
ruffers
Overbomber

:urff: Now that's the thing with cricket, no one'e ever winning, there' sjust relative strength of position. So no, Australia aren't winning. Clearly not, oh no.

Bit cloudy though :D
scotty
Overbomber

ruffers wrote::urff: Now that's the thing with cricket, no one'e ever winning, there' sjust relative strength of position. So no, Australia aren't winning. Clearly not, oh no.

Bit cloudy though :D
Ah,so for 3 or 4 days nobody's winning or losing and you hope for rain...OK :urff: !.
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Allright, there was an article on Cricket in yesterday's newspaper, and at least now I understand the title of this topic and somewhat what it is about, :D
However, the content is a different thing, they didn't explain the rules as 'you wouldn't get them anyway if you don't know them yet' :roll: :lol:

The article informed me it is mainly/partly because of winning this The Ashes-cricket match Australia became independent :eek:
Now that gives the sport some importance
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
scotty
Overbomber

Is it finished?,who won?.
ruffers
Overbomber

One more day to go. 98 overs (maybe)

It all comes down to this....
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

*quivers in antici..........................pation*
I just can't keep living on dreams no more
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

The most important day's cricket... ever!

All three results (England win, draw, and Australia win) are still possible...
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
DerekR
Doobie Brother

Isn't this nonsense over yet? :lol:
andymackem
Slight Overbomber

markfiend wrote:
andymackem wrote:...we play with a tennis ball on tarmac (none of this dastardly spinner nonsense)...
You're kidding, right? Given a tennis-ball and 22 yards (ish) of tarmac, I can turn it square. The hard bit is turning a real cricket ball off the tracks that Warne manages to get spin from.
andymackem wrote:Picking Bell has been the one major error in this series.
Yeah, agreed. Unfortunately.
And he lives up to his billing again this morning.

But I'm mollified in advance. Durham won promotion twice yesterday :lol: :notworthy:

Now if only my football team could scrape a dismal 0-0 draw somewhere I'd almost be happy.
Names are just a souvenir ...
Russian footie in the run-up to the World Cup - my latest E-book available from https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07DGJFF6G
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

As someone on the Guardian OBO thing pointed out, one way of looking on the bright side of the Bell situation is that England can nearly win the Ashes with a ten-man team. :innocent:

Bell's figures for the series:

Played 5, 10 innings, 171 runs, high score 65, average 17.10, 2 fifties, 8 catches

Maybe he could teach Pietersen to catch...
—Bertrand Russell
ruffers
Overbomber

Today's productivity at work? Non existent.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

:lol: tell me about it. I've got The Guardian OBO, cricinfo.com's ball-by-ball, and both sites' desktop scorecards open at the moment.

Eventful first over for Tait anyway... 4 4 . 1 W 1 :|
—Bertrand Russell
andymackem
Slight Overbomber

Someone remind Pietersen that he still has some batting to do, even if he has got a century.

What do you reckon would keep the Aussies at bay, assuming we won't bat through the final session?
Names are just a souvenir ...
Russian footie in the run-up to the World Cup - my latest E-book available from https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07DGJFF6G
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

andymackem wrote:What do you reckon would keep the Aussies at bay, assuming we won't bat through the final session?
Hurricane Katrina? :urff:
—Bertrand Russell
ruffers
Overbomber

You know that work productivity has been zero? My calculators had a busy day. Over 8 an over, minimum, basically.

How incredible is this? (Last Benuad) - Last test, last day, last session and still we don't know where it's going to go. Sport at its best.

Christ almighty - what kind of an intro to the final session is that on the Guardian OBO? Stupid.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Tempting fate IMO.

8 an over seems like a decent-ish figure. You never know, England could even still win, rather than going for the draw!
—Bertrand Russell
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

my online radio 4 has packed up!
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Cricinfo.com's ball-by-ball is a bit wonky too...
—Bertrand Russell
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

*tears hair out*
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

How about a declaration then? Leave the Aussies needing 305 off 29 overs?
—Bertrand Russell
ruffers
Overbomber

Nice idea. No. No no no no no. No.

:lol: :lol: :lol: