Copenhagen - Vega - 19th April

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the mammoth 2006 25th Anniversary tour.
itnAklipse
Slight Overbomber

Oh well, i suppose we now have enough evidence that anyone expecting european fans to be more reasonable than our american cousins was too optimistic (even the drummer thing comes up in europe, not to mention playback etc). Americans aren't dumber than europeans in the end :(
we've got beer and we've got fuel
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

itnAklipse wrote:Oh well, i suppose we now have enough evidence that anyone expecting european fans to be more reasonable than our american cousins was too optimistic (even the drummer thing comes up in europe, not to mention playback etc). Americans aren't dumber than europeans in the end :(
No of course not. I think it's obvious that the reason is they play all kinds of places they have never played before, and the reaction is accordingly. Tonight they are playing Brussels, which they always have played (well Belgium, but it's a very small country). I'm conviced we won't hear the "where's the drummer"-thing there. In Bilbao? Yes, probably.

I know it's naive, but I like this idea that they are showing themselves to almost every possible corner of the planet where they might have fans...it relly feels like it could be a preparation for something in the end. Besides, the merchandise guy in Gothenburg answered "No-o-o" laughing when I asked if this was the last tour :-)
itnAklipse
Slight Overbomber

You're right of course, it just really surprises me how many people go to concerts not knowing much at all about the band.
we've got beer and we've got fuel
Zodiak
Road Kill

Any recordings or pictures from this show? :wink:
dave-kompas
Road Kill

At least, in Brussels we could see a drum kit on stage!!

But of course it belonged to the support band Nihil...
NeiNei
Road Kill

TheBoyNextDoor
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

NeiNei wrote:4/6 stars:
http://gaffa.dk/anmeldelser/view.php/mreview_id=31323
(Danish only)
Great review, thanks!