Sisters on Mute

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Heartless
Amphetamine Filth

TheBoyNextDoor wrote:It seems The Warlocks are'nt on Mute anymore. So two unsigned band goes on tour in the states looking for a label to sign them. Wonder who will be signed first then. :D :innocent:

"We know now that another deal between the warlocks and Mute will not happen."
And I always thought anonymous postings on internet forums were not counted as reliable sources of information :innocent:
No shade of anything can make a good summer over here.
TheBoyNextDoor
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Heartless wrote: And I always thought anonymous postings on internet forums were not counted as reliable sources of information :innocent:
You are probably right. :roll: :innocent:
hellboy69

that's a shame - if it was Mute we coulda seen another Depeche Mode/Sisters gig like the one at Crystal Palace years ago - one of my fave "top days out" ever :)
TheBoyNextDoor

hellboy69 wrote:that's a shame - if it was Mute we coulda seen another Depeche Mode/Sisters gig like the one at Crystal Palace years ago - one of my fave "top days out" ever :)
Oh you lucky bastard. :D
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

After the "Puppet Show" comment, would DM appear on the same stage with the Sisters? :lol:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
hellboy69

markfiend wrote:After the "Puppet Show" comment, would DM appear on the same stage with the Sisters? :lol:
you know, you have a very good point there :lol:
Red_Kola
Amphetamine Filth

markfiend wrote:After the "Puppet Show" comment, would DM appear on the same stage with the Sisters? :lol:
Perhaps, after 13 years, somebody might have explained to joke to them.
Dan
Overbomber

Smallstone wrote:personally I still don't think an album is ready
Let's say hypothetically that Von had time to spend recording a new album and he did it quickly with not too much messing about. How much time would he need?
aims
Overbomber

1 Month, accounting for his habit of producing several takes/mixes of every song. Ignoring that, 1 week.
TheBoyNextDoor

With promotion 3-4 months.
It's all about marketing (=money).
aims
Overbomber

And if we assume the tour to be the marketting, then it's ready.
TheBoyNextDoor

Yeah let's hope it is. But I think he need to send that promo-cd with pictures and info out really soon so the press won't look like this:
http://www.showbizz.net/section_musique ... 0106083314

I have no idea what is said, but the picture tells a lot.
Dan
Overbomber

Motz wrote:1 Month, accounting for his habit of producing several takes/mixes of every song. Ignoring that, 1 week.
Ah ok, so he's had plenty of time in which to record an album.

Do Mute have recording studios in Yorkshire that Von could have used towards the end of 2005?
GMC
Road Kill

Dan wrote:
Smallstone wrote:personally I still don't think an album is ready
Let's say hypothetically that Von had time to spend recording a new album and he did it quickly with not too much messing about. How much time would he need?
Andrew probably has the Doktor's stuff done and so on but not the guitars. Someone quoted Chris Cat. as saying he'd love to record a TSoM album - meaning he at least thinks there are guitars yet to be recorded. And without those I can't belive Andrew has vocal takes done he's happy with.

And this is Andrew..."Not too much time messing about?" That means probably 3-4 months, and then promotional considerations. 3-4 months is just for the album mixes.
Flowers on the Razor Wire.