Great Bands of Leeds

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Don't be like that Tim. :wink: :lol: Look, I'll even contribute to the re-railment...

The Music, from Kippax (a farmers field away from my house). Okay, not 'great' as such, but the first album is decent. I guess they've had their 'we want to sound most like The Roses' crown taken from them by Kasabian. :lol:
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Anyone mentioned the March Violets yet?
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

I'd be hard pushed to believe Dave lives in Leeds; more like the bloody Shire :wink:
boudicca
Sister Midnight

Planet Dave wrote:Don't be like that Tim. :wink: :lol: Look, I'll even contribute to the re-railment...

The Music, from Kippax (a farmers field away from my house).
:lol: I remember my increasing surprise as we rolled further and further out into no-streetlights country in that taxi :eek: .

(And my increasing alarm at being stuck in a cab with four 30-something men, three of them clearly under t'influence of substances of dubious legality, one with Estonian vodka for blood)... :innocent:

I had no idea Planet Dave was the Pluto of the Leeds solar system. But I think it calls for a bangin' teknooo mix of "I've Got A Brand New Combine Harvester". ;D 8)
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

d00m and I sat in a taxi for about three hours, whilst Dave planitively reassured us that the rolling hills, sweeping plains, and horse-and-carts were normal for where he lived.

Then he tried to kill us with power tools, or maybe that was a bad dream?
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

boudicca wrote:I'm glad if I can help derail anything pertaining to bloody Chris Moyles.
we can find out what train he gets if you can provide the wrong kind of leaves :wink:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
boudicca
Sister Midnight

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:
boudicca wrote:I'm glad if I can help derail anything pertaining to bloody Chris Moyles.
we can find out what train he gets if you can provide the wrong kind of leaves :wink:
Leaves made of dynamite.... :twisted:
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

timsinister wrote:d00m and I sat in a taxi for about three hours, whilst Dave planitively reassured us that the rolling hills, sweeping plains, and horse-and-carts were normal for where he lived.

Then he tried to kill us with power tools, or maybe that was a bad dream?
:lol: :lol: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Nope Tim, it wasn't a dream. :twisted: But don't even get me started on your diabolical revenge. :wink: :eek:

I think I deserve to live in the Shire for a bit. I lived in Minas Morgul for long enough. Otherwise known as Gipton, Leeds.
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Meanwhile, back at the thread...

I know it's Bradford not Leeds, but what about Terrorvision? :lol:

*tumbleweeds*
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Good question Mark - what about Terrovision. :urff: :wink: Saw them at Milton Keynes in 99 - pants. Worse the Marilyn Manson. :urff: :urff:
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

Christ, that's low. :eek:
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

What happens if I whisper Kaiser Chiefs?
it's all about circles and spirals
that ongoing eternity
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

MadameButterfly wrote:What happens if I whisper Kaiser Chiefs?
I'm a little hard of hearing. You'll have to speak up :lol:
Planet Dave wrote:Good question Mark - what about Terrovision. :urff: :wink: Saw them at Milton Keynes in 99 - pants. Worse the Marilyn Manson. :urff: :urff:
:lol: At least the singer from Terrorvision (Tony was it?) was good for a laugh on Never Mind The Buzzcocks. ;)
—Bertrand Russell
magic booka
Road Kill

the rose of avalanche??? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

don't knock the 'vision though. fantastic band. i saw them again this year when they did that week's reformation tour. great live band.
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

MadameButterfly wrote:What happens if I whisper Kaiser Chiefs?
You'll start a riot?

'Taxi for Whelan!' ;D
pikkrong
Overbomber

markfiend wrote:
a.r.kane wrote:Cassandra Complex
:lol: I have a few (potentially litigious) tales to tell about John Galvin, their some-time bassist.
Well, you can start :innocent:
But first of all someone could tell me if it's hopeless to get any unused CC CDs nowadays? The only one I managed to get has been Wetware. Even Sex & Death, the one which was in circulation even in my strange country when it came out, has disappeared... :urff:

Don't get me wrong, I'm not in Heartland to find neither sex nor death, I meant a CD by The Cassandra Complex.
do i drive
or am i driven
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

pikkrong wrote:Well, you can start :innocent:
:lol: Largely to do with John's legendary drug-taking.

Having said that, the last time I saw him, John was clean. I don't want to start digging up old dirt on a mate.
—Bertrand Russell
machiavelli
Road Kill

MDMA - better than Cassandra Complex and a million miles better than the U-u-utah saints
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

:| The only time I ever saw MDMA I thought they were yawntastic.
—Bertrand Russell
Johnny M
A Very Nice Man

markfiend wrote:
pikkrong wrote:Well, you can start :innocent:
:lol: Largely to do with John's legendary drug-taking.

Having said that, the last time I saw him, John was clean. I don't want to start digging up old dirt on a mate.
Pardon? :eek:
[size=9:7c190484cc]Johnny Boy - JB - Loki - Johnny M

Heartland 14 Jul 03 - 05 Aug 06.[/size:7c190484cc]
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Not you John.

John Galvin, former bass player of Cassandra Complex.

Or are you expressing wonder at my coyness? :lol:
—Bertrand Russell
Johnny M
A Very Nice Man

markfiend wrote: Or are you expressing wonder at my coyness? :lol:
I was more concerned that I was so far out of my tree that I didn't even realise I was out of my tree. :?

:lol:
[size=9:7c190484cc]Johnny Boy - JB - Loki - Johnny M

Heartland 14 Jul 03 - 05 Aug 06.[/size:7c190484cc]